Where Do I Begin?

Record Store Day 2021

Started by 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Apr 07, 2021, 17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the TDTYF single is out, which side do you prefer?

Side A: The Darkness That You Fear  
2 (13.3%)
Side B: Work Energy Principle
5 (33.3%)
They're both great tracks in their own way
7 (46.7%)
Neither
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Universal email:

Greetings chemical brothers, sisters & siblings,

We have big news from Chemical HQ and we wanted to make sure that you were the first to know.

"The Darkness That You Fear" is the brand new single from The Chemical Brothers, out this Friday April 23rd!

Will this be the new record pressed for RSD then?

Quote from: axent on Apr 19, 2021, 18:40

Universal email:

Will this be the new record pressed for RSD then?

Yes! https://umusic.digital/udbtqf/?sharetoken=

The title was revealed on the Dutch RSD site in addition to SACEM as revealed on another thread
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I think what Axent meant was: if it's out this Friday, how is it also the RSD release?

Must be a digital release ths week, and then a vinyl pressing for RSD.
Would have been more exciting if they had made it new music for RSD. But if it's out this Friday I'm not gonna defer listening to it until June...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 19, 2021, 18:54
I think what Axent meant was: if it's out this Friday, how is it also the RSD release?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Something to look forward to this week!

I wonder if this is already the first harbinger of Chem 10 or a one-off like C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L.

Perhaps RSD will have a single edit on one side and EBW version on the other. That way you, RSD will include something special/exclusive.

...until the Japanese edition of the new album comes and the bonus track is "The Darkness That You Fear (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)"

Though the 1 minute clip doesn't give me an EBW vibe. EBWs are always more clubby, dance tracks. I don't get that from this tune.

🤷‍♂️
Last Edit: Apr 19, 2021, 20:34 by neorev

I'm digging the Solar Eclipse art! Come on Friday!

Haha yeah the artwork also reminded me of a solar eclipse.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 19, 2021, 18:54

But if it's out this Friday I'm not gonna defer listening to it until June...

Yeah. I'd normally be all for holding out until the physical release but that's just too long.

Roll on Friday!

Love the artwork too. Something about it certainly feels like the beginning of a new release schedule of similar looking artwork. Chemical 10 seems like a real possibility this year!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Sounds a bit like Swoon 2.0 with Avalanches vibes

Maybe this has been mentioned in other articles that dropped today but I just read Rolling Stone:

"The Darkness That You Fear," Chemical Brothers' first new song since their 2019 LP No Geography, will be released as a Record Store Day exclusive 12-inch single on June 12th. The single features artwork by the late abstract artist Sir Terry Frost.
"The Darkness That You Fear" also marks the Chemical Brothers' first release after recently aligning with Republic Records following their decades-long tenure at Virgin. Republic Records executive Glenn Mendlinger said in a statement: "'The Darkness You Fear' marks the return of the mighty Chemical Brothers. It is a classic Chemical Brothers opus that is psychedelic, lush, and full of optimism. Tom and Ed once again prove they are pioneers of the genre with this uplifting track that is perfectly timed as the world comes out of darkness into light and color."

So that kinda solves mystery behind the Republic label on US RSD website.

RSD UK website (not just the Dutch one) now has a blurb for The Darkness That You Fear. Here.

Re the B-side they say "alongside a B side which is as yet unreleased."

I'm tempted to think it's not a remix or instrumental, but something new.

Here Come The Papal Disco Drums, anyone?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

wow, that's some optimism =]
Eight or over.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2021, 19:16

Here Come The Papal Disco Drums, anyone?

Please, don't get my hopes up, I don't want to be disapointed again :(

Quote from: neorev on May 17, 2021, 08:54

B-side: etching
:D

Well, It might be the one tbh :')
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

:-[

It has been confirmed that this release has been delayed until the July 17th drop

Quote from: whitelabel84 on May 22, 2021, 01:34

:-[

It has been confirmed that this release has been delayed until the July 17th drop

Well, the official RSD website is still showing the old date, so dunno, we'll find out soon
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?