My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Tracklist of Not Final Artwork anyone? IS there a track we can 100% confirm?

• No Reason - 100%
  • Live Again (feat. Halo Maud) - 100%
  • The Darkness That You Fear - 50%, personaly i don't think so, but we have this short video of a different version, so maybe...
  • All Of A Sudden - 75%, i would love to find this on NFA, but there's a 25% chance it stays a b-side
  • Feels Like I Am Dreaming - 100%
  • Warped Pop/Rock/Indie Track - no idea % see Live Again
  • Big Beat Space Gospel - no idea %
  • Work Energy Principle - 0%
  • Problem/Question - 0%
  • Superflash (studio version) - 0%
  • Snow/Surface (studio version as japan exclusive bonus track) - in my dreams there is a superdopefantastic2000³ % chance, but in real life it's more like 0%
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2023, 08:18 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Please log in to view this attachment.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 15, 2023, 09:39

• No Reason - 100%
  • The Darkness That You Fear - 50%, personaly i don't think so, but we have this short video of a different version, so maybe...
  • All Of A Sudden - 75%, i would love to find this on NFA, but there's a 25% chance it stays a b-side
  • Warped Pop/Rock/Indie Track - no idea %
  • Problem/Question - 0%
  • Snow/Surface (studio version as japan exclusive bonus track) - in my dreams there is a superdopefantastic2000³ % chance, but in real life it's more like 0%
The key thing with TDTYF is HAAi saying it would be on it when remixing it

that was ages ago so easily could have changed.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

• No Reason - 100%
  • Warped Pop/Rock/Indie Track - no idea %
  • Problem/Question - 0%
I feel like Warped Pop and BBSG should have a higher chance, my hunch still feels that Stephanie sings on it and then BBSG feels too...grand to not end up on an album or at least have a more prominent position in the new era

I wouldn't count WEP in this tho seeing as it was a No Geography era outtake, but TDTYTF easily could have a re-edit a la Get Up On It Like This

I'd LOVE if All Of A Sudden appeared on the album but with how closely linked it appears to No Reason now I think it may just end up staying a B side

What I'd love to know is where does that leave the other WOO track Rock Witchu?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

1) No Reason. Agree 100%
2) TDTYF. I think it probably will be on the album. It's part of the post-NG era, they made a muisc video for it, and then more recenty posted that acapella on instagram in relation to new music. On physical copies of the album (and adverts) they can write "includes the hits, No Reason and TDTYF" from the first day of release. Insta post under spoiler
Spoiler
3) All Of A Sudden.  I predict: bonus track.
4) Dreaming. Agree 100%
5) Warped Pop/Rock/Indie Track. Yes 100%
6) Big Beat Space Gospel. Yes 100%. A perfect album closer.
7) Work Energy Principle. It's true that we first heard it in the 2019 Essential Mix but it came out on the B-side of TDTYF. If the A-side can make it (and I think it will) then the B-side could be a bonus track.
8, 9 & 10) Nope (and I think you know it Pumisher!)

Quote from: hstn on May 15, 2023, 17:35

It feels like such a DJ track that I wonder if it may end up either
a) unreleased, like Pumisher's Erection Song.
b) a Japan-only bonus track like Direct Buki.

Also where does that leave the Ass Shaker/Conga track? Lyrics seem to be: "Feel it, Feel it".
Another very dancefloor-friendly track. As I've said before, the Chems not only posted this after Amnesia Ibiza (their first DJ date of the bunch) but at the time they actually pinned it. Would they do that if it wasn't Chemical? [EDIT: apparently they would] It's exactly 7 months since that date and it remains un-shazamable. I think it's Chemical, [EDIT: I'm wrong!] and I think/hope it will on the album [EDIT: It won't be]. Insta under spoiler tag
Spoiler

There are additional unidentified tracks from their DJ Sets which may or may not be Chemical:

A) The Roy Ayers sampling track heard in the Fabrik Madrid thread: "Hey Uh, What You Say Come On?". On the forum here (4th slide). [EDIT: not Chemical]

B) The "basic bitch" groove, also from Fabrik Madrid.
Might be too basic to be a Chems track but I can't ID it. Anyone else? Listen from 7:07 under the spoiler
Spoiler

C and D) The two clips I flagged up (again) in The Printworks thread on 7th of May here. Thoughts anyone?
Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 18:05 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 19:38
A) The Roy Ayers sampling track heard in the Fabrik Madrid thread: "Hey Uh, What You Say Come On?". On the forum here (4th slide).
That's a nope, it's this with some samples and edits:
(The drop is around the 3 minute mark)

Before anyone gives me any music knowledge kudos, the Google song recognition thingy found it

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 19:38
Also where does that leave the Ass Shaker/Conga track? Lyrics seem to be: "Feel it, Feel it".
Another very dancefloor-friendly track. As I've said before, the Chems not only posted this after Amnesia Ibiza (their first DJ date of the bunch) but at the time they actually pinned it. Would they do that if it wasn't Chemical? It's exactly 7 months since that date and it remains un-shazamable. I think it's Chemical, and I think/hope it will on the album. Insta under spoiler tag
Spoiler
I think Google has another hit:
(ca. 2:40 onwards)

Tried that Google thingy on Warp Track and it detected nothing.
On Big Beat Space Gospel, it said as result "Speech by Jesse Jackson", so this might indeed be where the vocal sample comes from.

