Do It Again

Skipping Like A Stone (feat. Beck)

Started by Stefan, Aug 15, 2023, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I must be the only one here who doesn't think the extended version is better than the regular one. Don't get me wrong, I really like it! After all it's longer and has some new elements but, in my opinion, that long intro made the track lose a little of its energy. 
I feel like this track was really meant to be a perfect pop song, so the 4:43 album version is perfect for me.
Just get yourself high.

Skipping will be released on 7" with a different design cover for "War Child Presents Secret 7"" – a collection of seven songs by seven musicians on 700 records with each featuring unique artwork with all records set to be exhibited and free to view at NOW Gallery from March 2 to 17, 2024.

The concept of the charity initiative, which initially ran from 2012-2021, takes seven tracks by seven musicians, pressing each one to seven inch vinyl 100 times, creating 700 records.

The sleeves for each are then designed by 700 creatives, ranging from renowned artists to newcomers. All sleeves will then be available to purchase via auction after the exhibition. However, the designer's identity is only revealed after the record is sold.

1. Aurora – 'A Different Kind of Human'
2. Celeste – 'Stop This Flame'
3. Hozier – 'Swan Upon Leda'
4. Siouxsie & The Banshees – 'Lullaby'
5. Paul McCartney – 'Pipes of Peace'
6. The Chemical Brothers feat. Beck – 'Skipping Like A Stone'
7. The Specials – 'We Sell Hope'

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-aurora-and-the-chemical-brothers-to-feature-on-war-childs-secret-7-vinyl-project-3520215
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 22, 2023, 07:03
This is great! Why does it freakin' stop at 3:05! There must be a longer version coming, right?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 24, 2023, 16:52

F me, this is so fucking good! What an emotional rollercoaster! This is getting me all pumped up. Especially at 4:30, when Beck and the piano come in. What an effing ride. It's not that often that remixes for the Bros are that good.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 22, 2023, 07:03
Also, with this slightly more isolated version of Beck's vocal, can we at least agree that Mr Hansen could have annunciated the 'SHA' part of 'Shadow of love' a little more clearly? It still sounds very, very much like he's starting to sing the word "center". Dancing in the cendow of love.
Yeah, right?! So hard to hear shadow instead of center with his sharp pronouncing of "s".
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 28, 2023, 18:41
F me, this is so fucking good! What an emotional rollercoaster! This is getting me all pumped up. Especially at 4:30, when Beck and the piano come in. What an effing ride. It's not that often that remixes for the Bros are that
I know, right? For me this is the best rework of a Chems song since 2manydjs HBHG!

Anyone bidding on a Secret 7" record to get a single of"Skipping Like A Stone"?
I totally see the goal to raise funds for a good cause but the concept is imho just plain stupid: 7 tracks from 7 different artists are pressed on 700 records. Each of the tracks is only pressed 100 times and each single one of them comes with a different sleeve. When bidding for one of them you don't know which track will actually be pressed on the record you buy  - only the sleeves are visible. Many record I checked are $100 or more and the auction is still running. So it's possible that you spend $1000 or whatever and still haven't got the music you want...
https://secret-7.co.uk/ (including a list with the seven artists/tracks)
https://peggy.com/@secret_7

Just found out an acquaintance through work did one of the Chems sleeves. I was tempted to bid on one's knowing it was the Chems but felt it was too rich. Perhaps if the track was unique it would be more worth it. 

Quote from: thg on Sep 24, 2023, 19:22
I must be the only one here who doesn't think the extended version is better than the regular one. Don't get me wrong, I really like it! After all it's longer and has some new elements but, in my opinion, that long intro made the track lose a little of its energy.
I feel like this track was really meant to be a perfect pop song, so the 4:43 album version is perfect for me.
Agree with this, while I love the album version, this track could have been a huge radio hit if they maybe did a radio/pop version where they turned down the bass. It has all the elements of another Galvanise/Go/Salmon Dance
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022