'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
^ Could it be a Four Tet remix of The Chems? That's something that maybe should have happened by now?...

(see previous page)

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 19, 2023, 22:56
surely a few more remixes etc to come
I'm surprised that more people haven't said: "what no EBW13?" by now. Tom dropped a hint that it exists in the Reddit chat.
And we heard a track (not Goodbye) that was mixed with the Jesse Jackson speech in Insta stories for Amnesia 2023. Maybe it got an airing at that date and we just didn't realise...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Seems its Chris Lake

https://instagram.com/stories/fourtetkieran/3239852245312922822?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=ODhhZWM5NmIwOQ==

I doubt its Four Tet, it doesn't sound very four tet at all
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

It appears it might be a Chris Lake, ( < Oops hadn't seen this had ran onto the next page) which means I've just discovered he did this Sometimes I Feel Deserted one

https://soundcloud.com/chrislake/chemical-brothers-sometimes-i-feel-chris-lake-edit

Yup I wanted to go but have had to accept the fact that it hasn't been possible this time. Shame.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 20, 2023, 07:48
Seems its Chris Lake
Ah yes Chris Lake has re-posted the clip on his own Insta stories, so yeah probably.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 19, 2023, 23:22
Tom dropped a hint that it exists in the Reddit chat.
Afaik (coz he answered the EBW 13 question to me) he only said that it's not the FLIAD, but maybe he DID said something more.
I hope it's fan fav "Too Hot" aka Rock Witchu
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

His exact words were:
2 .no,we didn't think of it like that .maybe something new for that!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/16hpfif/comment/k0f47qi/

That sounds like to me like a strong hint that there will eventually be an EBW13 and that it won't be a track we already know from previously released songs.

tangentially..anybody here keen on four tet's recent stylistic turn in dj sets? i can't get into any of it at all tbh
Eight or over.

oh I sure can. he did a five hour set here for Halloween. I caught 4.5 hrs of it and loved every minute. would do again.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Nov 23, 2023, 21:32
tangentially..anybody here keen on four tet's recent stylistic turn in dj sets? i can't get into any of it at all tbh
His long ones are still good but his short ones with Fred Again and Skrillex are full of rubbish unfortunately.

I saw his live show at ally pally (now on spotify) in may and it was excellent.

Forgot about this. I guess it's something we can look forward to in 2024 (if Chris Lake productions/remixes float your boat). January 12th - next Friday.

LinkTo

IT'S MORNING TIME!

You can't stop the woo!

Just when my No Reason t-shirt arrived!

Design by @instantreigen 🔥
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1745588096073138234

The only thing I've ever owned by Chris Lake is this 2006 electro house compilation, and I didn't buy it for his track on there. Looking at the tracklist, I still get why I bought it. But I remain not-a-Chris-Lake-fan. This remix is...ok. It puts the track back in the public eye, I guess. But as we've discussed previously (circa the Maya Jane Coles remix of Live Again - remember that?), Lake isn't one of those artists I particularly wanted to remix the Chems.
The remix is fine for a couple of plays, though. He doesn't destroy the track, and the acid bit around 1:41 is quite fun and playful. In fact it's a shame we don't get more of that.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jan 12, 2024, 09:08
5:22 Extended Mix available on Beatport

And now on YouTube

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Compared to the McVicar's remix this one feels more like a re-edit, really good edit I must say, as it doesn't go far from the og mix, but puts a really nice twist on it.

Still I'm surprised with getting back to remixing the No Reason instead of single release of full, clean DJ mix of Dreaming with music video.

Still really want some alt/dub mixes like with previous albums (Eve of Dub, etc)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 12, 2024, 01:28
He doesn't destroy the track, and the acid bit around 1:41 is quite fun and playful. In fact it's a shame we don't get more of that.
Agree. That 303 would have been great if expanded upon.

Sometimes a little idea that appears once is cool and fun. Other times it's a disappointing missed opportunity. I think this fits into the latter, sadly.

Still, overall not a bad mix. Lots more to enjoy than that MJC remix, which deserves to be catching strays at all times, IMHO.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

On Sunday night's MOTD2 they used 3 (three!) minutes of the Chris Lake remix of No Reason as a music bed for the Goal Of The Month.
And then yesterday, this:

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1754596078530310521

Someone at Universal has been doing some plugging/promo work. About time, eh?
They clearly see No Reason as the track to promote, even though the videos for Live Again and Skipping probably weren't cheap. Meanwhile the only music video for NR is the live visuals.
Go figure.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 06, 2024, 19:09
Go figure.
What do you think it means sorry?

Its my favourite track so could just agree its the best one but your clearly hinting to something more.

just like the FTBF 3xLP, pretty great deal on the 'No Reason' vinyl on Amazon

currently on sale for $11.88