Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

Embarrising albums you've bought recently

Started by Mob1, Aug 23, 2015, 03:46

Previous topic - Next topic
I love Come With Us - never skip any tracks when I put it on. Finishes on an amazing track too.

Surprised to hear Ed said that about it once.

i have found that having kids has made me feel less about hating stuff or being embarrassed about liking tunes anymore.  my filter for shite tunes has lowered a lot!

am struggling to think of anything i'm embarrased about. seeing the kids enjoy music cheers me up cos it was what i was really into when i was little. 7"'s and record players was what i got into first and even if my daughter is listening to shite pop but enjoying it then thats all cool with me

and as for cwu. some bands take a while to produce a good album and some produce some greats first up and keep going until they cant maintain that momentum.  After the first three, its understandable that cwu wasnt as good but its still quality.  Maybe also the momentum thing. fairly sure it was the longest gap inbetween albums up till that point.  Also, after releasing afrika as an EBW then it getting hammered on radio 1 turned it into an unexpected single and come with us being so huge and star guitar being mind blowing, maybe the rest was a bit of an anti climax.

but yes, all the albums are good, some better than others but I'm proud of their output and the fact they are still going and making tunes with the attitude they do.  They are ambassadors for their artform and i have lost count of the acts they have inspired.  There's loads of acts out there who definitely owe something to the brothers.  I've wittered on again.

Last Edit: Sep 03, 2015, 17:26 by Chops

Come With Us is a great album. CWU -> IBIA -> Galaxy Bounce is a great 13 or so minutes of constant movement. My only issue with the album is that The State We're In should have been half the length. This way, they could have put the full EBW version of IBIA in. The BAOWWWWWWWWWWWW part is my favorite part and it isn't even on the album release.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Sep 04, 2015, 00:47

CWU -> IBIA -> Galaxy Bounce is a great 13 or so minutes of constant movement.

Erm, you forgot about how Galaxy Bounce unexpectedly winds down and melts into Star Guitar, which is 6:27 of heaven on earth...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I seriously don't know what's wrong with CWU. But it's probably the ol' humdrum fanboy-since-the-first-day complaint it ain't being like [put in any of the first 3 albums].
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)