When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Embarrising albums you've bought recently

Started by Mob1, Aug 23, 2015, 03:46

Previous topic - Next topic
record shopping was last week:

Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song w/ Why Does It End? 7" picture disc
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion  - Bellbottoms (UNKLE remix) w/ Flavor (Beck remix)
Primal Scream - Higher Than The Sun (6:43 Orb version) w/ American Spring mix (Andrew Weatherall)
Primal Scream - Movin' On Up w/ Don't Fight It, Feel It (Whistling, Scat, and Graham Massey remixes)
Rabbit In The Moon - Phases Of An Out Of Body Experience
Sylk 130 (aka King Britt) remixes 2 x 12"

Where the hell are you shopping that you can find all this and still go back the next week for more?

1 trip to the only decent record store I know in London and I'm done for a year. It's never been the same experience I used to have going into Tower Records.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Shake It Records, Cincinnati.  I actually got the Primal Scream and Lips at Black Plastic, which is two and a half blocks from the first record store.  There are six other independent record stores within a fifteen minute drive from my house.  Cincinnati sometimes makes me proud. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 25, 2015, 00:56

record shopping was last week:

Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song w/ Why Does It End? 7" picture disc
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion  - Bellbottoms (UNKLE remix) w/ Flavor (Beck remix)
Primal Scream - Higher Than The Sun (6:43 Orb version) w/ American Spring mix (Andrew Weatherall)
Primal Scream - Movin' On Up w/ Don't Fight It, Feel It (Whistling, Scat, and Graham Massey remixes)
Rabbit In The Moon - Phases Of An Out Of Body Experience
Sylk 130 (aka King Britt) remixes 2 x 12"
Really cool records, some classics in there!
But this thread ain't about cool records. Put at least some Ricky Martin or Above & Beyond  on the list and get with the program.

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 25, 2015, 02:28

Above & Beyond.
Ha! I find it so hard to accept that they have anything to do with Anjunadeep.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 25, 2015, 02:43

Ha! I find it so hard to accept that they have anything to do with Anjunadeep.
didn't know they had some good stuff. jay lumen is there.. so maybe anjunadeep doesn't suck dick that much after all.

An album I bought and love privately:
Mac Miller ‎– K.I.D.S. (Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit)
Such a sick suburban whigger, he was 18 when he wrote it. I know it's geared towards 13 year old kids but fuck it's so much fun-
just listen to this track, it's sick.

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 25, 2015, 02:28

Really cool records, some classics in there!
But this thread ain't about cool records. Put at least some Ricky Martin or Above & Beyond  on the list and get with the program.

If I buy something god awful, it is actually with pride.  Such as this...

Don't know why, but there's too many people who are embarrassed of me because I got the Annie Lennox - Medusa album, and I don't care, I love that shit.

Anyway this album I got recently was Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy. Yes I know, how could I, and no... I wasn't on drugs when I bought this, just curious.

This is why it is 100% not embarrassing to enjoy Taylor Swift...

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 13:57

The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button

Come Inside... Hold Tight London... Surface to Air... The Boxer... Believe... Galvanize...
It's not like the whole album is Left Right.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 12:24

This is why it is 100% not embarrassing to enjoy Taylor Swift...

I think this tour confirms Swift IS the music industry. EVERYONE has showed up. I can only imagine how much these guys' managers are paying to get them to play with her thus exposure to Tay Tay's fan base.
Geez I'd like to be Taylor's manager or that white microphone for 10 minutes. 

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 13:57

The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button
That's really offensive. Reported to moderator.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 14:18

Come Inside... Hold Tight London... Surface to Air... The Boxer... Believe... Galvanize...
It's not like the whole album is Left Right.

It's their worst album for me. I only like Believe and Marvo Ging, because it reminds me of Lemon Jelly. The rest is crap. I waited with buying it until it was practically given away free, which was recently.

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 26, 2015, 14:24

That's really offensive. Reported to moderator.

Boo hoo.

I reported your first post because I was embarassed by you writing it 'embarissing', which is wrong.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 14:30 by Nils VIP

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:24

It's their worst album for me. I only like Believe and Marvo Ging, because it reminds me of Lemon Jelly.

My least favourite too. But I could never be embarrassed about an album with the snare drum from Come Inside on it.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 14:29

My least favourite too. But I could never be embarrassed about an album with the snare drum from Come Inside on it.

Come Inside is a weak song compared to some similar tunes on DYOH. They also ruined it by adding the stupid horns halfway. The same goes for Surface to Air, which is an uninspired rip off of TPPR and TSU.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 14:34 by Nils VIP

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:32

The same goes for Surface to Air, which is an uninspired rip off of TPPR and TSU.
This is the silliest thing I've ever heard.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:32

Come Inside is a weak song compared to some similar tunes on DYOH. They also ruined it by adding the stupid horns halfway. The same goes for Surface to Air, which is an uninspired rip off of TPPR and TSU.

It's my least favourite Chems album, having said that it's got some great tracks, including Come Inside. I really like BITE's but it does remind me of PTB in some ways. I have vague recollections of Ed once saying at Turnmills that Come With Us wasn't there best album.

Quote from: ACIDCHILDREN on Aug 26, 2015, 20:23
I have vague recollections of Ed once saying at Turnmills that Come With Us wasn't there best album.
This is certainly true. Their best album is Further. All the other records are bloody brilliant, but none achieves this completely perfect arrangement of songs, without a single weak second on the whole record.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 26, 2015, 20:35

completely perfect arrangement of songs, without a single weak second on the whole record.
Pourquoi?
no idea, no idea

I'm speaking of the "standard" Further, Snow through Wonders Of The Deep.
Pourquoi is fun, but like Don't Think I see it as a stand-alone track.