Surrender to the Void

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Jun 15, 2022, 01:57

Hmmm, kinda forgot that 2021 had some changes to the set that I wasn't too thrilled about. But I'm willing to live with them if Hoops/Get Up On It Like This/DYOH, is still there!

Tom told me they gonna kick off with these:

• Brothers Gonna Work It Out (sample)
  • Dust-Up Beats
  • Loops Of Fury / The Best Part Of Breaking Up
  • Get Yourself High
no idea, no idea

If we're gonna be students of history here then tomorrow's set will most likely follow the template of 2018, right - three or four new songs that got tested out in recent DJ sets now fully kitted-up to Smith+Lyall visual standards, with the outline of their most recent setlist memory-foam-engulfing those songs in anticipation of a new album they can put a little more effort into theming things around this time come 2023 (+ one song they haven't played live in awhile to get the folks on here talking - staking a claim to "Don't Stop The Rock" on the offchance that I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and triumphantly link back to this post). The hope is they do a good job of that! If nothing else that clip of them equipment testing "Under The Influence (Mix Where We Bring The Giant Toy Robots Out)" sounded like a somewhat interesting update of "Under The Influence (Mix Where We Bring The Giant Toy Robots Out)".
Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022, 07:51 by Champiness
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

So...today's the big day! No Geography Tour 2.0!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Champiness on Jun 15, 2022, 07:43

If we're gonna be students of history here then tomorrow's set will most likely follow the template of 2018, right - three or four new songs that got tested out in recent DJ sets now fully kitted-up to Smith+Lyall visual standards, with the outline of their most recent setlist memory-foam-engulfing those songs in anticipation of a new album they can put a little more effort into theming things around this time come 2023 (+ one song they haven't played live in awhile to get the folks on here talking - staking a claim to "Don't Stop The Rock" on the offchance that I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and triumphantly link back to this post). The hope is they do a good job of that! If nothing else that clip of them equipment testing "Under The Influence (Mix Where We Bring The Giant Toy Robots Out)" sounded like a somewhat interesting update of "Under The Influence (Mix Where We Bring The Giant Toy Robots Out)".

Anticipating 3-4 new tracks is pretty optimistic regardless of the template from 2018. I think what we called the "woo track" and now "No Reason", will emerge its head again. Other than that, I'm thinking we are too far away from a lump of new song debuts.

Instead, I think there is more emphasis to celebrate 25 years of DYOH. I like your prediction of "Don't Stop The Rock", but maybe they fully bring TPPR back into the set and not just as an encore?

I also feel like they need to try a new opener, "Eve of Destruction" would be optimal, but the existing visuals are perhaps too cinematic to throw at the crowd right away.

We'll know soon.

Edit: They retweeted someone who suggested they could make a surprise DJ appearance at Glastonbury, if this comes to fruition, maybe newer material is closer around the corner than I originally thought.
Last Edit: Jun 16, 2022, 17:32 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 16, 2022, 17:00

Anticipating 3-4 new tracks is pretty optimistic regardless of the template from 2018. I think what we called the "woo track" and now "No Reason", will emerge its head again. Other than that, I'm thinking we are too far away from a lump of new song debuts.

Instead, I think there is more emphasis to celebrate 25 years of DYOH. I like your prediction of "Don't Stop The Rock", but maybe they fully bring TPPR back into the set and not just as an encore?

I also feel like they need to try a new opener, "Eve of Destruction" would be optimal, but the existing visuals are perhaps too cinematic to throw at the crowd right away.

We'll know soon.

Edit: They retweeted someone who suggested they could make a surprise DJ appearance at Glastonbury, if this comes to fruition, maybe newer material is closer around the corner than I originally thought.

I feel like Hoops might be brought back from the dead based on the labels on the Future Retro in that rehearsal video, the stickers didn't seem to be on there before and only showed Under The Influence and DYOH
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Debut K-Hole, or bring Where Do I Beging live and I'll be happy for the DYOH thingy.

Also, I feel, that we might expect the It Doesn't Matter during the EBW section, or at least the vocal samples of it
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Please surprise us with tracks you've never played before and throw in some that only got a very brief live-life in the past. I think I've heard Out of Control too many times.
I also would love if you could give us another iTunes Festival moment where you tweak the shit out of the setlist and songs. I'll never forget how you magically transformed Snow/Surface to Air and Escape Velocity in your encore.

Btw, Galaxy Bounce 93-03 version needs a serious live debut!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 15, 2022, 06:32

Tom told me they gonna kick off with these:

• Brothers Gonna Work It Out (sample)
  • Dust-Up Beats
  • Loops Of Fury / The Best Part Of Breaking Up
  • Get Yourself High
god I wish, throw in either prescription beats or Morning lemon before Get yourself high and thats a perfect opening
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I searched instagram a little bit, so far I've spotted:

Go
HBHG
Block Rocking Beats
MAH
Eve Of Destruction

Definitely EV visuals. The balloons look yellow/orange/pink/red, while for Saturate they were yellow/green, so it's not just ballons leftover from a previous song.

Oh, looks like it. Good spot Stefan.

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 17, 2022, 13:26

https://www.instagram.com/stories/thesitamurcia/2862441743031777814/

Two short clips of Dreaming
So Stefan Clips (1,2,3) is being re-named Dreaming now is it?

I think I might know where they've sampled that vocal from.
Following on from my Class Action "Weekend" sample-spot for Eve of Destruction, I think I have this Dreamin sample figured out too. A voice many of you will know if you're familiar with Black Box's Ride on Time (ConnorSuper may remember dicussion of this vocalist too, re: Burnin'Up which was in a Black/Blessed Madonna DJ set, supporting the Chems).
I think they've sampled Loleatta Holloway - Dreamin'.

Mind you I can't quite provide a time stamp. Maybe someone else can figure out the exact bit. It could be several places. Maybe somewhere around 1:30-ish?...

[ps I think Stefan's last two posts were on either side of this post but then I deleted my post before re-posting it for, eh...reasons]
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022, 15:50 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

That insta clip from that story sounds like
'and I'm gonna go dreamin'

I think Wolken has got something with Loletta Holloway vid though. It's pretty close.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Trying to put together a setlist for this one is absolutely frustrating right now! I suppose we'll have to wait till Sonar for more answers but I have a suspicion
Spoiler
they might have made Block Rockin Beats the intro?

Just...so many questions
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Spoiler
They've had BRB as closing song for so long that it seems strange it's spot was switched.
However, it's DYOH 25 anniversary and BRB is the opening song there, so it would kinda make sense?

I wonder what caused your suspicion? I've only seen short clips of BRB where it is impossible to guess its place in the setlist.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 17, 2022, 17:12

That insta clip from that story sounds like
'and I'm gonna go dreamin'

I think Wolken has got something with Loletta Holloway vid though. It's pretty close.
I hear "I feel like I'm dreaming"
The source of the sample seems plausible. Good find Wolkenkrabber!