Your Love Is Lifting Me

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: hstn on Jul 30, 2022, 16:38

AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING

Bloody hell that's a good track.

A question that comes to my mind recently is: Will TDTYF be on XDUST12?
When we first heard about TDTYF i've read somewhere that this will be the first sign of their new album. Now, more than a year later [ :o ], i don't think so anymore. Why? Because in one year there so much happening, and we all know how long T&E tweak on nearly every song (take the demos (alt mixes) from DYOH for example) and how they've decided which songs will be on an album, which will be b-sides and which don't see the light of day ever. Loops Of Fury could have been on DYOH - nope. Instead Get Up On Like This has been chosen.
What do you peeps think? What will happen with TDTYF? Will it be on 12 or will it stay as an (very short) E.P.?
no idea, no idea

Jep, I also thought that it would be the first single of their new album. Since so much time has passed and especially since TDTYF is not part of their current live setlist, I'm sure we won't find it on the new album, it will remain a standalone release, just like C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L.

FY was released about half a year before NG and that was (I think) the longest time span between first official single and album release. If TDTYF is indeed on Chem10, which I expect in late 2022 at the earliest, this timespan would be nearly three times as long.

I'm totally fine with a standalone release. Ages ago we got to hear a lot of the tracks that didn't make it for whatever reasons onto the albums as B-Sides, since we pretty much don't get single releases anymore why not some short EPs instead?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

10 bucks Ellie Rowsell will contribute vocals on XDUST12...

(they suddenly started following her account but not the Wolf Alice account - same happend to Aurora, and we all know how this ended on XDUST11 ;) )
Spot on
https://repertoire.sacem.fr/detail-oeuvre/nuoyV-QnW_yr3MmVaWdbaxjWj0t3wQ3Sw5T6yyOs75c=/FEELS%20LIKE%20I%20M%20DREAMING?query=thomas%20rowlands&filters=parties#searchBtn

So, that's a vocal sample of Adrian Borland, but from which song of The Sound or Second Layer?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Sep 16, 2022, 23:27

So, that's a vocal sample of Adrian Borland, but from which song of The Sound or Second Layer?

Is that the PRS website Explud? Any other new songs listed?

Second Layer don't have too many songs, but The Sound? Absolutely loads. I'm guessing the sample will be from The Sound. But who's gonna listen through all their tracks?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 17, 2022, 11:03
Is that the PRS website Explud?
BMI.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 17, 2022, 11:03
Any other new songs listed?
This one count?

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Ford on Jul 31, 2022, 04:48

Bloody hell that's a good track.

This was the best part of the show in Denver for me!  Wow.

somebody in youtube comments section had it nailed two months ago! Hey Karl

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 28, 2022, 06:23

somebody in youtube comments section had it nailed two months ago! Hey Karl
Ah you did the donkey work...only to find out that someone, somewhere beat you to it!
Well done anyway.

No Reason seems to display a very clean Chemical job separating the vocals from the original guitars etc on the track (sample at 1:25). I don't imagine there was an a cappella to work with. Sounds like the original drums may have been inspiration for the Chemical track too.

Quote from: Explud on Sep 17, 2022, 20:05

BMI.

Oh the American one? If you have continued access to that site, feel free to let us know about any more newbies.

Quote from: Explud on Sep 17, 2022, 20:05

This one count?

Thanks for looking. There was this list in 2018. I guess if any of that stuff shows on BMI, it's not new for 2022.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

So are they gonna release a single between Ibiza and Printworks? It feels like that time...

Nobody gets a feeling that Dreaming or No Reason is an EBW, do we?

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 01, 2022, 17:53

So are they gonna release a single between Ibiza and Printworks? It feels like that time...

Nobody gets a feeling that Dreaming or No Reason is an EBW, do we?

I feel like they should've been released by now as EBW13 and EBW14 if they had the intention of doing so, I do hope we'll get something by November at least, maybe an album release in January if we're lucky?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I guess the timing would make sense, with the first single being released at the end of this year/begining of next year, with the album in Spring or Summer 2023, accompanied by a release tour.

Quote from: hstn on Oct 01, 2022, 19:04

I feel like they should've been released by now as EBW13 and EBW14 if they had the intention of doing so, I do hope we'll get something by November at least, maybe an album release in January if we're lucky?

That would be good timing on chems part. A late Novemberish single release, followed by maybe another single jan/Feb and perhaps a April album release?

An album before summer would be good.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 01, 2022, 19:20

That would be good timing on chems part. A late Novemberish single release, followed by maybe another single jan/Feb and perhaps a April album release?

An album before summer would be good.

It'd be very similar to what they did for No Geography! They've done at least two January LPs, maybe another April one seems likely
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Yeah, it would be pretty much the same shedule as with No Geography, but I think a release in the first half of 2023 makes sense because of all the festival summer shows.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 02, 2022, 08:33

Yeah, it would be pretty much the same shedule as with No Geography, but I think a release in the first half of 2023 makes sense because of all the festival summer shows.

They did the same in '04 in lead up to PTB. We got Come Inside, Surface to Air, and EBW 7 (Acid Children) on that tour. Mostly played festivals (Glasto, Fuji (my first show!), Chile). I'm actually surprised we haven't seen any South American dates yet on this run. They usually do at least one set in Chile (and still miss Canada).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I think it's time to update this thread  :)

Possible new track (found by Wolkenkrabber) played at the Amnesia Ibiza DJ set, nicknamed "Big Beat Space Gospel":

I think there are also a handful of other potential new tracks which weren't posted here.