Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

Push The Button (XDUST7)

Started by Zesty, Jan 13, 2022, 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy 17 years to Push The Button!!!!! (And S2A)
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2022, 13:40 by Zesty
Insomnia.

My memories around this album/era include:

- a once very rambunctious forum with no edit button. The internet was in its final stages of users remaining anonymous. The forum was often devoid of any moderation, so there was a freedom to say just about anything without repercussions. In general, I would say all the forum participants were decent people and or on good behavior, but there was certain members who liked to "Push the Button" on certain topics and created some very interesting times here on the forum.

Furthermore, congrats to those are still around from that era. You guys know who you are, and I don't express it, but thanks for continuing to hang out with me here. To those who have moved on, your names still ring around in my head. There was a lot of fun times here, thanks for sharing your time with us.

- Galvanize flash game, which I seemed to have misplace the link to...

- Artwork is very underrated.

- I wish I somehow gained the nerve and the confidence to go to Coachella 2005.

- I bought this album from Best Buy when they sold music in-store and actually had a half decent music department.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 13, 2022, 21:49

Galvanize flash game, which I seemed to have misplace the link to...

You can't open it anymore on the webs if you find it. All up to date browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera, Safari etc) don't support flash anymore. Good for the interwebs, bad for the Galvanize game. Maybe if you have an old Netscape Navigator running you're in luck.
BUT i can help you => Download my galvanize.swf attachment, it's the game, and then download the Flash Player Projector (CLICK). You don't have to install anything, wouldn't be save anymore, but this Projector is a stand alone running piece of software which alows you to view old flash-files.
Now beat the shit out of that lizzard...

And somehow i also have an (official?) Believe screensaver (for Windows only, sorry Mac & Linux users) to share. But it's quit boring and bit overstrained with modern display resolutions.

Now my 5 cents on PTB:

• it's my least favourite album of them
  • Surface To Air is one of my favourite tracks of them, only Star Guitar is ranked higher. Could be on one but they refused to release a studio version of Snow/Surface
  • i don't like Galvanize as a studio version, but live it's a banger - and it bangs a lot more mashed up with Leave Home like on Don't Think (damn that kicks ass and you instantly start dancing like no one is watching)
  • Believe belongs to the best videos of them
  • Hold Tight London is my second favourite track on PTB
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2022, 15:22 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I'm not a big Push The Button fan either. It and Born In The Echoes are the only Chem albums I can't listen to in full.

I would also love a Snow/Surface studio version.

Actually, it could be cool if Chems did something like Justice with Woman Worldwide, where they took their live show setlist and recorded it in studio form. It works as an awesome reworked hits/mash up album.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 14, 2022, 15:15

• i don't like Galvanize as a studio version, but live it's a banger - and it bangs a lot more mashed up with Leave Home like on Don't Think (damn that kicks ass and you instantly start dancing like no one is watching)

I wasn't into Galvanize either. It felt slow and the Arabic sample was too unique for me, at the time. Eventually, I too, learned to appreciate this track in a live setting. It also helped to eventually hear it with some upgraded sound equipment. To Tom and Ed's credit, this has to be their most recognizable song and probably totally because of that sample. It's almost impossible to be missed at a sporting event here in The United States, let alone it's still used for commercials (Oculus was the last I remember.)

Quote from: neorev on Jan 14, 2022, 20:55

it could be cool if Chems did something like Justice with Woman Worldwide, where they took their live show setlist and recorded it in studio form. It works as an awesome reworked hits/mash up album.
I call for Burst Generator and K+D+B to be in there.
Insomnia.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 14, 2022, 15:15

And somehow i also have an (official?) Believe screensaver (for Windows only, sorry Mac & Linux users) to share. But it's quit boring and bit overstrained with modern display resolutions.

There was also a really cool animation at the opening of the official website, at the time. It was inspired by the back cover art.
There were some clickable sections that emitted sounds extracted from some of the songs. I'm preetty sure I have this flash file saved somewhere in my backups...
Just get yourself high.

I have never listened to this album.

when it came out I had been looking forward to a new album but the singles didn't grab me. I didn't have a lot of expendable income  at the time, and for some reason didn't pirate it, so I never listened to it.

some of the songs later grew on me - first the Boxer (which brought back great memories of the chemical brothers / charlatans remixes of past), and then via live shows Galvanize.

but to date there are songs on it I have probably never heard.

/story

Quote from: shakermaker on Feb 04, 2022, 00:17

to date there are songs on it I have probably never heard.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

when it came out I had been looking forward to a new album but the singles didn't grab me. I didn't have a lot of expendable income  at the time, and for some reason didn't pirate it, so I never listened to it.

some of the songs later grew on me - first the Boxer (which brought back great memories of the chemical brothers / charlatans remixes of past), and then via live shows Galvanize.

but to date there are songs on it I have probably never heard.

/story

Change it, Hold Tight and Close Your Eyes are absolutely worth it!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Here you go!

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Shakermaker, since I consider you my responsibility, make sure you hear "Hold Tight London" from 'Push The Button' and the track "The Big Jump" on the 'Live 05' EP and you're good.

The album version is good ("The Big Jump"), but the live version you can feel the the fun they put into it.

Also, "Spring" (B-side) is worth checking out from this era.

I'm pretty confident you've probably come across "Surface to Air", and if not, "Snow/Surface to Air", is the superior version.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 05, 2022, 08:39

I'm pretty confident you've probably come across "Surface to Air", and if not, "Snow/Surface to Air", is the superior version.

no idea, no idea

much obliged, Bosco! I will do my homework.