Born In the Echoes

Orbital

Started by Ben_j, Jan 31, 2017, 19:31

Previous topic - Next topic
https://orbital.tmstor.es/products

Re release of the green album in, looks like, the same format as Underworlds superdeluxe re-releases

Did anyone order the Green Album box set? Definitely curious about all those bonus tracks.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 21, 2024, 03:30
Yes! Very interested to hear the other 3 discs when this boxset gets released. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Underworld Super Deluxe editions over the years (and would love if they finally released the A Hundred Days Off one...)

Very anoid by the fact the 4cd box set won't be available in any Dutch stores. Importing from UK will drive the price to around £ 120. Way to much. Same issue expected when the Brown album will get a deluxe boxset release. 

Love the Underworld boxsets. I still need to get my hands on the Beaucoup Fish one, but I am only interested on the box and cd 1&2, can not be bothered by cd 3&4.

Any outside UK fans with for tips to get my hands on 4cd boxset of the green album? 

They're playing
Spoiler
Spoiler
Oxygene
at Coachella right now!! Wow. I bloody love this song.

I thought it would be a Greatest Hits set, but very much not. Pretty cool to see.
The mixing leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately. It's too clean! Sucks a lot of the atmosphere out of the show. Give us more crowd noise!

Thanks for the heads-up, Enjoyed! Just went to the live stream and to  a random marker in the timeline and there it was: Are You Alive? That track's so darn sweet (thanks to you and your recommendation last year or so!!) ! Followed by Halcyon, perfect.

I have to shamefully admit I'm relatively "new" to their discography as I didn't really pay attention to them over years as I did to others. But the more I listen to their stuff the more I could kick my lazy arse. Just listening to IMPACT in the stream, and wow, what an effing sick beat, or should I say Big Beat?!  :o
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2024, 09:50 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yay they are still playing spicy!

The ultimate WTF moment when I saw them play bugged out! Last year.

I cant take orbital seriously on the strength of that track in their live set
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I fell asleep last night before they played. re-watching now.

tip: the coachella youtube continues to re-screen yesterday's sets until today's schedule begins, and you can rewind to find earlier sets.

Quote from: Csar on Apr 14, 2024, 09:20
Thanks for the heads-up, Enjoyed! Just went to the live stream and to  a random marker in the timeline and there it was: Are You Alive? That track's so darn sweet (thanks to you and your recommendation last year or so!!) ! Followed by Halcyon, perfect.

I have to shamefully admit I'm relatively "new" to their discography as I didn't really pay attention to them over years as I did to others. But the more I listen to their stuff the more I could kick my lazy arse. Just listening to IMPACT in the stream, and wow, what an effing sick beat, or should I say Big Beat?!  :o
Snivilisation, In Sides, and Wonky are my go-tos

For their older tracks from Green/Brown albums, you may like their Thirty Something release that has updated mixes of those tracks. Closer to the versions they play live. 

I first heard Halcyon, but Snivilisation was the first album of theirs I picked up. Then went backwards. 

Thanks @neorev for the recommendation! I see that Orbital is on Bandcamp, so I guess there's a buying spree in order.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 14, 2024, 07:17
Spoiler
Oxygene
Ah, ignorant me just realizes we're talking about the same thing! I just love that tune. There's this one particular sound that comes in the first time at 1:58 (in the extended/ instrumental) that gives me all sorts of fuzzy, warm emotions.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Apr 14, 2024, 11:44
Yay they are still playing spicy!
I wasn't sure when the sample came up but when the beat + melody kicks in it's just great. The melody/harmonies even remind me a bit of Midnight Madness
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'll also throw in a good word for The Middle Of Nowhere - to me the best full album experience.

Halcyon+on+on was also my introduction, thanks to the movie Hackers [HACK THE PLANET!!!]. I'd second Neo's recommendation for the Thirty Something album. A great overview of the big tracks, great modern versions, and then you get to delve into the original versions in the original context of their release!

Quote from: Csar on Apr 15, 2024, 20:07
Ah, ignorant me just realizes we're talking about the same thing! I just love that tune. There's this one particular sound that comes in the first time at 1:58 (in the extended/ instrumental) that gives me all sorts of fuzzy, warm emotions.

Oxygene is just their alternative version of Are You Alive? which ended up as a bonus digital only track on some specific versions of the new album. I prefer it to Are You Alive?, which is why I was extra excited that they played it live! French vocals et al!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 15, 2024, 21:09
Oxygene is just their alternative version of Are You Alive? which ended up as a bonus digital only track on some specific versions of the new album. I prefer it to Are You Alive?, which is why I was extra excited that they played it live! French vocals et al!
So much Oui!! That's the best version for me, too, along with the instrumental. 
— Aurora (The Seed)