It's the Lifestyle We're Living

Weird question: Computer stuff

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 24, 2021, 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic
No I havent been hacked, but yes this is a technical question that's not about the forum.

Using the Microsoft Outlook app (not desktop). Is there a way I can open the emails in my inbox without the sender knowing?

I did Google but couldn't see an answer specific to the app. Any help greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2022, 17:55 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Does Outlook send a response to the sender after openening an email? I knew that ages ago it was a thing to send mails and ask for an electronic return receipt. But never saw anything like that in years, mostly because no one clicked on "yes". I'm using Outlook on my Pixel and before on my Lumias and never heard about it sending a return receipt automatically
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 24, 2021, 17:13

I'm using Outlook on my Pixel and before on my Lumias and never heard about it sending a return receipt automatically

You may well be right. I hope so!

EDIT actually it seems that it does but you have to login on a desktop to change the settings (if I understand correctly).
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021, 19:11 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

but it seems this only happens with business accounts
no idea, no idea

Hello, One question, does anyone know where to get the born in the echoes deluxe? I was looking for it in many stores and I can't find it. If anyone knows, please put where to get it and I would really appreciate it.

Quote from: Reiden3531Q on Apr 02, 2022, 20:03

Hello, One question, does anyone know where to get the born in the echoes deluxe? I was looking for it in many stores and I can't find it. If anyone knows, please put where to get it and I would really appreciate it.

=> https://www.discogs.com/de/release/7240286-The-Chemical-Brothers-Born-In-The-Echoes

starting with 4€...

https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/release/7240286?ev=rb
no idea, no idea

I'm putting a larger memory SD card in my phone.
So I want to transfer the stuff on my current SD card to the new one.

I've stuck the SD card into my laptop. I'm thinking: transfer everything to the laptop (mostly music and picture files) and then transfer it all from the laptop on to the new SD card,  which will then go in my phone.

Fine, I can see all the folders showing under "D Drive" for my SD card currently stuck into the Laptop. But how do I just move everything on to the laptop in one go rather than moving specific folders and files? And then how do I move it all in one go on to the new SD card?

There are videos on Youtube like the ones below, but they don't tell me how to move everything at once.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

When you've opened the SD card on your computer, simply hit "STRG+A" to select all folders and files, then copy+paste them into a folder named something like "SD Backup" or whatever to your computer, when it's done remove the SD card, plug in the new one, open the folder you've just created, again hit "STRG+A" and copy+paste them to the new drive.
Does this method not work?

Have you already formatted your new SD inside your phone? I guess this is what phones require these days. and I believe, if done, it will set up a default folder structure.

I would then move everything that is important to me over by copying & pasting the folders (like Music and Pictures or DCIM/Camera stuff. To select only the relevant folders you want to transfer at once press CTRL + Mouse-clicking each one and then press CRTL+C or use the copy option of the context menue.

@what Stefan mentioned: I maybe would avoid that in this case because usually there's so much clutter on a drive that I would just c&p relevant folders instead of everything to keep the new one as clean as possible.
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2022, 18:41 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)