Come With Us

Record Store Day 2021

Started by 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Apr 07, 2021, 17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the TDTYF single is out, which side do you prefer?

Side A: The Darkness That You Fear  
2 (13.3%)
Side B: Work Energy Principle
5 (33.3%)
They're both great tracks in their own way
7 (46.7%)
Neither
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

IT'S NASTY XYLOPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1402666804103847942

B-side better than A-side.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

fingers crossed that rough trade west isn't overruned on saturday and has a copy for me

edit: or i walk to ed's house, give him a birthday cake and ask for a copy
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 09, 2021, 16:42

So 91.7% of forumites were right then, with you, Wolkenkrabber, leading the pack. We can close the poll now I guess ;)

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1572.msg18608.html#msg18608

However, "better" is a pretty subjective conclusion  :P
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 09, 2021, 17:26

So 91.7% of forumites were right then, with you, Wolkenkrabber, leading the pack. We can close the poll now I guess ;)

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1572.msg18608.html#msg18608

However, "better" is a pretty subjective conclusion  :P

Imagine having a subjective opinion on music!
Next thing you know, we'll be subjectively ranking the Chems albums in order of personal preference!

Maybe, once it's out, we could have a new poll. Do you prefer the A-side or the B-side?

For me, the A-side = kids birthday party. The B-side = underground night club or a headphone odyssey.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 09, 2021, 17:35

Imagine having a subjective opinion on music!
Next thing you know, we'll be subjectively ranking the Chems albums in order of personal preference!

Maybe, once it's out, we could have a new poll. Do you prefer the A-side or the B-side?

Isn't it quite obvious, it's objective as along as it conforms with my opinion!!!!111!!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 09, 2021, 17:35

For me, the A-side = kids birthday party. The B-side = underground night club or a headphone odyssey.
I agree with you on the b-side but would stop heavily short of calling the A side a kids' birthday party song. Imo A side is a/ structured like a song, b-side is a true club track, more like an EBW (like you wanted ;) ).
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2021, 18:06 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I love you guys. Don't ever change.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Wolkenkrabber's opinons: Limburger

Bosco's and Csar's opinions: Aged Cheddar

If it's Chemical cheese I'm more likely than not like Samson
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 09, 2021, 16:42

GOT THAT EBW VIBE!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Taking into account the fact that a demo was presented in 2019, i think we can certainly expect interesting surprises.
I like that ​news!
Hi Kevin!

OH MY GOD IT'S NASTY XYLOPHONE!!!!!!
CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TRACK IS GETTING A FULL RELEASE!

Seriously I love this track so much this is like if they released Superflash as a single.
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2021, 20:50 by Stefan

I wanted to make it up for my joke with a proper rip from the Essential Mix, but UMG won't let me :(

ah! well that's good news innit

what a track
Last Edit: Jun 10, 2021, 18:08 by GLAKO-FAHN
Eight or over.

Is this an UK only record store day release or is it also going to be available in the US?

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jun 11, 2021, 17:14

Is this an UK only record store day release or is it also going to be available in the US?

It's for US too

I'm still waiting on confirmation whether the record store I'm planning on going to, received any copies of TDTYF. On their twitter feed, they posted a couple of photos of their impressive bounty they'll have available for RSD. Unfortunately, I couldn't visually spot Chems. Here's hoping there's one in the drop waiting for me tomorrow morning...

A nearby record store is doing a wish list! It's a first come first serve where you can visit their website and selecting your wishlist items for record store day by clicking on the item. Then on the morning of RSD, you'll get an email and see if your items are pulled, and then you can come and pickup your goodies at the store with your email confirmation.

It's a first of it's kind l, but it's better then standing in line.

Good luck to all who get an early copy!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I hope, that we'll get the digital release, or at least someone will share the rip :')
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 12, 2021, 02:12

I hope, that we'll get the digital release, or at least someone will share the rip :')
^This

Always kinda bummed out that RSD is only for the Vinyl enthusiasts. I'd wait in line to get a single CD.