Previous topic - Next topic
Pre-Sale is for UK residents only :/

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 27, 2023, 10:40
Pre-Sale is for UK residents only :/
Just signup anyway it will probably work
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Mar 27, 2023, 10:15
Looking at the email the album is called "not final artwork" and has a very minimalist in glint vibe

Best album title ever! Prove me wrong!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Mar 27, 2023, 10:15
Looking at the email the album is called "not final artwork" and has a very minimalist in glint vibe

Now I legit want the album to be called that and the cover to be this 😂

Apparently this is a Kate kibb monochrome silk screen. Stunning, some of her finest work!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: nalaknip on Mar 27, 2023, 10:02
Preordered the new album and the confirmation email has a release date of October 27th listed.

Gahhh!
When the store page changed, I was expecting something to happen a lot more imminently than October. That's still over 6 (six!) months away. ::hb
I was also hoping it might be a double CD, as we seem to have heard a lot more unreleased Chems in the recent DJ sets than previously...

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 27, 2023, 11:28
Best album title ever! Prove me wrong!

So maybe the album won't be called No Reason after all (otherwise, it would say).
I quite like the idea of a long grandiose title this time around.
Something like "Introducing the Space Gospel according to the Chemical Brothers" (hat tip to Terence Trent D'Arby)
or "An ever-growing Audio lab that rules from the centre of the electro world" (hat tip to The Orb)
I guess we've got another 6 (six!) months to speculate on that...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 27, 2023, 11:29
Now I legit want the album to be called that and the cover to be this 😂
No matter what it ends up being called, it will live as Not Final Artwork in my head forever

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 27, 2023, 12:01
So maybe the album won't be called No Reason after all (otherwise, it would say).
I'm not so sure, maybe they want to fool us.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 27, 2023, 12:01
I quite like the idea of a long grandiose title this time around.
This got me thinking: Make it so long that it'd fill the whole front cover, top to bottom, surrounding the Chems logo.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^ With a hat tip to Soulwax?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Pedition to change this topic's title to "XDUST12 - Not Final Artwork"

"we haven't finished this album yet and can't tell you anything about it but we'd really like you to start giving us money for it."

LOL. It's nice to know y'all share the same amusement about this "album" title.  :))  Love this forum

"Not Final Artwork", is basically my own personal credo.

Quote from: shakermaker on Mar 27, 2023, 14:36
"we haven't finished this album yet and can't tell you anything about it but we'd really like you to start giving us money for it."

Truth in this joke, and this is a bit concerning. Doesn't feel on-brand for Chems to do this, so what gives?

Preordered the new album and the confirmation email has a release date of October 27th listed.

I apologize for giving confidence that this album was coming sooner rather than later. Humbled.

So, on release day for their 10th album, in their 30th anniversary year,  there will be a concert in their home town :)

I have pre ordered the album, seem very strange ordering 7 months before!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 27, 2023, 18:27
Truth in this joke, and this is a bit concerning. Doesn't feel on-brand for Chems to do this, so what gives?

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Mar 27, 2023, 19:01
I have pre ordered the album, seem very strange ordering 7 months before!

I'm guessing they thought it would be finished (or nearly finsihed) by now, they shared their plans with the record company about it, and were then obliged to stick to their agreed schedule.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 27, 2023, 18:56
So, on release day for their 10th album, in their 30th anniversary year,  there will be a concert in their home town :)

Depends on your definition of "home town", and I kinda blame wikipedia and lazy music journos for this one.
T&E were both born and raised in Southern England. They both have Southern English accents (Tom's posher than Ed's). They both separately attended "orbital" raves around the M25 (Southern England/London) circa 1988 prior to going to University in Manchester (Northern England). They were both attracted to Manchester by Factory Records/New Order/The Hacienda. They met at university and bonded over their common ground. They started putting on their own club nights (Naked Under Leather) in Manchester whilst they were students, and next thing you know, they were putting out 12" white labels. After they graduated from Manchester Uni, they both moved back down South where they recorded Exit Planet Dust and bought houses near each other in Notting Hill (West London). Ed still lives in Notting Hill. Tom then moved further South to the Lewes area of Sussex.

It's true that Manchester was where they met and got things rolling. But outside of their University years, I don't think it's true to say that they are from Manchester. Bill Clinton went to Oxford University. But can we say he's from Oxford?

Yeah this might seem a bit rant-y  - cos I've seen so many articles calling them a Manchester band, and I think that's a bit misleading.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

So it was more like the hometown of The Chemical Brothers (where they laid the groundwork for their music career), rather than the hometown of either Tom or Ed :D

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 27, 2023, 12:25
^ With a hat tip to Soulwax?

Ah, right, now I remember. So, been there, done that, nothing new. Damn.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 27, 2023, 19:33
I'm guessing they thought it would be finished (or nearly finsihed) by now, they shared their plans with the record company about it, and were then obliged to stick to their agreed schedule.

Depends on your definition of "home town", and I kinda blame wikipedia and lazy music journos for this one.
T&E were both born and raised in Southern England. They both have Southern English accents (Tom's posher than Ed's). They both separately attended "orbital" raves around the M25 (Southern England/London) circa 1988 prior to going to University in Manchester (Northern England). They were both attracted to Manchester by Factory Records/New Order/The Hacienda. They met at university and bonded over their common ground. They started putting on their own club nights (Naked Under Leather) in Manchester whilst they were students, and next thing you know, they were putting out 12" white labels. After they graduated from Manchester Uni, they both moved back down South where they recorded Exit Planet Dust and bought houses near each other in Notting Hill (West London). Ed still lives in Notting Hill. Tom then moved further South to the Lewes area of Sussex.

It's true that Manchester was where they met and got things rolling. But outside of their University years, I don't think it's true to say that they are from Manchester. Bill Clinton went to Oxford University. But can we say he's from Oxford?

Yeah this might seem a bit rant-y  - cos I've seen so many articles calling them a Manchester band, and I think that's a bit misleading.
Manchester is where they met and I think thats the main thing. Have they ever said what they consider it to be themself? I can get the argument both ways, but they did form in Manchester.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

It takes 6 months to get vinyl pressed these days...not surprising the album isn't out until October. Still a pity, gonna be a long summer to wait! 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is