You Should Feel What I Feel

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

Started by Explud, Aug 13, 2015, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 20, 2022, 20:01

Wow! I take it this was an official release?

Yup! Canadian promotional CD single. Just the radio edit on it. I have no way to play it, but it's been on my Discogs want list for years!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

So you're telling me there was a time when people outside of Japan got special stuff?

The edition looks fantastic, congrats for expanding your collection!

ES:Hola esta es nuestra pequeña coleccion de the chemical brothers(Mia y de mi padre) (la verdad no tenemos muchos por que como somos de mexico estan casi escasos y nos da miedo que si los pedimos en linea salgan rotos entonces nos animamos a pedir exit planet dust(que todavia no llega sino hasta el sabado) para ver si no sale roto pero bueno esta es nuestra coleccion)(por cierto les dejo el link de la foto por que soy nuevo aqui)
ING:Hello, this is our small collection of the chemical brothers (Mia and my father) (the truth is we don't have many because as we are from Mexico they are almost scarce and we are afraid that if we order them online they will come out broken so we are encouraged to ask for exit planet dust (which still doesn't arrive until Saturday) to see if it doesn't come out broken but well this is our collection)(by the way I leave you the link of the photo because I'm new here)http://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMZKTTxy3mdSva47cHqm3CdanNZidpfUDRI42C4
Last Edit: Jan 27, 2022, 14:14 by Reiden3531Q

Quote from: Reiden3531Q on Jan 25, 2022, 19:54

ES:Hola esta es nuestra pequeña coleccion de the chemical brothers(Mia y de mi padre) (la verdad no tenemos muchos por que como somos de mexico estan casi escasos y nos da miedo que si los pedimos en linea salgan rotos entonces nos animamos a pedir exit planet dust(que todavia no llega sino hasta el sabado) para ver si no sale roto pero bueno esta es nuestra coleccion)(por cierto les dejo el link de la foto por que soy nuevo aqui)
ING:Hello, this is our small collection of the chemical brothers (Mia and my father) (the truth is we don't have many because as we are from Mexico they are almost scarce and we are afraid that if we order them online they will come out broken so we are encouraged to ask for exit planet dust (which still doesn't arrive until Saturday) to see if it doesn't come out broken but well this is our collection)(by the way I leave you the link of the photo because I'm new here)

file:///C:/Users/USUARIO%20DELL/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/272634905_639967390583216_2514460717785379076_n.jpg

Welcome Reiden, your photo is unable to seen by the forum unless it's linked to a photo hosting website or properly attached to your post. There should be attachment button just below the area where you can type text to post. From there you can insert your photo file to share!

I hope my English translates well enough for you to understand. I also hope you get your hands on a mint condition version of 'Exit Planet Dust'. It's a great album, and I gotta say the track, 'Three Little Birdies Down Beats', is my FAVORITE!

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 27, 2022, 04:42

Welcome Reiden, your photo is unable to seen by the forum unless it's linked to a photo hosting website or properly attached to your post. There should be attachment button just below the area where you can type text to post. From there you can insert your photo file to share!

I hope my English translates well enough for you to understand. I also hope you get your hands on a mint condition version of 'Exit Planet Dust'. It's a great album, and I gotta say the track, 'Three Little Birdies Down Beats', is my FAVORITE!

thanks because I didn't know the truth

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 20, 2022, 01:47

Been meaning to post this for a while, but LOOK WHAT MRS ENJOYED GOT ME FOR CHRIM!

Love those unusual shaped promo CD's
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

And suddenly i ran into this at Rough Trade Bristol

No idea if it's worth 5 Sterling, because it seems to be not so common in british record stores to let people listen to records before buying. I mean, c'mon it clearly is in used condition, how about puting one or two 1200 in a corner an let people check the quality (scratches? noises?)
no idea, no idea

I was digging through old tour shirts looking for something for an upcoming show (not chems related) when I stumbled on this.

that tour they were screenprinting the back of shirts at each show, each city had its own lyric.

Please log in to view this attachment. Please log in to view this attachment.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 22, 2015, 19:43
I'm not impressed until I see :

1.  An actual copy of Strictly Limited Edition.
2. Factual evidence that someone actually bought The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Pt. 1 Soundtrack CD
My actual copy of Strictly Limited Edition

Please log in to view this attachment.

