Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Nov 26, 2021, 22:08
It's a once in a lifetime chance to perform their Numbers-All Rights Reversed crossover together with them!!! How cool would it be if Kraftwerk would casually walk on stage for that moment and then just leave like that.
HAHA this would be the best, always loved that segment and them being there for it would be awesome. 
Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 25, 2022, 14:32
Hearing rumors that The Chems are coming to San Francisco in September.
Oh goodness, I'm praying... every time I see a new post  announcing a new show I read the caption with the slightest hope of it saying "Hold Tight Philadelphia!" or at least some U.S. state, and even if it's SF I'm going to try my hardest to go.  Fingers crossed...
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Article about forthcoming Castle Howard show and fresh quotes from Tom

Also, a lot more confirmation about working on new material:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/chemical-brothers-we-always-want-that-freak-out-moment-3660797
Last Edit: Apr 21, 2022, 18:37 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 21, 2022, 18:32
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/chemical-brothers-we-always-want-that-freak-out-moment-3660797
The mention that is in fact so, so much chems material we haven't heard... man, I hope they continue to release more and more. 
Quote from: Champiness on Apr 25, 2022, 18:32
Nice of Tom to essentially just come out and say "Smith+Lyall are filming the Gecko Theatre troupe gesticulating wildly to the Woo Track as we speak"
Mere text alone cannot express how funny and amazing this is.  I can only hope that is the case. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Chems are going to be playing live at the Portola Festival San Francisco (Topic link) on September 25th.

Click on image for more information

Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:23 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The show in Cork, Ireland, has been rescheduled to June 23rd

soooo I am now planning to be in Turkey starting Jun 27th or 28th and I am very tempted to stop in northern england on my way over. I hear there is a nice castle there?

Quote from: shakermaker on May 21, 2022, 05:39

soooo I am now planning to be in Turkey starting Jun 27th or 28th and I am very tempted to stop in northern england on my way over. I hear there is a nice castle there?

Well, you came to the right place if you want encouragement! I'd imagine you'd easily get an encore.

I'm kinda secretly hoping they might announce something about streaming and or taping of that concert.

I just thought, Midnight Madness is a full single BTW, why not to play it live again. Forgotten emerald.
P.S. Unfortunately, no gigs of Chems for me this year, and maybe more and more years...
Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 23:23 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Denver? What the hell? They haven't been their since 2007! Nice find pooter!

If there's no other Cali dates, this might be do-able!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Explud on May 28, 2022, 23:13

P.S. Unfortunately, no gigs of Chems for me this year, and maybe more and more years...

Yeah, this has to be a bit disheartening for Russian fans. I don't even know, are residents allowed to leave the country at this point?

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 31, 2022, 17:12

Denver? What the hell? They haven't been their since 2007! Nice find pooter!

They last played Denver in 2010 for Further tour

Mods, can we push posts about Denver gig to new thread like San Francisco gig? Thanks
Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 19:28 by Bosco

Welp, looks like that's all we are going to get in the USA :-(

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1534547072267042817
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2023, 11:53 by Explud

^ If that's true to form, I like the theory out there that maybe Portola festival is AEG/Goldenvoice courting The Chems before their long and unexpected return to Coachella 2023.

Should be noted Denver 1stBank Center is an AEG venue, too.

Pissed off, as I couldn't be able to attend the Opener gig for various reasons, from the need of going there alone to the payment itself...
Fck...
But maybe it will change, I hope :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

So only 2 options for the states?  Like the rest of the country nowhere near San Fran or Denver can like magically get there?

Ugh.

I am still seriously considering flying from Cincinnati to Denver for this, which is 8 days before driving to see Avalanches live at Metro.  Bon Voyage savings.  :/

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 10, 2022, 02:50

So only 2 options for the states?  Like the rest of the country nowhere near San Fran or Denver can like magically get there?

Ugh.

I am still seriously considering flying from Cincinnati to Denver for this, which is 8 days before driving to see Avalanches live at Metro.  Bon Voyage savings.  :/

Don't look at it that way. Consider it money that you would have spent in Chicago had they done the midwest right by visiting during the 2019 'No Geography' tour. If anything, the weekend date in Denver is pretty ideal, and you can't beat the potential of a stand-alone gig (encore). At least that's my attitude right now.

Take it while you can, forecasting U.S. Chems gigs is a cruel game.

'cause the rocky mountain way is better than the way we had

Last Edit: Jun 10, 2022, 07:22 by Bosco

Intense rehearsals completed. Brand new intense show. We're ready for the summer, see you in a field soon.

!!!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=592891088867198&id=100044389360795

Hmmm, kinda forgot that 2021 had some changes to the set that I wasn't too thrilled about. But I'm willing to live with them if Hoops/Get Up On It Like This/DYOH, is still there!