Further

Brotherhood Deluxe edition PSA

Started by gpro2005, Sep 04, 2021, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic
A brief word of warning for those who own the 2CD edition of Brotherhood:

Your discs may be getting weird white spots! This seems to be the fault of the sleeves they used for them, as the insides are rough.

I purchased a copy of it today and both discs had white spots on the data side. CD1 ripped just fine, although it struggled with Star Guitar. But CD2 wouldn't rip at all!!!

There is a fix: run your discs under water and use dish soap, if needed. Here is a more detailed guide:
https://superuser.com/questions/962981/how-to-clean-cd-dvd-that-have-mold-on-them

After that, CD2 ripped perfectly and I even went back and re-ripped Star Guitar.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: gpro2005 on Sep 04, 2021, 14:55

A brief word of warning for those who own the 2CD edition of Brotherhood:

Your discs may be getting weird white spots! This seems to be the fault of the sleeves they used for them, as the insides are rough.

I purchased a copy of it today and both discs had white spots on the data side. CD1 ripped just fine, although it struggled with Star Guitar. But CD2 wouldn't rip at all!!!

There is a fix: run your discs under water and use dish soap, if needed. Here is a more detailed guide:
https://superuser.com/questions/962981/how-to-clean-cd-dvd-that-have-mold-on-them

After that, CD2 ripped perfectly and I even went back and re-ripped Star Guitar.

That's why I don't like those sleeve packagings, it's eco-friendly, but they also scratch the cd, etc.

I already had to clean some of them too...
That's why I'm repackaging them ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I have the Japanese edition of Brotherhood deluxe. What's nice about Japan CDs is their editions usually have the CDs housed in their own protective plastic CD sleeve. These are sleeves specificially for the CDs, not the outside case. You can buy these online. The Brotherhood Japan packaging also seems to be different material from the box to the jacket sleeves. The jacket sleeves seem less rough.

Quote from: neorev on Sep 05, 2021, 10:15

What's nice about Japan CDs is their editions usually have the CDs housed in their own protective plastic CD sleeve. These are sleeves specificially for the CDs, not the outside case. You can buy these online. The Brotherhood Japan packaging also seems to be different material from the box to the jacket sleeves. The jacket sleeves seem less rough.

Very interesting! Packaging is one of the few reasons I still occasionally buy CDs, so it's very cool to know about the differences from place to place.

I might consider getting those CD sleeves, if they get dirty again.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: neorev on Sep 05, 2021, 10:15

I have the Japanese edition of Brotherhood deluxe. What's nice about Japan CDs is their editions usually have the CDs housed in their own protective plastic CD sleeve. These are sleeves specificially for the CDs, not the outside case. You can buy these online. The Brotherhood Japan packaging also seems to be different material from the box to the jacket sleeves. The jacket sleeves seem less rough.

I should look at buying some of them, how much they tends to cost?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Sep 27, 2021, 17:11

I should look at buying some of them, how much they tends to cost?

$20-70

I love the Japanese Modern Masters cardboard LP style reissues for Exit Planet Dust, Dig Your Own Hole, Surrender, Come With Us, and Brothers Gonna Work It Out.

Quote from: neorev on Sep 27, 2021, 21:24

$20-70

I love the Japanese Modern Masters cardboard LP style reissues for Exit Planet Dust, Dig Your Own Hole, Surrender, Come With Us, and Brothers Gonna Work It Out.

Hah, I meant the sleeves, I really need to get them.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Oct 18, 2021, 23:25

Hah, I meant the sleeves, I really need to get them.

The Nagaoka ones are usually $7-8 for a 20 pack. These are the sleeves for the CD disc itself...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363462499928?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

They also make protective sleeves for jewel cases, gatefolds, digipacks, etc.