The Music Gets Louder, The Lights Swirl Faster

Record Store Day 2021

Started by 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Apr 07, 2021, 17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the TDTYF single is out, which side do you prefer?

Side A: The Darkness That You Fear  
2 (13.3%)
Side B: Work Energy Principle
5 (33.3%)
They're both great tracks in their own way
7 (46.7%)
Neither
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Remix coming this friday ;)

So, that's proppably the B-Side
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Okay for those wanting a proper single since The Salmon Dance you ALL are in luck!

My friend was looking at RSD videos and found this one video of this man going over a bunch of releases including The Chems one, and the B-side appears to be a new song! Title: Work Energy Principle

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jun 07, 2021, 05:06

Okay for those wanting a proper single since The Salmon Dance you ALL are in luck!

My friend was looking at RSD videos and found this one video of this man going over a bunch of releases including The Chems one, and the B-side appears to be a new song! Title: Work Energy Principle

Awesome find hstn!

W+E+P

Sounds like a sequel to K+D+B

I wish that guy was my local record store owner! Definitely has the voice for RSD releases.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Like that. But what's with the remix?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 07, 2021, 09:25

Like that. But what's with the remix?

How dare they commission a remix and not put it on the B-side?!

Well the new track doesn't look like it will be Here Come The Papal Disco Drums. But still...new track!

It's not Chemistry but it is Physics. Will it be as good as Marie Davidson's "Work It"?  I wonder if it will have any audiobook-style science-y samples, like something sampled from this, for example:

Neither google nor twitter seems to offer anything at the moment, if you search the title + Chemical Brothers. So we'll have to wait and see...(much excite!)

*EDIT* for those paying attention to the Chem's Instagram, they wrote #WorkEnergyPrinciple in this post yesterday.

Also it seems the delay for the second drop mentioned previously on this thread is for Australia, due to shipping issues.
Last Edit: Jun 07, 2021, 17:51 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Holy shit. This is amazing news. I was already hyped to stroll down to my local record store on Saturday but a legit b-side is insanely exciting. What a freakin' treat.

"Work Energy Principle" does seem like it could share a vibe with the Galileo world. But at this point I just don't see that exceptional slice of musical magic to ever see the light, sadly.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ok, so even though record stores in my city are going to participate in RSD, they apparently won't get TDTYF... that's a real bummer.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hopefully Work Energy Principle will be on the album... or it'll end up as a Japan bonus track,

Well I just confirmed with my local that they will have the 12" in stock. They'll also have the Tomb Raider soundtrack making it a double chems day hopefully.

Bring on the B-Side...still looking for that Salmon Dance 7" with Snooprah...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: hstn on Jun 07, 2021, 05:06

Hello! I am the friend hehe. I'm located in Europe so I will likely get my hands on it earlier than the US peeps, very very excited to hear it! I still can't believe I found that video!!
Hello to all the chems fans here btw :) I've been meaning to join the forum for a while now, glad to be here!
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

See The Colors E.P. [CHEMSTDJ35]

A1 The Darkness That You Fear
A2 Work Energy Principle
B1 Here Come The Papal Disco Drums
B2 The Darkness That You Fear (HAAi Remix)
no idea, no idea

Last Edit: Jun 08, 2021, 16:33 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Well, I fell for that one! I expected more from you BenJ, And the fact that I subscribed to your channel for wholesome content, and now I feel let down. I hope your happy!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Now, I'm EVEN MORE hyped <3

BTW, will it include the download card for the songs?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: instantreigen on Jun 08, 2021, 08:21

Hello! I am the friend hehe. I'm located in Europe so I will likely get my hands on it earlier than the US peeps, very very excited to hear it! I still can't believe I found that video!!
Hello to all the chems fans here btw :) I've been meaning to join the forum for a while now, glad to be here!
Hey there, Instantreigen, and welcome! Glad to see yet another new Chemical apprecionado on our Chemical refuge! Enjoy yourself, we've got the nicest peeps there is.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 08, 2021, 19:53

we've got the nicest peeps there is

Except for Csar, he forgets to update the live dates AND asked for K+B+D instead of K+D+B  ;)
no idea, no idea

A humiliation I apparently will have to cope with for all eternity.

— Aurora (The Seed)