Further

Born in the Echoes: a track by track review with stock photos

Started by Ben_j, Apr 28, 2021, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been listening to Born in the Echoes today for the first time in a while, so here's my track by track review, using stock photos:

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
Spoiler

Go
Spoiler

Under Neon Lights
Spoiler

EML Ritual
Spoiler

I'll See You There
Spoiler

(I looked for "drugs", "lsd" and this one popped up. It's a little off topic but I found it hilarious)

Just Bang
Spoiler

Reflexion
Spoiler

Taste of Honey
Spoiler

Born in the Echoes
Spoiler

Radiate
Spoiler

Wide Open
Spoiler

Last Edit: Apr 28, 2021, 10:22 by Ben_j

Too funny, Ben_j!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Love the Sometimes..., Go, Under Neon Lights, EML, Just Bang, Radiate and Wide Open, but the album just lack that special something compared to the rest of their discography, and it's the only one on which tracks doesn't connect with themselves :/

Reflexion sounds like outtake from We Are the Night, I see you there is also a really nice track, but Taste of Honey.... IT'S THE WORST TRACK THEY EVER MADE ;-;
Especially when you notice, that in fact it's the cheap remix of their Collaborative track: This is not a game, which in comparison is really nice track, they really could just ommit this track...

WHO THE F THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING IT INSTEAD OF DIRECT BUKI? ;-;

Direct Buki Should end up on the main album instead of being the Bonus for Japan...

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Direct Buki should have been a proper album track and an EBW vinyl single release.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Direct Buki should've been on the album, but even with it, it would still be on the bottom of my list along with Push The Button. Push The Button and Born In The Echoes are the only Chem Bros albums I can't listen in full. I like EML Ritual and Just Bang. I think the album Born In The Echoes takes bottom place. Even though I like EML Ritual and Just Bang more than the tracks that I do like from Push The Button, I still find the songwriting and structure better on Push The Button than on Born In The Echoes. I find tracks on Born In The Echoes can meander a little, sections I would cut or reorder.

Thank god for No Geography!
Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:04 by neorev

lol'd, even though i can't agree about the final three tracks XD
Eight or over.

sticks and stones may break my bones

but if you bad mouth radiate, I fucking hate you.

Love is all

O:-)

I'm surprised you didn't put: Just bang (already)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I can't remember the BITE re-order I came up with, it's something like:

Born In The Echoes
Under Neon Lights
Go (Dub)
Just Bang
EML Ritual
SIFSD
Direct Buki
Reflexion
I'll See You There
Wide Open (Moon mix)
Radiate