Music That Triggers Some Kind of Response

Wide Open

Started by Enjoyed, Aug 17, 2015, 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic
I want to cuddle up with this song for the rest of forever.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Same here! Don't know about the cuddling though.... but this song keeps giving me goosebumps every time the second baseline after the build-up comes in... just brilliantly brilliant....

I just want to stay friends with that song.

It's too short. That's what it is. It cuts right off when it actually peaks.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm assuming this will be their 3rd single? Direct Buki as a B-side. What is a b-side anymore anyway?

The only way Direct Buki is making it as a B-Side to Wide Open is if it gets renamed to NSFW
Spoiler
Direct Bukake
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 22, 2015, 04:54

The only way Direct Buki is making it as a B-Side to Wide Open is if it gets renamed to NSFW
Spoiler
Direct Bukake

Bwaha! I... I can't believe... You went there. You totally went there.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I've since accepted the fact that this simple but effective song for what it is and really like it now. the build up and anticipation that something is about to happen towards the end when Beck even stops singing sentences and lets that monster bass synth roam free. The song gently puts you back where you were after the whole album.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I can't help lately finding myself getting the urge to listen to Wide Open over and over again - especially in the night time. And when the track ends, invisible forces compel me to play Radiate right after it. It's weird. But I obey. Every time.
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2015, 12:44 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 10, 2015, 09:53

I can't help lately finding myself getting the urge to listen to Wide Open over and over again - especially in the night time. And when the track ends, invisible forces compel me to play Radiate right after it. It's weird. But I obey. Every time.
Funny. I've been doing the same thing, but pairing it with the Beatles 'A Day in the Life'. No idea why it occurred to me to play them together
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Csar on Oct 10, 2015, 09:53

I do that too! They somehow complement each other really well.  :music
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

make nice promises     ;)

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

I reckon this is the next single or "track-to-promote-the-album".
It's just been added to the BBC 6 MUSIC PLAYLIST (A List section).
Last Edit: Nov 11, 2015, 08:52 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

:music good choice!
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

:music

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Nov 28, 2015, 20:01

:music

Lets see for how long it'll stay online...
At first I thought it was kind of boring but in the end I really liked the message.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Haha! Funny, this video is shot in Amsterdam. In the same metro/subway I take sometimes  to get to the Central Station in Amsterdam  :D

I found video quite interesting but sad, in contrast to song which is lovely and instant evergreen for me, love it!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

That's fantastic!
Never for money, always for love.

Not long now til we get to compare it with the official video.  I hope it's a s good as Deserted.
IT'S MORNING TIME!