My recent purchase from Japan; FILA x Chemical Brothers sneakers circa 2002. 
Released in conjunction with the Come With Us/Japan Only EP CD
Limited images atm (as they're currently in transit) but the inner cushion has the CWU yellow/red colour combo and the light green outer has the Chems logo embossing. Also custom box with logo - LIMITED TO ONLY 500 PAIRS :o

Follow my Instagram page and I'll be posting more images of these badboys

Quote from: shakermaker on Jun 06, 2023, 06:00
I was digging through old tour shirts looking for something for an upcoming show (not chems related) when I stumbled on this.

that tour they were screenprinting the back of shirts at each show, each city had its own lyric.

Please log in to view this attachment. Please log in to view this attachment.

That was a mighty fine show, my friend.

Quote from: shakermaker on Jun 06, 2023, 06:00

Is that true? I totally can't remember because I failed to get the screen print done in Chicago. I was so wrapped up in excitement for my first Chems show, I totally missed out this was happening. It didn't help the screen printing was located away from merch booth.

I did snag one of the Microsoft Zune sponsored US Tour posters though!

Not to steal your thunder, but I got the San Francisco shirt screen print too! I've actually never worn mine.  ;D

@whitelabel84

Amazing Strictly Limited Edition. I remember reading something from a very old forum member (anType), speak of some story where it was thought that in distribution there was an incident (fire?) which damaged majority of the copies.

Neat shoes too. Ugly, but very unique.

Would be amused if they tried limited edition shoes again and not as some promotion thing. Something with a little more appeal too. :P

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Jun 06, 2023, 06:39
My recent purchase from Japan; FILA x Chemical Brothers sneakers circa 2002.
Released in conjunction with the Come With Us/Japan Only EP CD
Limited images atm (as they're currently in transit) but the inner cushion has the CWU yellow/red colour combo and the light green outer has the Chems logo embossing. Also custom box with logo - LIMITED TO ONLY 500 PAIRS :o

Follow my Instagram page and I'll be posting more images of these badboys

This is VERY cool.

I always wanted a pair of the Underworld Adidas shoes (they glow in the dark  8) ) but gave up trying to find them.
Come to think of it... a friend of mine works at Adidas now... I should poke around.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 02, 2023, 00:05
This is VERY cool.

I always wanted a pair of the Underworld Adidas shoes (they glow in the dark  8) ) but gave up trying to find them.
Come to think of it... a friend of mine works at Adidas now... I should poke around.

Thanks @Enjoyed 🙏

I'm stoked I was to locate these after many years of searching... and for a steal too 😜

These Underworld sneakers are off the charts - don't give up!!

Thought I'd share a few interesting pieces from my Chems collection.

Velodrome test pressing and full promo release [2012]:

Set of brown card mono print promos:

CHEMICAL 1/2 CD compilation hardbook [2008]:

Somehow have ended up with two of these!

Song to the Siren test pressing [1992]:

Likely the most valuable and rarest piece in my collection. My understanding is this was self funded by Tom & Ed as their first Dust Brothers vinyl release. One side is DBS333, the flip is a hardcore number by PSI-Q Network who went halves on the pressing cost with them. The commerical 1992 release of Song to the Siren of course is single sided.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9601068-The-Dust-Brothers-2-PSI-Q-Network-Song-To-The-Siren-Transhuman

Does anyone recognise that handwriting on the label?

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 07, 2023, 04:23
Is that true? I totally can't remember because I failed to get the screen print done in Chicago.
oh I forgot to reply.

yes from what I recall SF had the pills lyric and LA (nocturnal) had a block rockin beats lyric. from that I assumed each show was unique.

Quote from: axent on Jul 03, 2023, 20:33
Song to the Siren test pressing [1992]:

Likely the most valuable and rarest piece in my collection. My understanding is this was self funded by Tom & Ed as their first Dust Brothers vinyl release. One side is DBS333, the flip is a hardcore number by PSI-Q Network who went halves on the pressing cost with them. The commerical 1992 release of Song to the Siren of course is single sided.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9601068-The-Dust-Brothers-2-PSI-Q-Network-Song-To-The-Siren-Transhuman

Does anyone recognise that handwriting on the label?

This is incredible - I just noticed it sold for bucket load on Discogs (I did have my eyes on it) - well done, Sir!
Also loving the Velodrome TP 👏

Does Ed still have the same phonenumber? I know you tried it  ;D