Music That Triggers Some Kind of Response

Chems magazine clippings

Started by Modularsynthbabe, Feb 25, 2022, 18:12

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello!! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster on this website!!
I made a Google drive folder of some chemical brothers magazine clippings I have, and although it's probably nothing new, I thought they might be of interest to some of you. Some of these aren't great in quality so if anyone wants a version of the photo in higher quality I'll be more than willing to send those through:•) enjoy !!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15Eunu2ToEmMq76oZtNNGEiihAFW2TDvX

Also please correct me if there is any problems regarding copyright etc :•)

Welcome! And I appreciate you compiling all these clippings/articles. I don't have the time to do a hard look through, but did you come across Rolling Stone magazine ever doing a feature on them which was not an album review?

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 25, 2022, 19:31

Welcome! And I appreciate you compiling all these clippings/articles. I don't have the time to do a hard look through, but did you come across Rolling Stone magazine ever doing a feature on them which was not an album review?

I'll have a look for you! I'll update if I find anything. I have a couple stand alone interviews and features, but most of them are around DYOH / surrender era.

I guess this is an open question to anyone with a Rolling Stone subscription (or likeminded publisher) that seeks out their physical magazine... but do all web articles nowadays get published onto the physical release? I literally have not purchased a magazine sine the mid 2000's and never put thought into this until now.

I would guess no, just based upon the vast coverage and limited space they have for the physical magazine.

I have to say personally it has been so hard to find any chemical brothers articles in physical magazines that were made after 2011ish. I remember there being a few no geography articles that were posted on the internet for Q mag (??) in 2019 which I went looking for in the magazine, to no avail. Such a shame!!

Quote from: Modularsynthbabe on Feb 25, 2022, 20:02

I have to say personally it has been so hard to find any chemical brothers articles in physical I remember there being a few no geography articles that were posted on the internet for Q mag (??) in 2019 which I went looking for in the magazine, to no avail. Such a shame!!

I posted a DL link to Screenshots for that Q Mag thing here on the forum. Click.
I'm sure it was in the hard copy Magazine too. I reckon I looked at it in a Newsagent at the time.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 25, 2022, 20:51

I posted a DL link to Screenshots for that Q Mag thing here on the forum. Click.
I'm sure it was in the hard copy Magazine too. I reckon I looked at it in a Newsagent at the time.

Ahh I was mistaken!! I've been looking for these forever, thanks!!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 25, 2022, 19:31

Hey guys,
I had a quick rummage through my clippings, and I found two Rolling Stone mag articles, one from the U.S 🇺🇸 one from April 1997 & the other from the Australian one from 2000. I hope the photos are ok quality to read the articles
Bosco; are these the ones your were thinking?

Quote from: Modularsynthbabe on Feb 25, 2022, 18:12

Hello!! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster on this website!!
I made a Google drive folder of some chemical brothers magazine clippings I have, and although it's probably nothing new, I thought they might be of interest to some of you. Some of these aren't great in quality so if anyone wants a version of the photo in higher quality I'll be more than willing to send those through:•) enjoy !!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15Eunu2ToEmMq76oZtNNGEiihAFW2TDvX

By the way, welcome to the Forum Lucie!
Loving these clippings you've got. So many I have not seen. Thank you for taking time out to share them with us all 👏 ✄ 🔥

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Feb 26, 2022, 05:45

By the way, welcome to the Forum Lucie!
Loving these clippings you've got. So many I have not seen. Thank you for taking time out to share them with us all 👏 ✄ 🔥

Ahh thank you!! You guys are so nice hahaha. Those rolling stone articles were so interesting, I've never seen them before. I never knew the end of elektrobank was Tom on the guitar?!