Would You Like to Come Inside?

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 11:03

Triple post cat killer.

I'm still thinking whether they put in something good as a replacement. Something similiar in magnitude.
Prodigy is available but for sure they just play this UK tour. Faithless doesn't exist. Underworld is playing 2 days later in Japan. Would they make it? Doubtful.
Orbital is available, but they're not capable in filling the main stage crowd imho. Fatboy Slim not availalbe. Moderat is available by they play another festival in Poland in a month. I'm sure there are some booking terms not to play another festival in such a short time interval. I checked some other electronic acts and can't see anything good happening

Does Open'er festival have that type of clout to find a comparable replacement last second?

Taking in your comments, I would just sell the tickets if you still can. Buy some Tyskie for the weekend and drown your sorrows. I agree with Wolkenkrabber in exploring the other artists like he suggested, but it sounds like you have some travel inconveniences to consider, and probably not worth it.

Quote from: peter m on Jul 01, 2022, 15:09

I had been dreaming about going to this concert for 20 years. For me, this is a very great event. I broke down because I was getting very close to my dream. I am unlucky that the concert was canceled once again.

I don't know when I will be able to see this event. I don't have adequate finances to be able to go, for example, to Italy or England. . I hope that someday I will be able to make my dream come true.

Hoping whenever The Chemical Brothers return to Poland you'll be able to attend. So sorry for this unfortunate outcome.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 01, 2022, 18:15
Does Open'er festival have that type of clout to find a comparable replacement last second?

I have sold the tickets for 30% less couple of hours ago. I'm happy I did recover at least some of the money.
The replacement they got is... Peggy Gou. Yikes
I think it's more of a problem who's available in such a short notice.
I prefer better beers than Tyskie :)
Btw Open'er is at this moment being evacuated because of potential storm incoming
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I understand Kosek's pain and worries.
In January, I was still frivolously planning to go to a Rock in Roma.
But fate decided otherwise...
But it's not about that, of course. I wish Tom, Ed and their team good health and speedy recovery! 🙏
Hi Kevin!

I had been dreaming about going to this concert for 20 years. For me, this is a very great event. I broke down because I was getting very close to my dream. I am unlucky that the concert was canceled once again.

20 years? They've been like 4 times already here. Where have you been?
Honestly? Going abroad on their full show with encore is something else.
Much better experience. You can get a cheap ass Wizzair flight for as much as 50 euro both ways.
You get some cheap airbnb. Tickets to the show. If you're on a budget you can dine yourself in Lidl, Carrefour, Auchan or whatever. Baguettes, cheese :) You'll see some world, you have a better gig. It's not that much really. Unless you're close to Open'er, then yeah, the difference in price will be significant.

I would urge everybody to travel and see the full show. Barcelona and Paris gigs with couple of days of sightseeing were one of my best trips.
I have bigger budgets at this point in life, but I used to do this the cheap way

By the way as CHems are touring next summer, I'm almost 100% sure they will be at Open'er.
Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022, 18:41 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

By the way, the first time I saw the Chems live, it was in Poland, at festival in Warsaw. Lovely memories, and good times.
Yes, there was a very strange attitude of people aged 50+ towards me as a Russian, but the young people reacted very good-naturedly and some even knew Russian language very well, that even shocked me these days.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 10:40

I wake up 6-7AM to work. It was a hustle I could take for the Chems but anything else? I don't know.

Working on a Sunday in a good Catholic country like Poland? What the heck?
[In truth, this is none of my business and I shouldn't really be questioning you.]

I had been dreaming about going to this concert for 20 years. For me, this is a very great event.

Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 18:34

20 years? They've been like 4 times already here. Where have you been?

This might not be our business either. Let's not have a go at the N00b; he mightn't come back.

Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 18:25

The replacement they got is... Peggy Gou. Yikes

Peggy Poo, more like.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 01, 2022, 20:09
This might not be our business either. Let's not have a go at the N00b; he mightn't come back.

