Did I Pass the Acid Test?

Wide Open

Started by Enjoyed, Aug 17, 2015, 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Video coming soon. Why would you want to release it at the same time as you release all the remixes? That would be far too straightforward.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/690549771279306756
IT'S MORNING TIME!

wow    :)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

the anticipation is titillating!

^That was the Under Neon Lights release
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she breaks into contemporary dance kill me. SIA seems to have had an influence on some artists's film clips lately.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

So, the video will premiere tomorrow. I wonder if there's any connection to the announcement of the London gig.

Please, let there be no edit cut of it!
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 11:47 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here we are:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Dom & Nic are back :) And so is the Tom & Ed cameo

Dom&nic's vision was to merge the mechanical and organic, having been inspired by procedural cellular structures; their VFX Team created a full CG model of the dancer, Sonoya Mizuno, comprising of 107 individual anatomic rigs, as well as bespoke tools to allow the seamless transformation which happens during the dance.
From Pitchfork (press release)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Grrr, we Germans always have to work our way round to get to see the vids, grrr.

Loving the video, wished they'd used the music's sound effects to build upon with their vfx, though. What's with the edited pitched sound at 3:31, why did they loop it?

Finally a cameo again.

Btw, totally missed that the dancer was in Ex-Machina too.
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 16:19 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The mirror part at 3:33 is a bit mindfuck

someone noticed a poster     ;D

0.02 sec.

2.05      2.46

Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 18:51 by wrclaguna
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

I'm guessing that the green "Go" sign isn't a coincidence.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We need a making of video ! I'm really curious to see how they did it, how they tracked the body, etc

Not their best, but a decent video. Love the mirror moment, I think they should've played a bit more with that.

I tracked the body with my eyes
8)
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm I the only one who thought she was gonna take the rest of her clothes off at the end?

Ha! I missed it! It took me 2 views to see the bros cameo!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

i do like it
no idea, no idea

I didn't mind it. Suits the track. Captures the loneliness and mood of the track etc. Will no doubt watch it more than once to pick up more of the visual clues. It reminded me of the Bjork Hunter  film clip below as well the SIA clips. (It is the actor from Ex Machina which is cool). Its great they got Dom and Nic on board again and incorporate those visual tributes in the background, keep the legacy alive.

Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 22:34 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...