But Now I Think I See the Light

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

Started by Explud, Aug 13, 2015, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all, resurrecting the old thread.
Here you can share the list or pics or the other stuff about your Chems collection on CD/Vinyl.

For example, recently I was convinced that not always you should trust to 100% positive seller on Discogs.
This was selled as "Mint":

Last Edit: Aug 13, 2015, 18:44 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Although "Show me what you have" is 100% correct English, somehow "Show me what you've got" works better as a thread title. Can't explain why, really. Although the fact that it reminds me of Gimme What You Got by Black Daniel (Alex Metric mix) might have something to do with it.  :)

Anywaaay...I can't tell from your picture if the white looking mark towards the top of the box is a reflexion (chemical spelling!) or if it's damaged artwork.  If it is damaged artwork then yes, they told you a porkie pie (that's 'lie' in cockney slang); send it back and tell him he's a shitbag! If it is a reflexion (chemical spelling), then it doesn't look too bad.

In other news. I may have something that technically none  of the rest of you might have.  Although musically speaking, there's nothing to get excited about. This particular version of BITE doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs.  Too bad I didn't receive this a couple of months sooner: Promo CDr.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 15:55
.I can't tell from your picture if the white looking mark towards the top of the box is a reflexion (chemical spelling!) or if it's damaged artwork.  If it is damaged artwork then yes, they told you a porkie pie (that's 'lie' in cockney slang); send it back and tell him he's a shitbag! If it is a reflexion (chemical spelling), then it doesn't look too bad.
Sadly it's not reflexion (chemical spelling), it's damaged sleeve. I think they tried to remove sticker with price and damaged it.
Good news, it's just 5 bucks with shipping.

Aaaand another good news, today my little japanese arrived (i did a really late order):

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 15:55
In other news. I may have something that technically none  of the rest of you might have.  Although musically speaking, there's nothing to get excited about. This particular version of BITE doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs.  Too bad I didn't receive this a couple of months sooner: Promo CDr.
Cool! You should contribute it to discogs.
Hi Kevin!

I think I've noticed a couple of possible errors in the white booklet that comes with the Japanese CD .
On the lyric sheet for Direct Buki it says "Killer Beat y'all", but we know that it's sampled from LL Cool J's Feel the Beat. So I think someone has that lyric wrong.
Also on the other side, the "Ultra Perfect Biography" may not be so ultra perfect.  Go to 2012 and it says "Now You See Me". The rest is in Japanese, but unless it says  "the Chems pulled out of doing the soundtrack", then I think there could be a mistake there. Anyone here speak Japanese?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 13, 2015, 19:41
On the lyric sheet for Direct Buki it says "Killer Beat y'all", but we know that it's sampled from LL Cool J's Feel the Beat. So I think someone has that lyric wrong.
Haha, there are errors in every song lyrics, except Reflexion  ;D
Hi Kevin!

Clothings:
nothing official, just white noise's version of the "nous some le pouvoir" shirt

CD (Album):
Exit Planet Dust [XDUSTCD1]
Dig Your Own Hole [XDUSTCD2]
Surrender [XDUSTCD4]
Come With Us [XDUSTCD5]
Push The Button [XDUSTCD7]
Further [Parlophone 6411302]
Hanna [Sony 88697932532]
Born In The Echoes [XDUSTCDX10]

CD (E.P.):
Loops Of Fury E.P. [ASW 6174-2]
American E.P. [ASW 43338]

CD (Single):
Leave Home [ASW 6167-2]
Life Is Sweet [ASW 6162-2]
Setting Sun [CHEMSD4]
Block Rockin' Beats [CHEMSD5]
Block Rockin' Beats [CHEMSDX5]
Elektrobank [CHEMSD6]
Elektrobank [CHEMSDX6]
The Private Psychedelic Reel [CHEMSD7] - this one got no number, don't ask me why
Hey Boy Hey Girl [CHEMSD8]
Let Forever Be [CHEMSD9]
Out Of Control [CHEMSD10]
Music:Response [CHEMSD11]
It Began In Afrika [CHEMSD12]
Star Guitar [CHEMSD14]
Come With Us / The Test [CHEMSD15]
The Golden Path [CHEMSD18]
Get Yourself High [CHEMSD19]
Galvanize [CHEMSD21]
Believe [CHEMSD22]
Believe [CHEMSDX22]
The Boxer [CHEMSD23]
Do It Again [Virgin 0094639414802]
The Salmon Dance [CHEMSD26]

CD (Compilations & Mixes):
Junior Boys Own Collection [JBOCD2] (Track 8: The Dust Brothers - Song To The Siren)
Live At The Social Volume 1 [HVNLP13CD]
Brothers Gonna Work It Out [ASW 6243-2]
Singles 93-03 [XDUSTCDX6]
Brotherhood [XDUSTCDY9]
The Sunday Times [UPCHEMB001]

DVD & Bluray:
Star Guitar [CHEMSDVD14]
Singles 93-03  [CHEMSDVD6]
The Golden Path [CHEMSDVD18]
Don't Think 10"-Book Edition [Parlophone P6027779]
Don't Think Bluray-Version [P6801579]

Digital Download:
Further (iTunes LP Version USA)
Theme For Velodrome (Amazon Version)

Vinyl:
coming soon...
Last Edit: Sep 17, 2015, 14:41 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

cd...

