It's the Lifestyle We're Living

The Darkness That You Fear!!!

Started by nalaknip, Apr 19, 2021, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
New song announced for Friday! YES!!!   

Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 18:04 by Csar

see Music Response threads: "Tom Rolands Sacem" and "RSD".
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh, yeah, didn't notice that. Thanks.

I felt, that they'll release the new track.

Now the question is:

Is it just a RSD single, or they are about to release the new album/ep
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

1 min preview here https://umusic.digital/udbtqf/?vvsa_consumer_id=6256923&vvsa_tracking=_vvsa_vLNMMLF6389627

nice stuff, different but familiar, nice drop
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 09:14 by Ben Glass

if you're keen, you can easily download the preview by right clicking too

Yep, we're talking about it here.  Let's rave about in here when it drops on Friday!

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 19, 2021, 20:40

I felt, that they'll release the new track.

Now the question is:

Is it just a RSD single, or they are about to release the new album/ep
Yeah, Stefan in another thread pointed out their insta message with all the albums' covers and something like "what's next?". Does sound promising, doesn't it? I mean, have they ever released a new track just for RSD in the past? Also, Ed mentioned en passant that they were working on new stuff.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 10:12 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Too many threads, don't know where to respond   :D
But I guess the song deserves it's own thread.

On Social Media, the Chems posted a short video teaser, so maybe we also get a music video? Looks very much like the style of Kate Gibb.

Quote from: Stefan on Apr 20, 2021, 12:02

Too many threads, don't know where to respond   :D
But I guess the song deserves it's own thread.

On Social Media, the Chems posted a short video teaser, so maybe we also get a music video? Looks very much like the style of Kate Gibb.
Whoa, getting goosebump just from that! Sounds so very Chemical. The melody already has been stuck in my head for a couple of hours.
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1384459999603314688

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just by listening to the preview, I think it will be AMAZING live.

Quote from: nekoland on Apr 20, 2021, 14:42

Imagine a sequence of star guitar, darkness, keep on, and no geography
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: nekoland on Apr 20, 2021, 14:42

Definitely, gonna be awesome

Quote from: Csar on Apr 20, 2021, 09:49
I mean, have they ever released a new track just for RSD in the past
Escape Velocity was released as a 12" for RSD and I thiiiink it was before Further was officially announced.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 20, 2021, 16:26

Escape Velocity was released as a 12" for RSD and I thiiiink it was before Further was officially announced.
Really? I wasn't aware they released it that way. Well, so this could hint at a new album in the near future too, no?!? There's a growing feeling of excitement rushing thru my body.
— Aurora (The Seed)

They just used it at today's Apple event! Right in the intro! AAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: And again in the outro!
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 18:00 by gpro2005
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

If that's true, the fact that Apple has their hands on it already, and utilizing it, is really interesting. I'm curious if "The Darkness That You Fear" is featured on a soundtrack of an upcoming Apple + series/movie.

Here is the Apple event

Starts at 2:38 right at the beginning (they post-edited their stream) and is extended (spoiler for the audio-erotic asphyxiationados) at the end. Brilliant, I love it.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 20:54 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I hear you, my fellow connoisseur of delayed joy! Couldn't resist this time around, though. I am happier now than I was before.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh a 42 second edit? Ok.
It certianly seems very upbeat/positive. I can see what BenJ means about the swoon similarities.

I'm guessing the Chems sent the track out to a number of media type outlets. How else did the lyrics appear online before it had officially debuted?

EDIT: Oh it's a longer 1.20 edit of the track at the end. The guitar bit near the end sounds kinda Peter Hook influenced.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 23:36 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!