Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

2022/09/25 - Live at Portola Festival San Francisco

Started by remyvice, May 16, 2022, 00:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MadPooter on May 20, 2022, 17:20

What's with the additional service charge on an additional ticket when it's the same transaction?

They charge you more for just buying an extra ticket? Damn bro! AXS gotta chill Yep! 27 bucks for the regular service charge. Fac fee is 4, whatever that means.

Scored one! Ready to dance with Dr awesome!

Now to find a hotel!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: MadPooter on May 20, 2022, 17:20
One thing--Fuck AXS multiple service charges per ticket. Seriously, per ticket? Should be per order.

isn't this standard? every major ticket vendor has charged an outrageous per-ticket fee plus a nominal per-order fee for as long as I remember. it's one of my favorite things to complain about.

Service fees are standard, sure. But it doesn't make sense for a service fee to be added on a per-ticket basis when there is only one transaction.

If I were to have bought 4 tickets I would be paying an extra $100, and arguably there was no change in the amount of processing or handling on AXS's side.

It's just dishonest--it's ripping people off in a minor way, and no one can do much about it.

Grinds my gears I tell ya.

we have a large ticketvendor in germany called eventim, and there was a time when they charged a fee for print@home tickets
no idea, no idea

Ticket "providers" are the most useless shits in the entire universe and are run by people who obviously don't even like music and for whom the day they discovered sex went beyond the missionary position was the most devastating moment of their lives.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: MadPooter on May 21, 2022, 19:11

Service fees are standard, sure. But it doesn't make sense for a service fee to be added on a per-ticket basis when there is only one transaction.

you're yet. yet the per-ticket service fee has been normal for as long as I can remember here in USA. worse yet, they are getting to be a larger % of the face value over time.

I will be there with my dancing boots on and dammit I want to be out there in the mix dancing with friends this time to make up for the last SF show where I had to bail early! And I was in the worst mood ever that day! So I'm ready for a San Francisco Chemical re-do!

Mr. Stash and our offspring Connor will also be in attendance. 😆

Can't waaaaaaaaait!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Pooter texted me this afternoon informing me of this show.

YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

This is 2 days before my birthday.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

dothebay has a contest for tickets if anyone is interested.

http://dothebay.com/r/Dmpx/events/12985553

(full disclosure: I'll get an extra entry for each person who enters via the above link.)

Now we have the Whirls family and the infamous Ryno added to the meetup!

Hey we could do Smugglers cove again for Ryno's pre-bday bash perhaps! .

Whirls! Maybe I forget but why did you have to leave early from the SF show?

Very excited to see all of you again very soon. And for you new faces that I haven't seen yet, I'm looking forward to new conversations and geeking out everything chems related and much more.

From the last SF show

Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022, 14:32 by inchemwetrust

Happy for all you folk, looks to be another solid gathering in the making. But really, I'm more upset about potentially missing out on another tiki bar hangout.
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2022, 04:56 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 08, 2022, 02:59

But really, I'm more upset up potentially missing out on another tiki bar hangout.

I hear Denver has rum too  8)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 07, 2022, 14:26

Whirls! Maybe I forget but why did you have to leave early from the SF show?

Very excited to see all of you again very soon. And for you new faces that I haven't seen yet, I'm looking forward to new conversations and geeking out everything chems related and much more.

From the last SF show

I am so freaking excited! We are headed to San Francisco the Friday evening before the festival. I am not sure what our schedules are going to look like or if we will be able to squeeze in a visit to get some tiki umbrella drinks. But meeting inside the festival is a must!

The timing of the last San Francisco show was all wrong for me. It was my fault as I overcommitted in the first place. When I booked my time for San Francisco, I had forgotten about a family milestone event I RSVP'd to earlier which was for the Sunday morning after the show. Anyway, we had a flight out the next morning at a reasonable hour. We'd be tired from the festivities, but it was doable. Fast forward to the day... Aside from my life kind of being a mess at the time, not 5 minutes into the show and we got a message that our flight was cancelled and we were scheduled for another flight that directed us to Seattle, then back to Los Angeles where we'd be touching down *after* the family event 🤦‍♀️ We had to make some calls and reschedule. That really did us in. The folks at the door graciously let us out and re-enter but we had lost a good 15 - 20 minutes of the show. Once back in, we had lost our seats and had to relocate further up. I couldnt even see my forum people out on the floor. :( My husband was having a hard time with the crowding and the gargantuan cloudbursts of San Francisco's finest herbal blends, and we now had a much earlier flight we had to catch that we were stressing over. It was just sad. We left shortly after Golden Path. So that's my sad story. The end, lol!!

I hope to make it up and get a chance to properly enjoy a Chems SF show this time!! And I can't wait to see some familiar faces and meet new ones too. ❤️

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 07, 2022, 14:26

Wait...what makes me so infamous....

Funny part is, I haven't drank in almost a year and a half (Feb 2021). But I'm not averse to returning to Smugglers. Can we let errol know ahead of time that we going to hopefully put a bug in the ears of certain people....
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

even better is I'm 23 this time, so If (and that's a fat IF, because of money & work) I'm able to, I can join y'all this time.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: rynostar on Jun 13, 2022, 19:24

Wait...what makes me so infamous....

Oh crap!  :o

Just fyi I know what the definition of the word is, but actually I was referring to this definition of 'infamous' given by the three amigos! Their kind of my heroes!  ;D

Last Edit: Jun 16, 2022, 00:33 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jun 09, 2022, 23:36

Fast forward to the day... Aside from my life kind of being a mess at the time, not 5 minutes into the show and we got a message that our flight was cancelled and we were scheduled for another flight that directed us to Seattle, then back to Los Angeles where we'd be touching down *after* the family event 🤦‍♀️ We had to make some calls and reschedule. That really did us in. The folks at the door graciously let us out and re-enter but we had lost a good 15 - 20 minutes of the show. Once back in, we had lost our seats and had to relocate further up. I couldnt even see my forum people out on the floor. :( My husband was having a hard time with the crowding and the gargantuan cloudbursts of San Francisco's finest herbal blends, and we now had a much earlier flight we had to catch that we were stressing over. It was just sad. We left shortly after Golden Path. So that's my sad story. The end, lol!!

I hope to make it up and get a chance to properly enjoy a Chems SF show this time!! And I can't wait to see some familiar faces and meet new ones too. ❤️

Damn! I didn't know you guys went through all that crap, especially the return flight. I would've had an anxiety attack if it ever came down to that.

Whatever I can do to assist or maximize your enjoyment for the coming show let me know. And that pretty much goes for everybody that's tagging along.

Currently practicing dancing and jumping prior to the show. I'm out of shape!

So, has anyone got their hotel plans taken care of yet? Found one near Pier 80, which is about a 10 min drive to the show.

Planning to drive out there again and arrive Saturday. The last time was an awesome drive (scenic too)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 21, 2022, 06:27

So, has anyone got their hotel plans taken care of yet? Found one near Pier 80, which is about a 10 min drive to the show.

Planning to drive out there again and arrive Saturday. The last time was an awesome drive (scenic too)

We have a hotel on the edge of China Town and North Beach - it's about a 15 minute drive from Pier 80.  We will be flying up Friday night beforehand.

I hope the place you found offers free parking!