Forum > The Social

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

(1/26) > >>

Explud:
Hi all, resurrecting the old thread.
Here you can share the list or pics or the other stuff about your Chems collection on CD/Vinyl.

For example, recently I was convinced that not always you should trust to 100% positive seller on Discogs.
This was selled as "Mint":

Wolkenkrabber:
Although "Show me what you have" is 100% correct English, somehow "Show me what you've got" works better as a thread title. Can't explain why, really. Although the fact that it reminds me of Gimme What You Got by Black Daniel (Alex Metric mix) might have something to do with it.  :)

Anywaaay...I can't tell from your picture if the white looking mark towards the top of the box is a reflexion (chemical spelling!) or if it's damaged artwork.  If it is damaged artwork then yes, they told you a porkie pie (that's 'lie' in cockney slang); send it back and tell him he's a shitbag! If it is a reflexion (chemical spelling), then it doesn't look too bad.

In other news. I may have something that technically none  of the rest of you might have.  Although musically speaking, there's nothing to get excited about. This particular version of BITE doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs.  Too bad I didn't receive this a couple of months sooner: Promo CDr.

Explud:

--- Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 15:55 ---.I can't tell from your picture if the white looking mark towards the top of the box is a reflexion (chemical spelling!) or if it's damaged artwork.  If it is damaged artwork then yes, they told you a porkie pie (that's 'lie' in cockney slang); send it back and tell him he's a shitbag! If it is a reflexion (chemical spelling), then it doesn't look too bad.
--- End quote ---
Sadly it's not reflexion (chemical spelling), it's damaged sleeve. I think they tried to remove sticker with price and damaged it.
Good news, it's just 5 bucks with shipping.

Aaaand another good news, today my little japanese arrived (i did a really late order):

--- Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 15:55 ---In other news. I may have something that technically none  of the rest of you might have.  Although musically speaking, there's nothing to get excited about. This particular version of BITE doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs.  Too bad I didn't receive this a couple of months sooner: Promo CDr.
--- End quote ---
Cool! You should contribute it to discogs.

Wolkenkrabber:
I think I've noticed a couple of possible errors in the white booklet that comes with the Japanese CD .
On the lyric sheet for Direct Buki it says "Killer Beat y'all", but we know that it's sampled from LL Cool J's Feel the Beat. So I think someone has that lyric wrong.
Also on the other side, the "Ultra Perfect Biography" may not be so ultra perfect.  Go to 2012 and it says "Now You See Me". The rest is in Japanese, but unless it says  "the Chems pulled out of doing the soundtrack", then I think there could be a mistake there. Anyone here speak Japanese?

Explud:

--- Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 19:41 ---On the lyric sheet for Direct Buki it says "Killer Beat y'all", but we know that it's sampled from LL Cool J's Feel the Beat. So I think someone has that lyric wrong.
--- End quote ---
Haha, there are errors in every song lyrics, except Reflexion  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version