Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

XDUST12

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Damn, Space Gospel is rocking my socks. Some sick drum fills here and there would be the icing on the Space Gospel Cake!
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2022, 23:09 by Csar »  
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

• Pioneer
  • Not another drugstore, not another town
Hey guys! Me and the other members of the discord server have been doing some detective work and have started a spreadsheet to keep track of the songs we know or think are part of the upcoming album! Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19SSK3lmR6tXUtYLh6KRZ0N8W4Pt176TCMDsLE10xMbI/edit?usp=sharing

There are a few I haven't seen discussed yet here that I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on.

I'm really excited to see that woo suicide track if it is chemical, it's been stuck in my head plenty lately. The "All of a sudden it's like" track also seems really really good, as well as that Big Beat Space Gospel!

EDIT: Of course, I should have checked the other threads as well... You guys already know about most of these! But either way, useful to have this here to really keep track of things.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022, 02:02 by ; »  
Just here to further fuel my obsession with the Chems

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
Ha! A spreadhseet. Nerd alert! But hey, I'll go with it (your headings could be moved to the left a bit perhaps?).

There's a full audio of the Chems live show at Forwards Bristol in the live section here after Csar spotted it in October. In the YT comments someone has time-stamped all the tracks, so we get "full" live versions of No Reason and Dreaming. And yeah the intro to Three Little Birdies Downbeats is some kind of a new thing.

By the Conga Somg, I presume you mean the ass shaker track that the Chems posted and pinned to their Instagram (and other social media) the day after Amnesia, Ibiza. You have it listed as "unlikely" but for me, the fact that they posted/pinned this track makes me think it is new Chems.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1581709543326638080

I also did a late edit to my Fabrik Madrid post last week where I added an Insta post. I think a couple of the slides in that post contain clips from later on in that track (with added acid). Ah...I see that insta clip has disappeared now. Bummer!
** EDIT** Oh I see you've done links. I think your two links are different tracks. So I was talking about the track in your 2nd link. Your first link sounds like it samples a tiny bit of Chic's Good Times (might be part of the track in my next paragraph?)

Re "woo, suicide" and "rock with u", I'm also inclined to think they may be part of the same track. And perhaps the "Good Times" bit is part of this too? A sort of old school mash-up? I wonder if the track(s) is/are proper album material though...

Also, on the Fabrik Madrid thread I posted two Youtube clips. The first one has a "basic bitch" groove at about 6:30 (after Go). This track also got played at Ibiza Amnesia, (it's in that thread too) so I think it may be Chemical.
And in the second YT clip  - HBHG (KiNK mix), there's an unidentified track from 4:30; a pounding track with repetitive bleeps and a 'Chemical' aeroplane swoosh sound effect.  Shazam doesn't recognise it. Could it be a Chemical re-edit of someone else? It doesn't sound like a typical Chems tune (but then, nor does the Conga/ass shaker thing).

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022, 02:45 by Wolkenkrabber »  
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

• Pioneer
There's a full audio of the Chems live show at Forwards Bristol in the live section here after Csar spotted it in October. In the YT comments someone has time-stamped all the tracks, so we get "full" live versions of No Reason and Dreaming.
We were aware of this and other full clips, but we wanted something with video as well!

By the Conga Somg, I presume you mean the ass shaker track that the Chems posted and pinned to their Instagram (and other social media) the day after Amnesia, Ibiza. You have it listed as "unlikely" but for me, the fact that they posted/pinned this track makes me think it is new Chems.
Great point! I don't think any of us noticed that. We'll remove the link that, as you pointed out, is probably something separate, and add this tweet. I'm hesitant to move it to the likely section though, as it still doesn't feel chemical to me, but I'll see if some of the other people who've made it think that's a good idea.

Re "woo, suicide" and "rock with u", I'm also inclined to think they may be part of the same track. I wonder if the track(s) is/are proper album material though...
I really like it personally! And yeah, I do believe they are the same track, as the vocals sound similar and they appeared in sequence together. Maybe it's a B-Side or Japan exclusive track? Wouldn't it be funny if it was a B-Side to No Reason?

Also, on the Fabrik Madrid thread I posted two Youtube clips. The first one has a "basic bitch" groove at about 6:30 (after Go). This track also got played at Ibiza Amnesia, (it's in that thread too) so I think it may be Chemical.
And in the second YT clip  - HBHG (KiNK mix), there's an unidentified track from 4:30; a pounding track with repetitive bleeps and a 'Chemical' aeroplane swoosh sound effect.  Shazam doesn't recognise it. Could it be a Chemical re-edit of someone else? It doesn't sound like a typical Chems tune (but then, nor does the Conga/ass shaker thing).
Will check these out, thank you!

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
So, that's a vocal sample of Adrian Borland, but from which song of The Sound or Second Layer?

^ So that was found on BMI. No Reason is now on the SACEM website too:

NO REASON
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED, UNKNOWN PUBLISHER
Sub-Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (FRANCE)
Composer/Author : BAILEY GRAHAM JOHN, OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN, BORLAND ADRIAN KELVIN

Dreaming is still listed with Ellie Rowsell as a co-writer, which makes me wonder if Ellie is the mystery voice on that track.

FEELS LIKE I M DREAMING
Sous-titre(s) : THE DREAMING SONG
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED, UNKNOWN PUBLISHER
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN, Ellen ROWSELL

and now, "all of a sudden it's like..." they've added:

ALL OF A SUDDEN
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN

I wonder if there's more stuff now added to PRS and BMI...
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

• Burst Generator
  • trying
Oh interesting!

"All of a Sudden" kinda has album title potential, no?

• Galvanizer
  • HUW IS INNOCENT
clearer videos of Big Beat Space Gospel! goes without saying this is definitely chemical
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5avM13cTzY8
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/m6-iefpvTo4

and LOVELY to see "All Of A Sudden" now confirmed as a new song by the brothers!! whenever Chemical 10 arrives, it's definitely sooner than we all think...godwilling
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

• Freak Of The Week
  • The Future, I'll See You There
Gotta say with all the confirmed and likely material floating around, I'm super hyped for this album.

• Pioneer
Update!

My personal favorite of the new tracks, Rock Witchu AKA Woo Suicide, was believed up until now to have first been played in the 2022 DJ sets. But as it turns out, Theo, a member of the Piku Playground discord server, had unknowingly recorded a clip of it all the way back in 2021 during Fabric! I think this makes it a little more likely to be chemical, although nothing is confirmed of course. Hoping to see this one on SACEM next!

Clip in question: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/940199042372206622/1048662244554190879/Recording_2.mp3&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1670095599273201&usg=AOvVaw3xLO-32QF8pynWEyWPHNui
Thanks to Hoosteen for this discovery!

I don't think we've ever gotten this much material before an album release before, so this is a really hype and exciting time. The best part is that all of it looks absolutely amazing! Really glad I got into the fandom at a time like this.

Really hoping this one is a B-Side to the NRTL single so we can get it early - if not, it feels like potentially a Japan exclusive track in a similar sense to Direct Buki.

• Galvanizer
  • Where do I start? Where do I begin?
Well, I think, that we'll get the new LP not later, than on the next june.

Maybe we'll get another single later this year?
But I really dunno if WEP will appear on the record.

Poor 2021 me...
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!