If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

Live 2021/2022 expectations

Started by hstn, Jul 01, 2021, 00:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 26, 2021, 18:01

Nalaknip has it on his insta.
i think the 24h are over :(
no idea, no idea

I put some up on the facebook, I'll try and get it over here soon.

Surprised by the lack of videos honestly, was front and centre between the stage and sound tower maybe about 20 rows back. Hardly anyone was filming that far forward and the crowd was very energetic. Was my first time seeing them but also at the djs after speaking to people, only one person had seen them before and that was at Glasto 2019. Mostly young people I was speaking to. The service at Latitude was awful so that probably explains the lack of videos to some extent. I have a short one of the Darkness that you Fear but its pretty dreadful, the show for it was great though. Easily the best live show i've ever seen (Hot Chip the night before were fantastic too mind you!)
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Just found these on Youtube, what song are they from?

Quote from: Hoops on Jul 27, 2021, 22:25

Just found these on Youtube, what song are they from?

Literally the "Tommorow Never Knows", their intro
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 27, 2021, 22:59

Literally the "Tommorow Never Knows", their intro

Here's the "og" version, it's the cover of the Beatles' song

Now, take a listen to the original, and you'll quickly get the Setting Sun/Let forever be vibes:
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 27, 2021, 23:11

Here's the "og" version, it's the cover of the Beatles' song, which Chems uses in slightly extended version, looping the phrase "Surrender to the void"

Now, take a listen to the original, and you'll quickly get the Setting Sun/Let forever be vibes:

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 27, 2021, 23:11

Here's the "og" version, it's the cover of the Beatles' song

Ah, okay. Thanks!

The weird intro and the yellow lights made me think it was something else.

EDIT: I just saw some concert footage on facebook and apparently, No Geography isn't fully gone from the setlist! The vocals appear during what appears to be Escape Velocity's intro.
Last Edit: Jul 27, 2021, 23:58 by Hoops

As promised (quality is awful, i hardly recorded anything this is off my friend i went with)

https://imgur.com/a/Ty95sdJ

There was also another new track I think but honestly my recollection of it is terrible. It wasn't on for particularly long it may have potentially been something transition (definitely wasn't chemical brothers though and it wasn't temptation or any of the regular extras)

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jul 28, 2021, 11:51

As promised (quality is awful, i hardly recorded anything this is off my friend i went with)

There was also another new track I think but honestly my recollection of it is terrible. It wasn't on for particularly long it may have potentially been something transition (definitely wasn't chemical brothers though and it wasn't temptation or any of the regular extras)

You mean the Work Energy Principle, or another one?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 28, 2021, 12:40

You mean the Work Energy Principle, or another one?

Ah probably was that, had listened to it about 3 times before seeing them so that would probably be it if its on the setlist.

it aint THAT bad ;D. Visuals give me Swoon vibes though I dunno if it's actually transitioning into the song.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 28, 2021, 14:39

it aint THAT bad ;D. Visuals give me Swoon vibes though I dunno if it's actually transitioning into the song.

Haha yeah I definitely got the Swoon vibes as well, main visuals were mostly something similar to the Northern Lights i'd say, there was nothing particularly groundbreaking going on for it

Would be interesting to know what has fully changed, but not sure if I'm a fan of the ones they've done based on footage in here/on instagram.
Disagree with folk that think Go wasn't a good opener, personally HBHG is too big an opener, and the lasers and green felt very 'classic' and appropriate, so going to miss that aspect.

Do we think these changes are 'testing' of the waters kind of changes considering it's only 3 (possibly) shows in 2021?

Quote from: elcomplicado on Jul 28, 2021, 19:52

Do we think these changes are 'testing' of the waters kind of changes considering it's only 3 (possibly) shows in 2021?
I dont think so. Considering there are some gigs that have been postponed to 2022, maybe the setlist will change a bit, until a new album/single drops.

also i absolutely love the new OOC/DIA mashup, wish I could hear more of it
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Jul 28, 2021, 20:35

I dont think so. Considering there are some gigs that have been postponed to 2022, maybe the setlist will change a bit, until a new album/single drops.

also i absolutely love the new OOC/DIA mashup, wish I could hear more of it

It's also worth mentioning according to that Midimatt screenshot they had this setlist planned in some capacity since 2020.

No clue about whether or not TDTYF was a part of those plans but I'm sure the postponings and delays probably contributed to a rather unorthodox setlist for the time being. Even if a majority was planned from the start, the 2020 gigs were supposed to continue the No Geography tour anyway rather than become it's own beast.

Though even for 2018 there were some parts of the show where transitions have changed from gig to gig (specifically Surface to Air) so I guess it's just...all up to what they do, I for one love the new unpredictability of the sets, sometimes it feels too chaotic but it's a welcome change nonetheless.

(I'm still singing the funk electric via those clips of OOC/DIA btw)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Well, I think, that they never played Do it Again with funk electric sample live...z always the stripped down version with title sample.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Appreciate you taking the time to post some proof.

Sounds like some interesting melodic structure in the background, or is that a build for a segue?

Honestly feel like this (TDTYF) IS the song to replace Star Guitar as the midway song before restart. In my opinion, Star Guitar should simply finish the set preceded by Hey Boy Hey Girl . Hype them up and send them home all lovey-dovey.

If there is an encore, TPPR is perfect fit. Or, which I've mentioned before, go to a rotating encore finale of either TPPR, Sunshine Underground, and Escape Velocity.

Also, you guys discussing the Tomorrow Never Knows - Junior Parker intro got me thinking. It's a glorious tradition no doubt, but what about giving some of their own legacy some run?

'Where do I start, where do I begin' anyone? An edited down 'The State We're In' would even work.