Where Do I Begin?

Fan Art!

Started by instantreigen, Sep 14, 2021, 06:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all! I recently drew some chembros fanart and asked Csar if I could post it here to which he said to make a new fanart thread so I did!

The brothers even reposted my drawing on their page  :o
Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 16:03 by Csar
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

HOT DAMN  :o
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

That looks awesome! Loving the Surrender vibe you went for!

So, please, all you creative minds, show us what you've got up your sleeves and share it here. Stefan, Enjoyed (your Robo mugs come to mind) and all the others!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: instantreigen on Sep 14, 2021, 06:13

Hey all! I recently drew some chembros fanart and asked Csar if I could post it here to which he said to make a new fanart thread so I did!

The Surrender Art really is my favourite art of all time. I have some of it framed in my house (from the Surrender Box set). You have done such an amazing piece of work here, I absolutely love it! So nice to see they reposted it on their page! Congrats 😁
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: VMan on Sep 14, 2021, 13:35

The Surrender Art really is my favourite art of all time. I have some of it framed in my house (from the Surrender Box set). You have done such an amazing piece of work here, I absolutely love it! So nice to see they reposted it on their page! Congrats 😁

Same here! I have a Surrender promo poster in perfect condition framed hanging right above my record player, it's my holy grail! I just ordered my drawing on a poster too, I can't wait to get it and hang it next to my desk :)

On that note, gosh I'd love to gift the chems a copy too 🥺

this is really great. thanks for sharing =)

and i've always wanted one those surrender promo posters!
Eight or over.

Quote from: instantreigen on Sep 14, 2021, 06:13

Love it! Tom looks even more Hippie, than he used to!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Dude, this is f**kin' rad!

Any plans to make and $ell any prints?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 20, 2021, 21:06

Dude, this is f**kin' rad!

Any plans to make and $ell any prints?

I'm thinking about putting it online for sale! Though I don't know yet if I should do it via a print on demand platform or sell them myself. What would you prefer?

I guess the more money that goes to you the better. But I totally understand the risk of having something made yourself when you don't necessarily know the demand.
How do those print-on-demand places work? Is it like Society6 / Printify?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I usually use Redbubble, but I am thinking of expanding to other sites too. They are pretty reliable and produce posters and more on demand, in multiple countries so the shipping is appropriate too. My only problem with those are that, from a poster that costs 15€, I only get 3 if I am lucky. I am thinking of running extremely limited editions of posters, like 5 of each motif, and hand signing them all. That way both me and the people who appreciate my art get something out of it!

I did this No Reason illustration on the weekend, thought I'd share it here as well  :)

Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2023, 16:38 by Csar

Saw this on the discord, your art is so amazing and inspiring :)
I'm totally getting some asap!!

Fabulous work, instantreigen!! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Had to look twice to believe it's not official!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Chems, pls hire instant to do some official work!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Csar on Mar 22, 2023, 15:27
Had to look twice to believe it's not official!
Thank you! I spent a lot of time trying to nail the shading and get it as accurately as possible, I'm glad it paid off !! 

Quote from: instantreigen on Mar 22, 2023, 16:39
Thank you! I spent a lot of time trying to nail the shading and get it as accurately as possibl
Yeah, that's what I figured, especially the shadows of the folds of the pants and jackets. Great work!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Slowly posting all the chems art I did... here's one based off of a magazine photograph, if anyone knows what mag it is from, please tell me!  :)

Please log in to view this attachment.