I'll Take You Along With Me

Best remixes OF the Chemical Brothers

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Sep 23, 2021, 10:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 07, 2021, 21:51

Getting back to who would I like to see remix the Chems, it seems we might be entering into a new album cycle. In which case we've already had Haai and Blessed Madonna on remix duty for 'Darkness'. Who else might be good for remixing the Chems?

Amon Tobin/Two Fingers (That would be heaven for me, my two favourite artists coming together)
Ivy Lab
SebastiAn
Modeselektor
Vitalic
Myd
Trent Reznor (does he even do remixes ?)
Massive Attack/3D

So it was remixed by a friend of yours but you uploaded it to Soundcloud, is that right?
Which Prince track is sampled? Something from the early 90s?
Yep, a friend of mine - back around that time. Haven't seen or heard anything from him since ages.No idea which Prince song is sampled.

Bernard Sumner/Stephen of New Order. They both do remixes from time to time. Tom has remixed New Order, it's time for them to return the favour.
In fact, a brand new remix of Mogwai's Ritchie Sacramento by Stephen & Gillian came out last Friday.
Heard that remix the other day, but was not highly impressed. But thats maybe because the original is one of my favourite songs this year so far
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 08, 2021, 07:18

-Daphni aka Caribou aka Dan Snaith... and quite frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened, yet

Taste of Honey remix by Caribou would be cool
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Oct 10, 2021, 22:48

Taste of Honey remix by Caribou would be cool

You mean a vocal remix, so he can grate our ears with his pathetic little indie voice?

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 11, 2021, 16:12

You mean a vocal remix, so he can grate our ears with his pathetic little indie voice?

:'(

Daphni remix of Let's Bang would also be cool

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 08, 2021, 07:18

^I like your picks,

I will add,

-Daphni aka Caribou aka Dan Snaith... and quite frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened, yet
-Múm (not totally sure if they are even active. Haven't listened to them in a while, but I do remember being pretty passionate thinking they have a vibe fitted with chems)
-Liam Howlett (I don't think this is a good match anymore, but I'm willing to give a try!)

Other interesting fits, but probably won't happen due to cost:

-Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, (grammy/Oscar winning composers/producers, why not...)
-Bjork (both Collab and remix... any type of project is kinda long overdue.)
-John Frusciante (yup, he does electronic music and it's pretty good, too!)

Why not? LH is mega talented beast. I'd love to hear the Prodigy remix of the Chems classic, like Leave Home, or Chembeats.

From myself I'd like to add:

Justice, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Oct 17, 2021, 00:43

Why not? LH is mega talented beast. I'd love to hear the Prodigy remix of the Chems classic, like Leave Home, or Chembeats.
Or... Not Another Drugstore!

From myself I'd like to add:

Justice, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Hol' up. Not a single person thinks the Futureshock remix of Music:Response is up there for best remix? Madness.

I actually made and burned a compilation of remixes of Chems CD back when I was a snot-nosed kid. The CD is back in England in my Chems rack but maybe I can persuade my brother to snap a quick photo (I made a full jewel case sleeve 'n' everything!). It was made during CWU era, so there wasn't anything after that included, sadly.

Anywho, my list of most enjoyed and listened to remixes goes something like this:
• Music:Response (Futureshock Main Response)
• Come With Us (H-Foundation Remix)
• Leave Home (Underworld Mix One)
• The Boxer (DFA Version)
• GTKO (Riton Remix)
• BRB (The Micronauts Remix)
• OOC (Sasha Remix)

Honourable mention for Norman's remix of CWU. Just for how much I listened to it when I was younger. It was exactly my jam when it came out.

Love some of the suggestions for other remixers. Especially Caribou, Jon Hopkins & TEED.
I'll throw in...
• Leon Vynehall
• Tom Middleton (peak Tom would have been nice, not sure he's doing anything these days except trying to help people sleep better).
• Grafix
• Floating Points
• Röyksopp

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Futureshock remix is up there for sure

Dave Clarke's Chemical Beats isn't getting a lot of love here.

It's the perfect example of staying true to the core track while adding something more.

That said, the original remains king.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?