How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Live 2021/2022 expectations

Started by hstn, Jul 01, 2021, 00:35

Previous topic - Next topic
If someone will find something, then pls share.

There are just few recordingsz and they are the standard HBHG postings :')
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I'm not saying this is complete, but:
Setlist FM

Certainly some movement in the order of the tracks.

No cool segue between
Spoiler
GTKO and HBHG then.
And starting the gig with yesterday's track 1 is a surprise, I think.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

A forumite who went to the show said TDTYF was played about 2/3 into the set. He send me some clips and visuals are of course straight from the video.

OOC is a big surprise!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 25, 2021, 19:22

He send me some clips and visuals are of course straight from the video.

Can you please send them here??
Insomnia.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 25, 2021, 19:22

A forumite who went to the show said TDTYF was played about 2/3 into the set. He send me some clips and visuals are of course straight from the video.

OOC is a big surprise!

I found clips that show the Do It Again portion, and it's just with the regular blue visuals from 2015 but a VERY interesting mix, looks like they revamped the Dissolve ones for the rest though? They also tacked on the Bango interlude to DYOH in another set of clips (all from an IG story tho)
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2021, 19:54 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 25, 2021, 19:20

https://twitter.com/Access_AA/status/1419243997911044100

with a Do It Again outro, it seems

As someone who was pretty glad to see "Do It Again" and "Out Of Control/Setting Sun" cut from the No Geography tour setlist, I've got to say - this is an unexpectedly great way of bringing them back.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Jul 25, 2021, 23:02

As someone who was pretty glad to see "Do It Again" and "Out Of Control/Setting Sun" cut from the No Geography tour setlist, I've got to say - this is an unexpectedly great way of bringing them back.

more found! I SING THE FUNK ELECTRIC!

should mention btw it seems chemical beats comes after eve of destruction so the current set on setlist.fm needs some changing
https://twitter.com/slondonuk/status/1419219414549938184

GO/CHEMICAL BEATS???

Last Edit: Jul 26, 2021, 10:29 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jul 26, 2021, 06:44

more found! I SING THE FUNK ELECTRIC!

should mention btw it seems chemical beats comes after eve of destruction so the current set on setlist.fm needs some changing
https://twitter.com/slondonuk/status/1419219414549938184

GO/CHEMICAL BEATS???

And they dropped out that Weekend's "I can't take the heartbreak" sample :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I'm happy Go is not track 1 anymore. It builds up nicely, but once the beats kick in, it kinda deflates. Just not a good opener. Unless they really amp it up and give it some more oomph.

Shame EML Ritual is cut. I would cut Saturate and replace it with something else. Cut Temptation/Star Guitar.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 26, 2021, 14:56

I would cut Saturate and replace it with something else. Cut Temptation/Star Guitar.

They are NEVER going to cut Star Guitar (they could cut the Temptation bit at some point though, considering it's not actually a Chems track).
As for Saturate, it seems that the paint splashes have become an almost iconic image that represents live Chems shows, with the added bonus of the balloon/ball things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that one being cut any time soon, either.
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2021, 18:08 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I know time is an issue with trying to cramp in as many hits in the setlist, but that Chemical Beats > GO > MAH sequence sounds really cluttered with too many big sounds and is way too fast.

Probably need to hear a cleaner version but not feeling the OoC>DoItAgain transition. It's ok, but feel like there is so many superior iterations of OoC mixes, that this comes out so meh. Honestly don't understand the continued effort to shoehorn 'Do It Again' into the set anymore. It was a mild hit and had its run. Let it go.

How come no bits of TDTYF have emerged? BenJ and Inchem mentioned it, but still no evidence to listen to
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 26, 2021, 15:14
As for Saturate, it seems that the paint splashes have become an almost iconic image that represents live Chems shows, with the added bonus of the balloon/ball things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that one being cut any time soon either.

I would assume majority of a live gig's audience are people seeing them for the first time.
When I saw Saturate live in 2008, I didn't know beforehand about the visuals and it blew my mind.
It is ridiculously well thought and fits the track almost perfectly.
The ball splashing synced with the whooping bass - it just hits you in the face. Amazing.
They're proud of it and I also love it every time I see it.
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2021, 18:55 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 26, 2021, 16:03

How come no bits of TDTYF have emerged? BenJ and Inchem mentioned it, but still no evidence to listen to

To be fair, there isn't a whole lot videos at all. Got me thinking either the crowd was significantly reduced, or perhaps people attending brought a new attitude of enjoying "being in the moment" rather than capturing it for social media.

What a long, belated path to get to the fun later part of the tour when things get all mixed around. I like the OOC has that highly resonated version of the synth hook being played again like the '99/'00 tour. Adding the DIA lyrics is interesting, and them putting it with Setting Sun years ago too proves how pliable the drum/bass line is.🔊

Love it!!!! Kinda wishing these would come to YouTube (like a full recording), since I don't got a instagram and the update kinda messed over lurker viewers.

EDIT: Just found one on Youtube.
Spoiler
A mashup Of GO and Chemical beats's (well) beats! despite it being a just a segue, I didn't know those 2 would actually go super well though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqZM-UHzko&ab_channel=TVC15

Last Edit: Jul 26, 2021, 17:15 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 26, 2021, 15:51

I know time is an issue with trying to cramp in as many hits in the setlist, but that Chemical Beats > GO > MAH sequence sounds really cluttered with too many big sounds and is way too fast.

THIS!

As much as I enjoy and trust with the tinkering of the setlist after all these years, this was totally cramped! Not giving 'Go' room to breath after CB felt so rushed.

If Go is gonna be played, let's give it some space at least.

Worst case scenario...the live show is gonna be one big huge megamix with every track ( with the main drop) lasting about 2 minutes transitioning into another one.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 26, 2021, 16:03

Nalaknip has it on his insta.