Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

The Darkness That You Fear!!!

Started by nalaknip, Apr 19, 2021, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Really beautiful song! I really liked the arrangement of the electric guitar... it may be the Vox that Eddy gave Tom for his birthday haha

Just heard it, really love it.
It's exacly that type of song, that we all need in those times.
As the person with depression and anxiety, the lyrics really pierce my heart, and it's doubled by that love statement <3

Trying not to cry
Beautiful song.

It's almost like 3 days too early Bday Gift <3
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Thank you, Tom, Ed!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What a delightful song, it fits well with other NG-Era music  :)
It's bright and upbeat, a true treat in these times!

Quote from: Stefan on Apr 22, 2021, 22:42

What a delightful song, it fits well with other NG-Era music  :)

It couldn't feel more different to MAH though.
How to describe it to someoe who hasn't heard it? Light, optimistic, quirky electro-pop, perhaps.

I like it but I don't love it. It doesn't feel like an EBW in the sense that it's not quite clubby enough. I would expect it to feature in their forthcoming gigs (if they go ahead) but I'm not sure it would become an indispensible part of the live set in the long run.

Oh also, I think I like the edit as much as, if not more than the 6 minute version. My attention begins to wander a bit during the longer version. It doesn't feel like an epic journey (Escape Velocity) or a big groove (CHEMICAL) so I'm not sure that it needs to be long/extended. Four minutes might just be enough.

Nice to have new Chems though. The music fits quite well with the closing moments of the Apple video with it's sunny spring vista (not that I'm an Apple fanboy). I wouldn't be surprised if this tune ends up on some other upbeat footage/adverts at some point.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 22, 2021, 23:10

I like it but I don't love it.
You'll be loving it
Yes you will
You'll be loving iiiit
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's the perfect song for right now.  The lyrics are poetry.  It makes me long to be in a field of people who are all glowing, screaming this back at the boys. When it happens, I'll cry. 

Brilliant tune, what the worlds needs right now: Chemicals & uplifting vibes ...
Looking forward to the b-side of the RSD 12" - Remix? Extended? EBW? Another new banger?

after a couple of listens...

This should've been the last track to the No Geography album!

Otherwise the track is very good! Trying to figure out that robo singing at the end (Tom perhaps?)

That sample though....just magical, and a perfect fit for such a track.

I get some reflections from the Surrender album for some reason about this track

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm really impressed.

It's a perfect anthem for a dreamer, like myself. The way I hear this song is the way how I feel when I get caught up in the euphoric parts of daydreaming. With really no place to go for the last year+,  the only place I could escape was in dreams. So to put it bluntly, I've been dreaming quite a bit lately.

Thanks Tom and Ed for such a marvelous track.

To the forum:

The darkness that you fear will disappear,  hope to continue to see all the colors with you!

Love it!!!!
Definitely think this is Live material, maybe something to play between Saturate and No Geography (or better yet a replacement of NG as much as I like it live, theres no difference other than the train bell at the beginning)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

If this is our first missive from Chem10 it's a very promising one, if it's our requisite corporate loosie for the No Geography era then Record Store Day feels like a pretty noble cause to devote it to - also upon first full listen it's just a great track, pretty high-ranking even, playing to several Chems strengths at once and benefiting a weirdly large amount from their recent feedback loop with The Avalanches. Can't wait to see which hyperexpressive avant-garde theater person or out-of-nowhere blockbuster film star Smith & Lyall get to lipsync to it on the summer tour visuals.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Apr 23, 2021, 00:43
It makes me long to be in a field of people who are all glowing, screaming this back at the boys. When it happens, I'll cry.
So much yes!!
With the feelings and lyrics, it will be perfect for a return to live shows

I have been a bit of a voyeur for the last 5 years as i forgot all my log in details! I've kept updated through this forum just to keep track on the latest chemical bros news and also make sure everone in the community is safe & well.

I can't stop listening to the new track! it offers a ray of sunshine in this very trying time! Trust the brothers to work it!

This new track is great, and hopefully a sign of more to come!

I did notice something; their profile pictures are different now. You can see it most clearly on the YouTube page and the Spotify playlist "This Is The Chemical Brothers".

Looks like a variation of this image:
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Thanks, Krabber. Well, if that's not the cherry on top, or what!?
— Aurora (The Seed)

definately get the vibes of a new album coming out in line for there up & coming live acts.