Got Glint?

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 20, 2022, 03:04

Re: the two new tracks

1) The woo track doesn't have any "woos" in it. The visuals remind me of (a less saucy) Destination Calabria video. Also, does anyone else think the lyrics ("No reason to live, no reason at all") are a bit downbeat for a dance track?

2) I no longer think the vocal samples on the Dreaming track are from Loleatta Holloway's Dreamin'. I don't know what they're from. Soz.

Also, do we know how that person at Sonar kept their phone steady for an hour? It's a good vid!

The woos are still in there! Just really drowned out as per most elements will become while playing live, if you notice some of the soldiers pop up just to say WOO
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

From that video it looks as if they've gone back to a 2016 ish setup with the behind the screens lighting. Rather than having less lights that are on motors that move in position they've got a fixed grid of moving heads only.

Edit - Is there a believe sample at the end of GTKO?
Last Edit: Jun 20, 2022, 06:57 by elcomplicado

Quote from: Champiness on Jun 20, 2022, 00:38

Spoiler
that's definitely the "Here Come The Drums" melody
Wait, what? We have a melody for that tune? And there are people who aren't named Ed Simons or Tom Rowlands and have heard it?

Edit: Don't want to scroll through the complete forum, but wasn't the Woo-Tune the one we suggest to have Ellie on Vocals?
Last Edit: Jun 20, 2022, 10:33 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jun 20, 2022, 01:06

If anyone happens to rip the audio while this is still available, I'd love a dm to dl it!  ;D

Jack, please check your PMs. If anyone still needs an audio of it, just contact me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I don't see EOD in Brian's setlist, though it definitely was played (at least a short segment of it including the visuals)

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 20, 2022, 16:25

I don't see EOD in Brian's setlist, though it definitely was played (at least a short segment of it including the visuals)

The full EOD was played! With "I can't take the heartbreak" vocals in tact and...crazier lights than ever

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 20, 2022, 09:20

Wait, what? We have a melody for that tune? And there are people who aren't named Ed Simons or Tom Rowlands and have heard it?

Edit: Don't want to scroll through the complete forum, but wasn't the Woo-Tune the one we suggest to have Ellie on Vocals?

I believe Champiness is referring to this track they've played in DJ sets which has been rather elusive and missed about 2 albums by now, was last heard in that Life of Galileo play Tom scored

Sidenote this was the track people are assuming has Ellie Rowsell on vox

Quote from: hstn on Jun 20, 2022, 17:06

I believe Champiness is referring to this track they've played in DJ sets which has been rather elusive and missed about 2 albums by now, was last heard in that Life of Galileo play Tom scored

I don't get why this has not been released yet in some fashion (and Prblem/ Question, sigh...). This sounds so much better than the latest new stuff in their current set.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 20, 2022, 17:13

I don't get why this has not been released yet in some fashion (and Prblem/ Question, sigh...). This sounds so much better than the latest new stuff in their current set.

Don't forget about Superflash, those three would've been killer in an album or just any release

Sidenote, UMG has struck down the Sonar video uploaded by sonicvlue unfortunately (I do have it backed up in HD tho wink wink)

Quote from: hstn on Jun 20, 2022, 18:34

Don't forget about Superflash, those three would've been killer in an album or just any release

Sidenote, UMG has struck down the Sonar video uploaded by sonicvlue unfortunately (I do have it backed up in HD tho wink wink)

Hey there, mind dropping me a juicy link to that sonar video?  8)

Quote from: BurnerMan54 on Jun 20, 2022, 19:11

Hey there, mind dropping me a juicy link to that sonar video?  8)

BURNERMAN!! it's me mr. hoosteen!!! I'll send it to you ASAP, it's just taking a while for Google Drive to process!

Quote from: hstn on Jun 20, 2022, 19:31

BURNERMAN!! it's me mr. hoosteen!!! I'll send it to you ASAP, it's just taking a while for Google Drive to process!

Wooo Mr. Hoosteen. I haven't seen you in a long time wow, nice meeting you here :music

Quote from: BurnerMan54 on Jun 20, 2022, 19:37

Wooo Mr. Hoosteen. I haven't seen you in a long time wow, nice meeting you here :music

Great meeting you here as well!! Enjoy!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xnAOUr9mkDGHPXzLSBnwynVYtF77XWK/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: BurnerMan54 on Jun 20, 2022, 19:37

Welcome to the brotherhood!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Spoiler
Some great new variations in GO
The transition from C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L and the last part of the song are excellent!

That part with the Setting Sun vocals is also really interesting. I mean they made new visuals for that.

Spoiler
That moment in the transition from GTKO to WO, where it's suddenly quiet for a few seconds, I think that's perhaps a small mishap?

Cork gig tomorrow just got canceled rescheduled for 2023

https://twitter.com/chembros/status/1539660750255312897
Last Edit: Jun 23, 2022, 04:58 by Bosco

Spoiler
The visuals for "No Reason" are the depressed dwarfs from the Go music video after they've taken some psychedelics

Gutted for anyone going planning to go to Cork tomorrow. This show is looking doomed to happen, let's hope its 4th time for this show to go ahead in the near future.

I was trying to think back over the 27 years I have been a fan of the Chems and can't remember them actually cancelling a show outside COVID era other than the Iceland show. I'm sure it kills the band to pull this event and matters are totally out of their control.

It's a worry for the rest of the dates this weekend. But their is little point speculating and wait for an official announcement.

Life has seemed so normal this year. But ultimately things are not  normal and possible disappointment in broken plans are the new normal
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences