Hey Boy

Record Store Day 2022

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 16, 2022, 20:03

Previous topic - Next topic
The list is out. Do people still care about this? I guess if something rare by your favourite artist is on there then...yes? Otherwise, perhaps not.
Taylor Swift fans seem vaguely excited/disappointed on social media about The Lakes, whatever that is.

https://twitter.com/BanquetRSDfeed/status/1494012923865354243

Anything caught my eye? Well there's no Chems on there. There might be one or two "chemcial connection" artists though:

Noel Gallagher: Magic Secrets Noel turned out to be an anti-mask guy who was "very reluctant" to get vaccinated, although I believe he eventuallty did get one jab after his doctor called him a fool.

Grand Wizard Theodore, The Fantastic Romantic 5  Can I Get A Soul Clap 'Fresh Out Of The Pack . An artist sampled by the Chems on BRB.

Beth Orton: Trailer Park and Central Reservation. Double vinyl reissues I think.

A couple of Fatboy Slim remixes which probably aren't as good as the originals.

A Weatherall remix of Primal Scream's Shine Like Stars which is already on YouTube and in the latest re-released box set version of Scremadelica.

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy Remix Album

Prince's The Gold Experience Deluxe has no Chemical connection but is vaguely interesting to me (If I can listen for free!).

I haven't looked at the American list to see what (if anything) is different, because I'm just too lazy!

UK RSD website
UK PDF list thingy

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I actually quite like that Purple Disco Machine mix of "Praise You", so that's of some interest. Haven't checked the North American RSD list yet

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 16, 2022, 20:03

Prince's The Gold Experience Deluxe has no Chemical connection but is vaguely interesting to me (If I can listen for free!).

This one here samples Prince =>

https://soundcloud.com/thepumisher/the-salmon-dance-reconstructed
no idea, no idea

The two Fatboy remixes are both decent. I think its mostly for people who collect stuff from the artists - its a pretty good list to be fair.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023