I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

An album inspired by "Believe" from Push The Button which also features a cover

Started by TheNephilimNovel, Jun 20, 2021, 04:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey folks! New to the forums. I'm surprised to see old skool forums like this are still around, I assumed everything moved over to Reddit.

Anyways, I practically grew up on The Chemical Brothers. Actually, one of the first albums I ever bought from them was a vinyl version of Push The Button. I had some POS all-in-one turntable and phono amp that bumped tunes like a PC speaker in a tin can, but that didn't stop me from spinning that record a lot.
It's no surprise that actually their music has been a huge inspiration for my own music, along with a dash of Combichrist, Massive Attack, The Gathering, and a touch of Iron & Wine.
One of the things I had wanted to do for YEARS was to do a cover of "Believe" from Push the Button in my own unique style. After finishing my previous album, I wasted no time before starting my cover of Believe. Originally it was just gonna be a 1-off single, but my singer Greg and I both liked how it turned out so much that we decided to start working on my next album. That was a year and a half ago.
Finally, after all that time, the album released this month and...well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty desperate for some listeners. I'm very small time, barely cracking 100 listens.
Give it a listen. The first song of the album is my cover of Believe, while the other tracks are original works. And even though Believe is a cover, it's intensely different, using lots of fun time changes, jumping between 4/4 and 9/8 time. The whole album - whether good or bad - I can promise you, it's like nothing you have ever heard before.
Give it a listen, the full lyric video for the whole album is here:

And if you like it, you can download it here:
https://nephilimnovel.bandcamp.com/album/believe
I hope you guys enjoy it, I hope the Chemical Brothers enjoy it because I paid you guys for the license  :)) and I look forward to whatever music comes next.