Hey Girl

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted video

Started by Ben_j, Aug 17, 2015, 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of nowhere, a new proper video for SIFSD

Wow.

That is some Tetsuo level darkness going on there. I am massively impressed.

Who directed it? I can't find any information on it.
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 14:31 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's weird, but it's a bit too empty and too short. At least it's better than the video for Go I guess  :))

A postapocalyptic Sci-Fi/Horror short film as a Chems video, who would've expected that.
I like it  ;D

What the hell i just watched?
Hi Kevin!

video really departure     O:-)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

This video is perfectly open-ended. And dear God it's a fantastic fit to the song. Her screaming synced with the synth squelches. The uncomfortable darkness of it all (for me) matches the simply dirty and minimal, teasing drive of the tune. The video leaves you wanting more answers as much as the song leaves you wanting another drop or a bigger beat.

This might actually be one of their best videos of all time. Groundbreaking.

FAN THEORY: The people in the truck are the "good guys", and the injured machine woman and man are the antagonists. The woman/man are violent experiments-gone-wrong, maybe engineered super soldiers that turned against their designers, killing nearly all of them and destroying the hidden desert research base where they were created in the process. The ragtag team in the van is a mix of scientists and security detail for the research base, who survived their initial escape. They may be the only ones alive who know about the danger the machine people pose. They did their best to destroy them all but failed to eliminate these two. They're combing the desert, trying to hunt them down and kill them before they wreak havoc on the rest of the humanity in revenge for turning them into an abomination.
Never for money, always for love.

And Tame Impala just released a video for Let It Happen, today too. Do they have the same marketing plan or what ?  ;D

Whoa.  That was weird.  A good weird, but weird. 

Why the fuck are we Germans always left out???!!! I always have to do a workaround to watch those videos, damn GEMA!

Edith:

What did I just watch?  :o
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 16:32 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

3.14-3.30 min   perfect    :)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Da Fuq was that??  :o

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 17, 2015, 15:13

This might actually be one of their best videos of all time. Groundbreaking.
Agreed. (I'm getting some Mad Max feels from this.)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 17, 2015, 15:13

FAN THEORY: The people in the truck are the "good guys",
Don't agree. Van guys look bad to me. But you may be right about them dealing with experimental creatures manufactured by humans. Oily woman has my heart (but she can't have my legs!).

Makes me think of recent uk Channel 4 series "Humans" . About AI "synths" some of whom have feelings/memories, and how they are treated by actual humans. Some treat them badly, others don't.  Dilemmas/morals n stuff...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 17, 2015, 14:38

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's weird, but it's a bit too empty and too short. At least it's better than the video for Go I guess  :))
Empty as in 'deserted'? In a desert?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I wonder what is next. An Under Neon Lights video about a zombie pondering over social paradigms of having no husband nor wife and eventually considering suicide?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 17, 2015, 16:48

Directed by Ninian Doff
http://niniandoff.com/
Oh she's the one who did that Royal Blood "Figure It  Out "video. Nuff said!
IT'S MORNING TIME!