Push the Button

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

Started by Explud, Aug 13, 2015, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Also got this badboy hanging on my wall...

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 09:53 by toxic

Just arrived today!

Thanks to Chemical HQ! =)
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 22, 2015, 16:08

Wow Whirly, that's hugely impressive, you won. Super fan since day one.
I was turning 7 years old during that gig!!!

Aw man, I wish I could say I was a fan since day 1! I heard of the Chemical Brothers, and heard their music here and there - but my husband and I went to the rave to see other acts. I ended up with a bad case of altitude sickness and we bailed early, before the Chems. I really didn't start getting seriously into their music until 1998/1999 and when I think about having blown my chance to see them way, way back when. I wonder how nerdy I'd be now. :D

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 23, 2015, 00:02

And here I thought cause I had a signed record I was special... Seems everyone has one lol

Not just anyone! Just us nerds!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Whirls, do you still have this huge selfmade Star Guitar collage hanging you made for Tower Records?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My huge evergrowing pulsating cd-collection from the brotherhood:

Unless I'm mistaken, I've seen no pictures of the star shaped Star Guitar promo. Anyone care to make me incredibly jealous?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 13:51

This is so 90s it hurts!! Gonna play Wipeout XL right now. Hope my PS1 is still alive.
Btw how are those trip hop compilations?? any good?

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 26, 2015, 14:29

This is so 90s it hurts!! Gonna play Wipeout XL right now. Hope my PS1 is still alive.
Btw how are those trip hop compilations?? any good?

Yeah, it's a mix of big beat and trip hop tunes. Some good 90's artists on there too: Crystal Method, Lemon Interupt (Underworld), Portishead, Hip Optimist, Prodigy, Red Snapper, Nightmares On Wax, Pressure Drop, DJ Food, Funki Porcini, Sabres of Paradise etc etc

The Trip Hop albums have the following Chems tunes:

My Mercury Mouth
Let Me In Mate
Sabres of paradise - Tow Truck (Chems Remix)
Charlatans - Chemical Risk (Chems Remix)
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 14:41 by Nils VIP

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 14:16
Unless I'm mistaken, I've seen no pictures of the star shaped Star Guitar promo. Anyone care to make me incredibly jealous

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 09:57 by toxic

:'(

My most wanted CD. Rivaled only by Underworld's 'Live In Toyko'.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Mine is the live'05 us promo cd.... And I only got disc 2 of the live in Paris promo... Life is hard sometimes ;)

Quote from: toxic on Aug 26, 2015, 17:18

Hoooooly shiiiiiit!! I want this!
BTW guys, is somebody has this australian LE of Surrender?
http://www.discogs.com/Chemical-Brothers-Surrender/release/6390

It says that it have Director's Cut of OOC video. Interested about this.
Hi Kevin!

Toxic, those rarities are amazing. I never knew that Star Guitar Promo existed (that is a mini CD-R, right?)

Does anybody have any unique stories where they picked up some of these rare items, or are they just coming from ebay/online shopping?

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 27, 2015, 05:50

Toxic, those rarities are amazing. I never knew that Star Guitar Promo existed (that is a mini CD-R, right?)

Does anybody have any unique stories where they picked up some of these rare items, or are they just coming from ebay/online shopping?

The Strictly Limited Edition I got on eBay in 2000 for waaaaaaay to much money, and the star shaped promo I found it on a record fare in the Netherlands in Utrecht. This is a HUGE record fair twice a year, and I just always go there. I always take my Chemical Brothers record bag (a promo bag with the release of Surrender I think) with me to put my new vinyl in. Jeez, i'm a real chemical nerd  :-\
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015, 07:30 by toxic

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 27, 2015, 05:50

In Paris there are a few shops where you can find promo items. I got a lot of promos from there, around the PTB era (2005/2006). It's more rewarding and exciting to find a Galvanize green promo from browsing the crates of a shop rather than via an eBay search

Quote from: Explud on Aug 26, 2015, 17:48

Hoooooly shiiiiiit!! I want this!
BTW guys, is somebody has this australian LE of Surrender?
http://www.discogs.com/Chemical-Brothers-Surrender/release/6390

I have this! Never watched the video though, haha! I'll give it a spin.

Quote from: Explud on Aug 26, 2015, 17:48

Very interested!

Quote from: Ford on Aug 27, 2015, 12:42

I have this! Never watched the video though, haha! I'll give it a spin.

upload noooooooooow!!!! quick!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

It's not working on my Macbook, will try it on the PC at work tomorrow!

@ Nils
I like those doubles you have ( elecktobank, BRB, etc) I think I'm gonna go ahead and start getting those as well. They just look better side by side.
@Joshlyn
Nice lot you got there,  especially with the battle weapons. I need 6# and 11#

@ toxic
Very envious of your collection, especially the strictly limited edition.  I've seen those SG cd's at least twice in the last 5 years on ebay.

Any of you have the chemical brothers chocolate bar? ;)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.