0 (0%)
Block Rockin' Beats [Single Version]
0 (0%)
Elektrobank [Full Lenght]
0 (0%)
Get Up On It Like This [Loops Of Fury E.P.]
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

It's cool for an alt mix, and sounds great on headphones. Still, I'm thankful the album version was what it was. The thumping bass of this track was one of the highlights of the album for me when I discovered it and I still love it.

Am I the only one hearing an early HBHG vibe around 6:30 or so?
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I'm getting some Daft Punk Homework/Alive 1997 style jamming vibes on this one, and I love it.

this sounds very reminiscent of some of the live jam versions of IDM from '96-97 gigs
Eight or over.

That (IDM alt mix) was bloody great!!!

I suppose if you love the Setting Sun 1997 live version and or Micronauts remix of Block Rocking Beats, like I do, your trousers are a bit damp after listening to that!

Satur8, you say you hear a bit of HBHG? I was thinking OoC, but that just might be by osmosis, considering their live pairing history.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 29, 2022, 15:02

I'm getting some Daft Punk Homework/Alive 1997 style jamming vibes on this one, and I love it.

yes, this very much

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Apr 29, 2022, 09:20

ABSOLUTELY. EPIC!

11+ minutes of sound-sonic, ear-splitting tek 🙌🙌🙌

PS: Listen to this on headphones, holy s**t! 🔊🔊🔊

It was magical!

YES!!!! FUCK YES!!!! Finally a studio mix! Extended too!!! Thank you Tom & Ed!

Spoiler
Glastonbury sirens too!!
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2022, 18:44 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

MaryAnne Hobbs may ring a bell for those of you obsessed woth 90's radio appearances by the Chems.

"TECHNO TUESDAY ALERT 🚨

We're sitting on a previously unreleased mix of I Love Tekno and we'd love for you to hear it."

📻 @maryannehobbs | Tuesday 24th May from 10:30am 📱 Listen on @BBCSounds

BBC Programmes

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/1528790585477369856
(didn't embed because: emojis)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

When IDM and Elektrobank could've been easily released as some kind of B-Sides to the singles, etc, the I Love Tekno is just what the title says, an alt. mix.
But ngl, It's a pretty good one!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 24, 2022, 09:08

I honestly like this mix a bit better than what was on the album
I like tekno

They put up a few more merch items to celebrate DYOH. Also noticed some existing items on sale, as well as an embroidered shirt and hoody.

https://merch.thechemicalbrothers.com/pages/frontpage

CHEMICAL AMBIENT!
I REPEAT:
CHEMICAL
A M B I E N T

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Ah, you beat me to it!

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1537596626612768768

Feels quite soundtrack-y. Feels like it could have been something great, maybe if it had gone "big" at the end...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 17, 2022, 00:50

Ah, you beat me to it!

Feels quite soundtrack-y. Feels like it could have been something great, maybe if it had gone "big" at the end...
Sounds like something Evil Nine would make for their 1st album. all it needs is a breakbeat hiphop beat
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022, 03:20 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

^ but which breakbeat? The one from Leave Home sounds good, or that breakbeat in piku, or a slower version of WDIB to match it.

Cylinders is praiseworthy! :music
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey all, long time no speak. Still lurking and reading your posts.

So, this Friday is the release of the reissue of DYOH!

I can't wait to place this next to my Surrender box set. I wonder if the release is going to be on time, not heard of any delays, but no dispatch either.

Anyone else eagerly waiting?
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: VMan on Jul 26, 2022, 20:50

Hey all, long time no speak. Still lurking and reading your posts.

So, this Friday is the release of the reissue of DYOH!

I can't wait to place this next to my Surrender box set. I wonder if the release is going to be on time, not heard of any delays, but no dispatch either.

Yeah, I sure am! Ordered both the CD and postcard set, I'm really bloody excited to get my hands on them.

Had to stick a reminder in my phone calendar as to when the records and CDs would release since my brain is getting fuzzier by the day, thankfully it's hammered itself in there now.
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: VMan on Jul 26, 2022, 20:50

Hi folks.
I can confirm the CD is in stock at distribution warehouses across the UK and Europe.

I have not heard of any delays re the vinyl. Lets all keep our fingers and toes crossed we'll see the LP be dispatched either on Friday or early next week 🤞🤞🤞

I got a notice that my 3LP box set was dispatched yesterday, so no apparent delays in production! Should be 2-3 weeks before it arrives in Canada, can't wait!

Same here, but for Europe it says 7-10 days (+ there might be some delays due to covid)

The mail was a welcome suprise because i've already forgotten that i'd pre-ordered it.
no idea, no idea