Forum > Music: Response

Best remixes OF the Chemical Brothers

<< < (6/6)

JRSZ:

--- Quote from: Bosco on Oct 08, 2021, 07:18 ---^I like your picks,

I will add,

-Daphni aka Caribou aka Dan Snaith... and quite frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened, yet
-Múm (not totally sure if they are even active. Haven't listened to them in a while, but I do remember being pretty passionate thinking they have a vibe fitted with chems)
-Liam Howlett (I don't think this is a good match anymore, but I'm willing to give a try!)

Other interesting fits, but probably won't happen due to cost:

-Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, (grammy/Oscar winning composers/producers, why not...)
-Bjork (both Collab and remix... any type of project is kinda long overdue.)
-John Frusciante (yup, he does electronic music and it's pretty good, too!)

--- End quote ---

Why not? LH is mega talented beast. I'd love to hear the Prodigy remix of the Chems classic, like Leave Home, or Chembeats.

From myself I'd like to add:

Justice, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada

JRSZ:

--- Quote from: JRSZ on Oct 17, 2021, 00:43 ---Why not? LH is mega talented beast. I'd love to hear the Prodigy remix of the Chems classic, like Leave Home, or Chembeats.
Or... Not Another Drugstore!

From myself I'd like to add:

Justice, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada

--- End quote ---

Enjoyed:
Hol' up. Not a single person thinks the Futureshock remix of Music:Response is up there for best remix? Madness.

I actually made and burned a compilation of remixes of Chems CD back when I was a snot-nosed kid. The CD is back in England in my Chems rack but maybe I can persuade my brother to snap a quick photo (I made a full jewel case sleeve 'n' everything!). It was made during CWU era, so there wasn't anything after that included, sadly.

Anywho, my list of most enjoyed and listened to remixes goes something like this:
• Music:Response (Futureshock Main Response)
• Come With Us (H-Foundation Remix)
• Leave Home (Underworld Mix One)
• The Boxer (DFA Version)
• GTKO (Riton Remix)
• BRB (The Micronauts Remix)
• OOC (Sasha Remix)

Honourable mention for Norman's remix of CWU. Just for how much I listened to it when I was younger. It was exactly my jam when it came out.

Love some of the suggestions for other remixers. Especially Caribou, Jon Hopkins & TEED.
I'll throw in...
• Leon Vynehall
• Tom Middleton (peak Tom would have been nice, not sure he's doing anything these days except trying to help people sleep better).
• Grafix
• Floating Points
• Röyksopp

androidgeoff:
Futureshock remix is up there for sure

satur8:
Dave Clarke's Chemical Beats isn't getting a lot of love here.

It's the perfect example of staying true to the core track while adding something more.

That said, the original remains king.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version