Jerk Chicken

The Darkness That You Fear!!!

Started by nalaknip, Apr 19, 2021, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
paulfullerphoto007 on Instagram, clued us in about the origin of the artwork.

It's a piece by Terry Frost titled 'Yellow and Black Sun'

http://www.artnet.com/artists/terry-frost/yellow-and-black-sun-s9JRQSIV7siJvvCKCFMZ8A2

Edit: "Black Sun"

http://www.artnet.com/artists/terry-frost/black-sun-6IphchPsut26R9tkiPyvHA2
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 22:59 by Bosco

Apple featured a new Soulwax song, Empty Dancefloor, for the recent release of the AirPod Max. Shout out to Apple for having good taste and featuring Soulwax and The Brothers. Loving the new single so far!

Hope Apple paid a good fee, Brothers gonna work it out somehow without being able to play shows.

The Avalanches commented fire emojis on one of the song's instagram posts. Musically it's as if the Out of Control Remix they did, and this new single were made collaboratively with both bands in the room.

For those who are interested, I edited the two parts from apple's event plus the 8 sec from Twitter together into a 2 minute clip. Just give me a shout.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 20, 2021, 18:14

If that's true, the fact that Apple has their hands on it already, and utilizing it, is really interesting. I'm curious if "The Darkness That You Fear" is featured on a soundtrack of an upcoming Apple + series/movie.

that's what I was thinking too. when the track name was released, I kind of half-ass went thru movies that would be coming out soon on streaming channels and see if there was a connection. I first thought 'maybe the track would be for some horror movie or some space adventure on netflix. But when the track preview came out, I laughed because it sounds the complete opposite and feel of the track name.

I wonder though if possible which movie this track would be for on apple tv. (I doubt if any of us have it)

But then again, it's been two years since NG, and we only saw T and E and handful of times in the studio from their social medias.

I don't think it's a one-off, or an album, or some movie! I think it's something else.......BIGGER!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 20, 2021, 22:25

Oh a 42 second edit? Ok.
It certianly seems very upbeat/positive. I can see what BenJ means about the swoon similarities.

I'm guessing the Chems sent the track out to a number of media type outlets. How else did the lyrics appear online before it had officially debuted?

EDIT: Oh it's a longer 1.20 edit of the track at the end. The guitar bit near the end sounds kinda Peter Hook influenced.
Or maybe Apple asked if they had anything new to use for their keynote, and that dictated the release date for the track

Release comes with two versions:

1 The Darkness That You Fear [6:06]

2 The Darkness That You Fear (Edit) [3:58]

Source Apple Music:

Six plus minutes, yay! Hopefully there's a lot more going on than just the great hook that I played for like half an hour in the car today.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yeah, that sounds like a decent length for a song  :)

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 21, 2021, 17:42

Release comes with two versions:

1 The Darkness That You Fear [6:06]

2 The Darkness That You Fear (Edit) [3:58]

Source Apple Music:

Ok, I'm hyped to fully vibe to it for that 6 minutes
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 21, 2021, 16:20

Or maybe Apple asked if they had anything new to use for their keynote, and that dictated the release date for the track

I did notice every song played was colour themed to tie in with the keynote theme. Maybe they even commissioned some artists to create colour themed songs. Unless the others were old.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Fist listen reaction:
I love it ! The 6 minute version did not disapoint, it's a rollercoaster. The instrumental conveys really well what the lyrics are saying, with cheerful and upbeat parts taking over the calmer bits that sound melancholic, full of doubt and uncertainty. This song is exactly what we need right now, something to tell us that it's going to be allright after dark times.

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 22, 2021, 12:23

Fist listen reaction:
I love it ! The 6 minute version did not disapoint, it's a rollercoaster. The instrumental conveys really well what the lyrics are saying, with cheerful and upbeat parts taking over the calmer bits that sound melancholic, full of doubt and uncertainty. This song is exactly what we need right now, something to tell us that it's going to be allright after dark times.
So you got to listen to it in full already?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2021, 12:51

So you got to listen to it in full already?

Yes, thanks to a VPN

It's just turned midnight in Australia 12 mins ago. I wonder what country already had it. New Zealand?
Well if anyone feels like PM-ing anything, that'd be nice. Otherwise I guess I'll wait til midnight my time.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 22, 2021, 14:13

It's just turned midnight in Australia 12 mins ago. I wonder what country already had it. New Zealand?
Well if anyone feels like PM-ing anything, that'd be nice. Otherwise I guess I'll wait til midnight my time.
Yep, NZ is always the first one to have it.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1385233204785917952

@RFFMERCY tagged with this second teaser. Looks like he/she might the visual artist behind these clips (from a music video?).

11:01 PM Central time tonight, here we go!
Last Edit: Apr 22, 2021, 18:07 by Bosco

Maybe the visuals from the video will be the artwork for the RSD release!

I'm getting some vibes from BenJ's post about the rollercoaster stuff about the track. I now have a slightly higher expectation about this track that was made with so much in consideration with the covid epidemics downward spiral and the pending light at the end of the tunnel.

I got several hours to kill till I get the release over here in the states. Six minutes is more than enough, and I like that.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So yeah, including music video!
2 hours until it drops here in central Europe, I'll probably stay up.