Quote from: Stefan on May 15, 2023, 20:40
That's a nope, it's this {Mark Broom] with some samples and edits

Before anyone gives me any music knowledge kudos, the Google song recognition thingy found it

Quote from: Stefan on May 15, 2023, 20:51
I think Google has another hit... (ca. 2:40 onwards)

Ah OK well that rules those two out. I guess the Chems added the "feel it" vocals to the Konkrete Kanun track.

What is this Google song recognition thing you refer to?

Quote from: Stefan on May 15, 2023, 21:19
...On Big Beat Space Gospel, it said as result "Speech by Jesse Jackson",

Aha.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 21:29
It's a built-in functionality: when I click the microphone to enter a search prompt via speech recognition on the Google search app, a button appears on the bottom "identify music". The phone is a Pixel from 2017, don't know if this is an exclusive function or a standard Android feature.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 21:29
Ah OK well that rules those two out. I guess the Chems added the "feel it" vocals to the Konkrete Kanun track.
Aha.
I CRACKED THE CODE (excuse the crying baby lol)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Well done folks.
I got that google "search for a song" thing up on my phone.
It worked on the Konkrete Kanun track and also on the Mark Broom track. But even when I did it directly on the Jesse Jackson clip in HSTN's post, it didn't recognise it.  ???

Anyway it seems One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism by Aretha Franklin is where this is taken from. Track 10.

This Cirrus track that also samples Rev Jesse is pretty good once it gets going. Has a sort of 90s big beat feel to it.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 23:33
This Cirrus track that also samples Rev Jesse is pretty good once it gets going. Has a sort of 90s big beat feel to it.
Yep, that album is from 1998 and is mainly big beat/ breakbeat stuff.

Also, an old schoolish track mentioned in the comment section

Funny! I just re-visited the below Cirrus track that I've loved ever since I listened to Fatboy Slim's On the Floor at the Boutique for the first time. And guess what? That sample's there, too!

Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 08:19 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 23:33
Well done folks.
I got that google "search for a song" thing up on my phone.
It worked on the Konkrete Kanun track and also on the Mark Broom track. But even when I did it directly on the Jesse Jackson clip in HSTN's post, it didn't recognise it.  ???
It took a few tries during various parts of the song for the app to recognize anything.

Was checking to see if there was anything new on SACEM and noticed the number was now 231 entries while last time I checked, there was 229. 

I scrolled through the list to see if there was anything new, and the only thing I spotted was what I am pretty positive is a new entry with the title "TASTE THE HONEY FEAT S" with the subtitle "A TASTE OF HONEY"

Obviously this is in reference to their track Taste of Honey, with the "S' probably being Stephanie Dosen who was mentioned earlier in this thread as being the vocalist for Taste of Honey. But the question is, why has this entry just been added now? Perhaps they are adding it to the live show, or something? Or maybe there will be a third version of the same song on XDUST12! Or maybe it's just nothing noteworthy. 

Quote from: hstn on May 15, 2023, 17:35

PRAYING it's a B-Side to something upcoming or a Japan exclusive, more likely the latter as it doesn't seem to be on SACEM. It's my favorite of the unreleased tracks so far (maybe excluding Big Beat Space Gospel) and I would hate to see it go unreleased. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Scroll up ⬆️ two or three posts and you'll see a 4 For Money track embedded by Csar called "It's a Moment In Time" featuring a sample of Jesse Jackson from that Space Gospel track. I gotta say well done to Csar for also remembering that Tom's previous band, Ariel sampled the same Jesse Jackson speech in Every Day Of My Life back in 1993. Surely he deserved more than one like for that!

Anyway, Ed has just posted this instagram with "It's a moment in time" as his comment. I guess that's a nod to the above Jesse-sampling track. Mind you, I'm pretty sure Jackson doesn't actually say "It's a moment in time", he says "It's morning time".
I suspect the huge Jesse Jackson sample is here to stay (pun intended) and perhaps "It's Morning Time" would be a good official title for Space Gospel.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 21, 2023, 09:00
Scroll up ⬆️ two or three posts and you'll see a 4 For Money track embedded by Csar called "It's a Moment In Time" featuring a sample of Jesse Jackson from that Space Gospel track. I gotta say well done to Csar for also remembering that Tom's previous band, Ariel sampled the same Jesse Jackson speech in Every Day Of My Life back in 1993. Surely he deserved more than one like for that!

Anyway, Ed has just posted this instagram with "It's a moment in time" as his comment. I guess that's a nod to the above Jesse-sampling track. Mind you, I'm pretty sure Jackson doesn't actually say "It's a moment in time", he says "It's morning time".
I suspect the huge Jesse Jackson sample is here to stay (pun intended) and perhaps "It's Morning Time" would be a good official title for Space Gospel.

I quite like that, but my personal favorite is "Fear No Evil"

Hopefully we can get some good clips of it from this DJ set with the Jesse Jackson vocal!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Glastonbury ist often recorded, but I guess that's not the case for DJ sets?