Where Do I Begin?

2022/09/25 - Live at Portola Festival San Francisco

Started by remyvice, May 16, 2022, 00:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mesamm99 on Oct 07, 2022, 02:35

I've been on a non stop listening bonanza of the lives Chems sets. Portola was a treat to experience in person and amazing that we now have the audio as a keep sake.

It has been an invigorating experience to dive back into the beginning live shows and listen to the progression of their live shows over all these years.

It got me thinking... and forgive me if this already exists, but would we have the ability to create a website like this: https://www.ninlive.com/home.html

Put all of the Chems live audio and video into one collection? The Chems are my favorite band and I could honestly listen to only them for months on end. Their live show allows us all to dive in deeper to what they have to offer. I have a lot of their live sets from all these years and have been fortunate to attend a good handful of shows. There was a time when I missed out because of travel costs or life to see certain tours. I've been thankful to so many of you for sharing the lives sets and thinking it would be fun to have it in a place to share with all current and new fans.

I'm sure there are website logistics, hosting, costs, and perhaps band/label approval. Might be a fun project to dive into going into this winter. Thoughts?

bumping this. I know there is a semi-public ftp by our own Ben_j, but maybe we should go a bit more public with this?

Furthermore, did our live recording hero BoldCaptain make any of these 2022 US shows?
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2022, 09:32 by Bosco

Right on. More than happy to bring this forward. Would love to help out or take the lead. I'm not a web person but think it could be very wiki oriented and organized in fashion by year / tour along with flyers, set list, venue, recordings, any additional info we can come up with. Our fan base is strong and I'm sure we have a lot of these things already in our possession for more of the already collected sets. Let me know what I can do.

Attaching my first flyer / ticket.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Oct 18, 2022, 00:41

Right on. More than happy to bring this forward. Would love to help out or take the lead. I'm not a web person but think it could be very wiki oriented and organized in fashion by year / tour along with flyers, set list, venue, recordings, any additional info we can come up with. Our fan base is strong and I'm sure we have a lot of these things already in our possession for more of the already collected sets. Let me know what I can do.

Attaching my first flyer / ticket.

Love the stub and flyer!

Actually, there was an attempt at a wiki by a former forum member, Whitenoise, that lost momentum. It was recently brought back to attention this summer and supposedly was placed in charged of another forum member, Zesty. Whether this a current work in progress, I don't know...

As for myself, I have an unofficial list of dates they have done in North America. This is mostly me entertaining my unhealthy obsession of predicting and understanding their scheduling. Most of these dates can be confirmed by searching the bowels of the internet, but some are unconfirmed (Hawaii date being one). But I also created the thread because I figured it would be a good spot for people to tell their stories from shows of old, and share goodies like your tour flyer and ticket stub. Hope if anything people can learn from this list is, if you're truly honest about seeing them, don't hesitate. Dates are getting fewer and father between.

So anyways about your proposed idea... I'm not the guy to take the lead of any greater project, but I'm willing to contribute were I can.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 07, 2022, 21:01

At least you asked them from what K+D+B is the acronym of - or haven't you?

I forgot...

..and I know what you're already gonna say so I'll do it myself..

OFF WITH MY HEAD!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 08, 2022, 01:03

In your video above at 1:05 we can see Benedict Wong who I guess is kind of a big deal these days thanks to to the Dr Strange films.

Incidentally, in the same way that EML Ritual's visuals were basically a remake of a scene from  Truffaut's The 400 Blows, so these visual seem to be a remake of Kenneth Anger's The Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome:

That was Wong the whole time? Damn we need the Chems to score a Marvel movie.

Ive never seen this 'pleasure dome' till now! Thanks for clarifying my vid and its origins!

I have one more that I was able to retrieve from the deleted files

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 20, 2022, 23:18

I forgot...

..and I know what you're already gonna say so I'll do it myself..

OFF WITH MY HEAD!

;D
no idea, no idea

I thought it was already canon that the acronym stands for Kraut+Dumplings+Beer

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 21, 2022, 08:23

I thought it was already canon that the acronym stands for Kraut+Dumplings+Beer

Kraut+dumpings+bratwurst actually...

You'll find no argument from me to sub for beer though.

K+d+b has been part of my diet for the better part of this month

EDIT: LOL, DUMPLINGS!
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2022, 06:36 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 21, 2022, 14:23

Kraut+dumpings+bratwurst actually...

You'll find no argument from me to sub for beer though.

K+d+b has been part of my diet for the better part of this month
So, you dump your Bratwürste? How dare you!
Last Edit: Oct 23, 2022, 10:16 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 21, 2022, 18:42

So, you dump your Bratwürste? How dare you!

LOL!!! Thanks for catching that typo. "Dump-ing" is slang in American english for taking a shit. So I just admitted to eating shit all month.  :))

Last Edit: Oct 24, 2022, 06:51 by Bosco

I don't know how kosher this is but I created a cue sheet for the portola recording that is floating around. 

of course this raises interesting questions of what is considered a 'track' but I decided to go by the setlist.fm listing assuming that someone else has done that work for me already. then there is the task of determining where each track begins, which we could probably debate for hours, but this is where to my ear I would expect each track start if I were to jump straight to it. I also tried including the come with us intro and pause before escape velocity as pre-gaps, which I'm still debating the merits of. 

anyway I figured I'd share, definitely open to feedback if anyone tries it out.

PERFORMER "The Chemical Brothers"
TITLE "2022-09-25 - Live at Portola, San Francisco, CA, USA"
FILE "2022-09-25_Live at Portola San Francisco.mp3" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Block Rockin' Beats"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 02:27:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Song to the Siren/C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L"
    INDEX 01 04:29:40
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Go"
    INDEX 01 05:33:45
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "MAH"
    INDEX 01 10:03:00
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "No Reason to Live"
    INDEX 01 16:10:75
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Hey Boy Hey Girl"
    INDEX 01 21:53:00
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Eve of Destruction"
    INDEX 01 27:21:20
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chemical Beats"
    INDEX 01 32:09:00
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dreaming"
    INDEX 01 34:32:00
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Under the Influence/Dig Your Own Hole/Get Up on it Like This"
    INDEX 01 40:10:00
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Three Little Birdies Down Beats/Setting Sun"
    INDEX 01 47:04:45
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Got to Keep On"
    INDEX 01 49:30:00
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Wide Open"
    INDEX 01 57:19:50
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Escape Velocity/No Geography/The Golden Path"
    INDEX 00 62:43:00
    INDEX 01 62:56:00
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Hoops/The Golden Path/Free Yourself/EML Ritual"
    INDEX 01 70:49:00
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    TITLE "Out of Control/Do It Again"
    INDEX 01 73:38:00
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    TITLE "Temptation/Star Guitar"
    INDEX 01 76:45:00
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
    TITLE "Swoon"
    INDEX 01 82:54:00
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
    TITLE "Galvanize"
    INDEX 01 87:74:00

Hate to bump an old thread 👉👈 but after looking at the cue sheet and the re uploaded video clips, I think the audio of this show that I've been listening too might be a different recording. Would love to confirm/compare. If anyone could dm me the one thats been discussed here I would be thankful :) 

Hi there and welcome.

This is the set, although it's cut short and missing about 20 min.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

finally got around to framing this. very happy with it.