Albums:
Exit Planet Dust
Dig Your Own Hole
Surrender
Come With Us
Push The Button
We Are The Night
Further (cd/dvd booklet version)
Born In The Echos
Singles 93 - 03 (double disc version)
Brotherhood + EBWs
Brothers Gonna Work It Out
Singles:
Life Is Sweet
Leave Home
Elektrobank
Hey Boy Hey Girl
Out Of Control
Music: Response
Star Guitar
American EP
Get Yourself High

Other:
The Charlatans UK v. The Chemical Brothers
Primal Scream - XTRMNTR (Chem Bros remix of swatchstika eyes)
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Chem Bros remix)
Special Brew (Chemical Beats & "Dust Bros" remix of voodoo people)
The Trip Hop Test vol. 1 (My Mercury Mouth)
The Trip Hop Test vol. 2 (Let Me In)
Chemical Reaction (too many remixes to name)
V2arious (Mercury Rev remix)
etc. (Amp, Big Rockin' Beats, and the rest just repeat

DVD:
Singles
Don't Think

Vinyl...

Albums:
Exit Planet Dust
Dig Your Own Hole
Come With Us
We Are The Night
Further
Born In The Echoes

Singles:
Life Is Sweet
Loops Of Fury
Setting Sun
Block Rockin Beats
Elektrobank
Let Forever Be
It Began In Africa
Star Guitar
Star Guitar (with Base 6)
Come With Us
Get Yourself High
Galvanize (with EBW7)
Galvanize (with Rize Up)
The Boxer (2x12)
Do It Again

Other:
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Chem Bros remix)
Amp vol. 2 - Playground/Piku (live)
Y2k Beat The Clock - Elektrobank (full version)
Astralwerks Flexi Disc Box Set - Block Rockin Beats

Knit hat bought at 2001 Chicago show
We Are The Night Tour t shirt bought at 2007 Chicago show.

Got lot of chem records and CDs but I think this is by far my favorite Chemical possession...

The Singles 93-03 Limited Ed 4xLP signed by both Tom and Ed in 2003 during their promotion of the compilation. I believe it's one a kind?
I just took the picture... and I was listening to the Lorde album on the right deck heheh don't laugh at me

My pride and joy

Cd's now (missing Salmon Dance, CWU/Test, GP, SG DVD)

Only wore once :)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 20, 2015, 05:35

Cd's now (missing Salmon Dance, CWU/Test, GP, SG DVD)

Nice pic. What's that cd between the Do it again single and the Sunday times compilation? That looks unfamilliar to me
And I guess the cd directly under the Sunday times compilation is the live anti nazi mix promo?

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 20, 2015, 22:24

Nice pic. What's that cd between the Do it again single and the Sunday times compilation? That looks unfamilliar to me
And I guess the cd directly under the Sunday times compilation is the live anti nazi mix promo?

That's Brotherhood

I have a nice collection with various lovely things but I just don't have it in me right now  to drag out my t shirts, cd's, poster flats, etc. as everything is in its own place - but not all is in one single place.

So here's a picture of my Organic Festival tickets. My first Chems gig that never was. I posted this on the last forum. My dog since ate the unsigned ticket (true story) but the signed one lives on! We had Tom and Ed sign it many years after the fact. And got a giggle out of Tom while we were at it.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 20, 2015, 22:57

That's Brotherhood
HAHA now that you said it I regonized it. I'll be posting some price posession later today

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 20, 2015, 04:58

Got lot of chem records and CDs but I think this is by far my favorite Chemical possession...

The Singles 93-03 Limited Ed 4xLP signed by both Tom and Ed in 2003 during their promotion of the compilation. I believe it's one a kind?
I just took the picture... and I was listening to the Lorde album on the right deck heheh don't laugh at me
AB-SO-LUT-LY LOVE that signed 93-03 4LP. JEALOUS!!!
It looks like it's signed on the plastic wrapper. Is that so? And if so why?

That Come With Us 12" looks beautiful.
V jealous.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 21, 2015, 23:21

Got quite a few things :

Nice collection Ben! I see that Dust Up Beats label. I don't have that one.........yet.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 21, 2015, 14:44

I have a nice collection with various lovely things but I just don't have it in me right now  to drag out my t shirts, cd's, poster flats, etc. as everything is in its own place - but not all is in one single place.

So here's a picture of my Organic Festival tickets. My first Chems gig that never was. I posted this on the last forum. My dog since ate the unsigned ticket (true story) but the signed one lives on! We had Tom and Ed sign it many years after the fact. And got a giggle out of Tom while we were at it.

Ah! Good ol' Organic 96! That's awesome of the guys to sign that for you Whirls. Didn't know that part of the story. To be honest, I went there for Orbital! It was years and years later that I found out that the Chemicals Bros played there and I TOTALLY SKIPPED THEM lolz! I wish I would of popped my cherry at the time.

That stub though! Amazing piece of history right there Whirls. and it was $29.75 back then...DAMN.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 22, 2015, 05:43

Nice collection Ben! I see that Dust Up Beats label. I don't have that one.........yet.

Yeah I've never been sure about this one. Is it a legitimate release, is it a kind of bootleg ? I'm not sure...
Discogs lists this as "Unofficial Release" but I don't know what it means http://www.discogs.com/Chemical-Brothers-Loops-Of-Fury/release/11776
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2015, 15:34 by Ben_j