My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

woodstock 99

Started by shakermaker, Jul 25, 2021, 16:30

Previous topic - Next topic
I have only seen The Chemical Brothers twice, one at my first rave at Snow Valley for Organic 96' while in the Marine Corps, and next at Woodstock 99' I had a great time at both but remembered the set in 99' more fondly. The whole show was great but I remember how euphoric it was when it began raining and how happy everyone was to be cooled off just as the song was climaxing. I had been dancing with a new friend and we had both taken shrooms. They kicked in hard just as the rain began during Block Rockin Beats (I think:). Neither of us were very religious but we both thanked God at the top of our lungs and danced our asses off laughing and smiling till the fires consumed the night. There were many positive moments during the weekend. Hanging out with great friends. Losing my friends and meeting new ones. Seeing Robby Krieger and Fatboy Slim. Talking someone down from a tree (he had climbed up to retrieve a kite that wasn't there) and helping out move a uhaul trailer (not knowing it was destined for the $4 water tent) then passing water out for free to everone Don't let all the hype delude you. There were great vibes to be found and the attempt to gain momentum for movement that unfortunately never gained enough momentum to continue and effect positive change for all.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 30, 2021, 22:43

As for Chems, nice to see Flashback get played.

So what is the vocal sample during Flashback saying? Eat my style? Eat my sky? Feel my style? Feel my sky?

no idea why this is uploaded as Setting Sun...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 23, 2022, 07:30

So what is the vocal sample during Flashback saying? Eat my style? Eat my sky? Feel my style? Feel my sky?

no idea why this is uploaded as Setting Sun...

It sounds something like heed my child.
Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022, 08:56 by neorev

^"Eight Miles High" by The Byrds. Previously mentioned here.
IT'S MORNING TIME!