Further

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jun 22, 2022, 18:25

Gutted for anyone going planning to go to Cork tomorrow. This show is looking doomed to happen, let's hope its 4th time for this show to go ahead in the near future.

I was trying to think back over the 27 years I have been a fan of the Chems and can't remember them actually cancelling a show outside COVID era other than the Iceland show. I'm sure it kills the band to pull this event and matters are totally out of their control.

It's a worry for the rest of the dates this weekend. But their is little point speculating and wait for an official announcement.

Life has seemed so normal this year. But ultimately things are not  normal and possible disappointment in broken plans are the new normal

Really great post.

For those showing their arse on social media, put a cork in it.

wow you're not kidding about the social media complainers. I empathize with the disappointment and the sunk travel costs (particularly as I wonder about the fate of Sundays gig, having just finalized my plans to go). but the inability of people to grasp how a crew member falling sick could impact a live concert and not a DJ set is a little dumbfounding.

It's disappointing for people, I get it, I've been there. But it's just the way of the world how so many people just can't seem to understand that a situation isn't black and white. So many people being like 'HOW CAN YOU PLAY GLASTO' and it's like, 1) they haven't yet, 2) it's a DJ set not a full stage crew and production, 3) the rules in the UK are different to Ireland, positive tests in Ireland still require full isolation.

See they've pulled out of the Glastonbury appearance

We are very sorry to announce that we won't be DJing at Arcadia this evening at Glastonbury.
We were so excited to be back in the fields and to celebrate the return of the festival, as we were to be playing in Cork on Thursday night. We were hoping that more days rest would allow Tom to recover from Covid this hasn't so far been the case.
We are hoping that Tom will recover in time to play the scheduled Castle Howard show in York on Sunday and will update with progress as soon as possible via our socials.
We share the disappointment and frustration at not being able to do what we do with all of you.
Love Is All
Tom & Ed
#chemicalbrotherslive
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

No no, they must hate the Irish, you don't understand!
So many people not getting the whole picture and acting like it was a personal slight. Well this should shut them up.
A big pity though :(

No!

Protect Lyall and Smith, Frank, Studio Cat, sanitize all the gear,etc!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Mega ouch. Sorry my Polish peeps!

Please take care of yourself Chems crew! Hoping for speedy recovery, and whatnot...

Don't even touch me.
Don't even touch the air around me.
I can't even return tickets because the festival goes on.
>:(
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Oh no, I'm so sorry kosek!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

wow. so sorry kosek and others that were planning to catch them there.

maybe they should have cancelled Castle Howard after all.

hope everyone makes a healthy recovery.

See now I always waited until last minute when buying such festival gigs.
Exactly because of such cancelling events.
But I was getting anxious 3 weeks ago because Friday tickets sold out.
Chems were suppose to be on Saturday. So afraid of tickets being sold out I have bought them.
And now I have 2 useless toilet paper sheets 75 euro each.

I'm not pissed off that I'm not going to see the Chems. Because I am going to see them either this year or the next one.
What pisses me off is that I have two worthless tickets.
I'm torn between just losing the money for tickets or actually going there, spending more money and watching gigs I have no interest in.

Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022, 08:24 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Oh no. Kosek. I can feel the pain.

Are festival tickets personalized these days and re-selling them at face value is not an option any longer?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: kosek on Jul 01, 2022, 07:53

I'm torn between just losing the money for tickets or actually going there, spending more money and watching gigs I have no interest in.

First gig I went to in 3 years was last month - a lttle mini festival called Wide Awake.
I got last minute tickets slightly below face value from Twickets - a 100% legit ticket resale site where sellers can't charge more than face value (+ a small Twickets fee). Adele has previously made them her "official" ticket resale partner when she was playing gigs at Wembley Stadium.
There's also Stubhub (an ebay offshoot for tickets) and good old GumTree. Are any of these a possibility in Poland?

Failing that, if you go to Op'ener, then Cigarettes After Sex are a pretty good alternative/indie band on the Tent stage at 21:00. Cate Le Bon (collaborated with the Chems on BITE) is on the Alter stage beforehand at 20:30, and Seasick Steve at 19:00 plays a sort of one-man country blues style that has seen Glastonbury rocking in years gone by. Oh and at midnight, Boys Noize plays (DJs?) at the Beat Stage (more Chemical connections - as he has been remixed by the Chems and also done a remix of the Chems)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Jul 01, 2022, 09:51

Oh no. Kosek. I can feel the pain.

Are festival tickets personalized these days and re-selling them at face value is not an option any longer?

They're not named. I'm willing to sell them even for 30% off.
I will get back some money at least. Currently there's nobody who wants to buy them.
According to TOS you can sell them unless you're doing it massively for profit.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 01, 2022, 10:12
Failing that, if you go to Op'ener (...)

Thanks for the writeup man. I have analysed the lineup for that day. The thing is I am a strictly electronic music guy who osccilates mostly in the techno, deep house, ambient area. I do not listen these days to any rock/indie/hip hop stuff.

I need to take a 2 hour drive each way. Can't drink. I'll be back home somewhere at 4-5 AM.
I wake up 6-7AM to work. It was a hustle I could take for the Chems but anything else? I don't know.
The beat stage is kinda fun. I don't listen to Boys Noize these days, but I could take a lookski.
Still it's not worth the price.
I actually right now have found a buyer for 30% off. I will probably sell.

Triple post cat killer.

I'm still thinking whether they put in something good as a replacement. Something similiar in magnitude.
Prodigy is available but for sure they just play this UK tour. Faithless doesn't exist. Underworld is playing 2 days later in Japan. Would they make it? Doubtful.
Orbital is available, but they're not capable in filling the main stage crowd imho. Fatboy Slim not availalbe. Moderat is available by they play another festival in Poland in a month. I'm sure there are some booking terms not to play another festival in such a short time interval. I checked some other electronic acts and can't see anything good happening

Hello,

First of all, I wish Ed and The Chemical Brothers a speedy recovery. I must admit that it hurt me a lot about the canceled concert at Opener in Gdynia.

I had been dreaming about going to this concert for 20 years. For me, this is a very great event. I broke down because I was getting very close to my dream. I am unlucky that the concert was canceled once again.

I don't know when I will be able to see this event. I don't have adequate finances to be able to go, for example, to Italy or England. . I hope that someday I will be able to make my dream come true.

By the way, I would like to know if I can apply for a job as a technical worker in the assembly of stage equipment? I will be very grateful for any reply.

Best Regards, Peter