'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

The Darkness That You Fear!!!

Started by nalaknip, Apr 19, 2021, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
thanks for putting that together, csar! doesn't quite harmonize at the end, does it?
Eight or over.

Yeah, the last couple of notes won't go together that well, but the first ones fit rather nicely and I can see why it occurred to you.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I don't have the producer ear like y'all, but was thinking maybe the underlying piano stabs could lead to Star Guitar's build.

Also, was trying to envision where this track would be used in the set list, and what would it replace.

EML Ritual into Darkness for thematic reasons
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track has grown so much on me, which shouldn't come as a surprise given how many times this has happened with their music, but it's always fascinating to experience this for a new song  :music

Quote from: Bosco on May 11, 2021, 06:31

I don't have the producer ear like y'all, but was thinking maybe the underlying piano stabs could lead to Star Guitar's build.

Also, was trying to envision where this track would be used in the set list, and what would it replace.

I have thought it would be nice in that segment of star guitar/got to keep on, whether between the songs or after keep on it would be a nice continuation of the joyous vibes both songs bring to the setlist at that point, but i'm unsure with the introduction of this track where something like no geography would go (unless they played the acapella during the song)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Can't fkn wait to hear the live version of it, I'm also curious about the visuals.
The "I'll be loving you" part would be the killer on their shows
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Posted in RSD thread, but there's the Remix coming this friday ;)
So that's proppably our b-side
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on May 25, 2021, 19:13

Posted in RSD thread, but there's the Remix coming this friday ;)
So that's proppably our b-side

Ahh. You're probably right, even though I wanted the B-side to be...something else.

I posted something by HAAi in Now Playing last year. So this might be interesting (but not very commercial, I suspect)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 25, 2021, 19:59

Ahh. You're probably right, even though I wanted the B-side to be...something else.

Well, I also wanted the second new track, but I'm okay with the remix, as usually they are really good.
Loved the NG remixes, maybe beside the KOKOKO one for Eve, not my type of thing
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

OK, heard the remix, not the best one, but also not the worst one, also, the beat around the middle sounds like the Justice's refiltered B.E.A.T.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Hm, this doesn't do much for me, tbh. I wouldn't even notice it's a remix at all.
But I'll gladly take the opportunity to once again tell you how much I love the original. A wonderful song that came at the right time for me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 27, 2021, 23:01

I wouldn't even notice it's a remix at all.
Huh??

It's actually more dancefloor-friendly than I imagined a HAAi remix would be. I expected something more ethereal from her. It feels to me like it's strictly for the dancefloor. It might work well in a DJ mix, but it doesn't feel conducive to "home listening".

When we first found out that the new track was somehow incorporating a Soul Brothers Six track, I had the idea that it would be a funky kinda Chems track with real (sampled) bass guitar and drums etc.
I think it might be nice if a remixer tried to go in that direction. But perhaps this is the only official remix we're gonna get.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 27, 2021, 23:25

Huh??

It's actually more dancefloor-friendly than I imagined a HAAi remix would be. I expected something more ethereal from her. It feels to me like it's strictly for the dancefloor. It might work well in a DJ mix, but it doesn't feel conducive to "home listening".
I never questioned the dancefloor friendliness of the track, I just don't get "remix" vibes from it as it exclusively focuses on using the vocal samples and no other aspects/ elements of the original. It's just a track that happens to have the same vocals in it here and there.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 28, 2021, 10:42

I never questioned the dancefloor friendliness of the track,

My "Huh??" and my other comments are separate. Maybe I should have done some sort of line between them, but I don't know how to do that. Unless I do this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of remixes use the vocal samples and nothing else from the original track though, don't they?
Not Chemcial, but off the top of my head, a couple of Armand Van Helden remixes spring to mind:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Oh there's an offcial visualizer video now for the HAAi remix.

PS: Is that Tom's voice at the end? I can't tell what he says.

EDIT: Oh Horizontal Rule is what I want for the line:

^ like that.
Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 14:38 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Akufen doing a remix of Not Another Drugstore, that would be sweet
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 28, 2021, 11:23

Lots of remixes use the vocal samples and nothing else from the original track though, don't they?
Not Chemcial, but off the top of my head, a couple of Armand Van Helden remixes spring to mind:
Yeah I know, but I somehow like remixes better that sort of pay tribute to its original, or let's say when you can recognize where they actually came from, you know, playing with the original's elements and themes.
This one's a little like the Popof remix of Horsepower - one can barely notice what it's actually remixing. They actually feel more like original/ standalone tracks themselves rather than remixes. I mean, we wouldn't call TDTYF a remix of the Bugaloos or Soul Brothers Six songs, right?
Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 18:16 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 28, 2021, 11:23

Lots of remixes use the vocal samples and nothing else from the original track

Well, even better example is the Nightcrawlers Push the Feeling on, which remix is basically the separate track sampling the chopped vocals

OG ONE

REMIX

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Really enjoy the remix. Sounds like a potential tech house weapon.
Never for money, always for love.