Free Yourself

The Darkness That You Fear!!!

Started by nalaknip, Apr 19, 2021, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a wonderful bit of fantastic energy.

A light at the end of a rather long, unfortunate tunnel.

Hold tight everyone.

Video trainspotting.
The girl at 1.44 (in the Chems vid) with long curly-ish hair. I recognise her. I think she was one of "the twins" who used to dress the same. If I can find the original footage I'll post it here.
Also the footage around 1.16 (in the Chems vid) with the corrugated iron barn walls (oh it's an aircraft hangar near Ipswich) - think I've seen that before too.
Old early 90s 1989 rave footage.
EDIT: Found her(them)!  The twins from 21.35 to 23.35 below. They're funny. They might be in the same barn aircraft hangar I mentioned above.
Also the footage at 15.55 to 16.45 (dancing on the speaker truck) looks v similar to the bit at 3.42 in the Chems vid. I'm sure it's the same truck/rave.

EDIT2: The guy at 1.15 in the chems video is at 0.23 below

YT description:
From the Kinolibrary Archive Film collections. To order the clip clean and high res or to find out more visit http://www.kinolibrary.com
​. Clip ref DT4
I guess they did.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021, 14:36 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can anyone post the screens from the songs storyline on spotify?
My version didn't allow me to see it, and there's other who doesn't use the mobile version :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I love it too for the same reasons. It works really well, listened to it all day after buying it from iTunes at the stroke of midnight down here. The 6min version is great you don't even notice it goes for that long.

The break down stripped bare to the floating horns is quite therapeutic/meditative and the whole song throughout with all the sfx.

Its quite light and familiar of that manchester sound for sure. I got Here To Stay vibes from it.

That archival rave footage I used to watch from time to time a while back too. Love how its been used for a video clip of theres now!

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Anyone listened to Lauren's show? Ed did a small introducing to the track

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000v9n6
no idea, no idea

I cried while watching the video/listening to it.  Beautiful, exactly what I need right now. 

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 23, 2021, 13:08

Oh God I wish for the new album!
The article sais that a new album is confirmed, however it is not known whether TDTYF will be part of it.
Machine translation though, so no guarantee if it's correct.

This song is something else I tell ya. I love how it feels like a perfect combination of NG and the Surrender Era. Psychedelic, uplifting, and very bright for the time we are living right now. Truly spot on. The Chems are magic at this point. The new album can't come soon enough!

Typically most Chemical Brother tracks feel open for interpretation, but after watching the music video it feels like the message here is a bit on the nose. Very effective, Ruffmercy.

If this leads the way to a new album like that French article suggests, I'm a happy guy.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021, 17:24 by Bosco

Looks like I'll definitely be participating in Record Store Day this year. 

Can someone's heart explode from too much love? Because that's exactly what might happen to me the next time I see these guys live.

Sorry for asking once again,but can anyone post the screenshots from the song's spotify storyline? I can't see it with my version :/
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021, 18:11 by JRSZ
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 23, 2021, 17:57

Sorry for asking once again,but can anyone post the screenshots from the song's spotify storyline? :/

what you mean by storyline (I don't use Spotify)?... Lyrics?

Did someone spot Tom or Ed in the video somewhere?

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 23, 2021, 17:58

what you mean by storyline (I don't use Spotify)?... Lyrics?

same question here  ???
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021, 18:26 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 23, 2021, 18:07

Did someone spot Tom or Ed in the video somewhere?

same question here  ???

Naaah, there's the funny options for artists to put some interesting thing about the song alongside the lyrics, etc.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Ok, I think I know what you're talking about. Like a small blurb. Typically you see that with an album release. Well, for what it's worth, nothing on Apple Music's end.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 23, 2021, 18:26

Ed introducing TDTYF on Laurens breakfast show

https://soundcloud.com/thepumisher/the-darkness-that-you-fear
Thanks!
Bonus: your segment starts with a snippet of with "El Cielo Es De Nadie" by Ela Minus