Hmmmm yeah I might have phrased myself badly. I meant that he missed them the past 20 years, even though they were close. But money could have been involved. Sorry. I'm almost 100% sure they will come back next year. No worries.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 01, 2022, 20:09
Working on a Sunday in a good Catholic country like Poland? What the heck?
[In truth, this is none of my business and I shouldn't really be questioning you.]

Not at all. I'm a dev freelancer. But in summer months I need to maintain a summer business which takes most of my time. Combine it with developing and also trying to run/expand some SaaS projects and I'm done almost 24/7. Hard Times. I have found time for the Chems show tho :) Only because it's not far away. I have missed them 2015 Warsaw and 2016 Cracow exactly because it was in summer and too far
Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022, 22:12 by kosek

Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 21:53

Hmmmm yeah I might have phrased myself badly. I meant that he missed them the past 20 years, even though they were close. But money could have been involved. Sorry. I'm almost 100% sure they will come back next year. No worries.

Not at all. I'm a dev freelancer. But in summer months I need to maintain a summer business which takes most of my time. Combine it with developing and also trying to run/expand some SaaS projects and I'm done almost 24/7. Hard Times. I have found time for the Chems show tho :) Only because it's not far away. I have missed them 2015 Warsaw and 2016 Cracow exactly because it was in summer and too far

I don't know how to call it. There was always an obstacle in my way that I couldn't make it to the concert. A year ago, the concert was canceled due to a pandemic. In 2015, two days before the concert, my father died. Before that, I didn't have the funds. Will I go to a concert next year? I don't know, I'm afraid to plan ....

Quote from: peter m on Jul 04, 2022, 15:46
Will I go to a concert next year? I don't know, I'm afraid to plan ....

Damn :(
Don't plan, just let it flow :)

I'm 99% sure they will come to Gdynia next year. Open'er would shoot themselves in the foot if they didn't book them

Spoiler
THE RETURN OF THE REEL AFTER 3 YEARS
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Spoiler
Huh, that's rare for a festival in recent times.
Since 2011 I remember only two other festival shows that got treated with an encore/The Reel: Apple Music Festival 2015 in London and a festival in 2015 in Italy, don't remember which one (or it might've been the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland, I'm really not sure at the top of my head.   

Quote from: hstn on Jul 07, 2022, 23:50

Spoiler
THE RETURN OF THE REEL AFTER 3 YEARS

Spoiler
Kinda browsing Insta, doesn't look like they played anything before sadly. Was kinda hoping for a Hold Tight Bologna/The Darkness that you fear.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Spoiler
TPPR is just spectacular. I know it hasn't changed for the past 7+ years, but footage has gotten a lot crisper and it's simply is the best visually designed part of the show. It's too bad it's reserved as encore, I suppose that adds to its mystique.

Semi full footage in Rock in Roma, Finally Star Guitar/Swoon in it's full.
EDIT: I stand corrected.
Spoiler

no Track before the Reel, they jump straight into it. so sadly no Hold Tight London/TDTYF  :'( Y U No Work Emoji?
but they did run the vocals in vocoder, so we have those. :)
Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022, 20:12 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 13, 2022, 16:42
Finally Star Guitar/Swoon in it's full.
Unfortunately, no. The video is edited in two places in this sequence.
But! You can still notice that Swoon has a completely different arrangement now. And i like it.
Hi Kevin!

It does seem like Swoon comes in super abruptly. Just seems like a difficult tune to put into the set fluidly.

I can confirm this is not edited, it's how Swoon comes in.

I did a few videos at Suikerrock, including all of No Reason. Sadly, the sound is super saturated. I might edit the Rock in Roma sound on it, since it's pretty clean

Spoiler

Swoon at time stamp 53:35 sounds super weird... Like something EDM artists would do... Same goes for the weird choice for Wide Opens's intro and this new tune after MAH.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hm, I really like the new intro to Wide Open and also No Reason, wouldn've crossed my mind to compare it to EDM, which I can't stand.

But that transition beween Star Guitar and Swoon really needs some work.

Quote from: Csar on Aug 01, 2022, 18:58
(..) sounds super weird... Like something EDM artists would do... Same goes for (..) this new tune after MAH.

Hey, are you ok?