My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

Forum massive ban

Started by ZestyTwo, May 29, 2022, 20:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, im zesty but i had to make a new account because my other one got banned, I know that all gmail accounts got banned, so do we know when this could be fixed? :(

Hi Zesty,

yeah, I'm the culprit who's responsible for the disturbance. On Sunday I accidentally used a domain-ban instead of a regular one but noticed that mistake only when I tried to reload the page. So, I've effectively banned myself as well and can't correct the error. I reached out to two fellow admins and hope that they'll be able to reverse it as soon as possible.

I'm deeply sorry for all the chaos!!
You get a ban, and you get a ban - everyone gets a ban!

Oh god, thank you guys!!! That guy above should be banned!!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

You say of with the head?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Csar-Ban-Criminal on May 30, 2022, 08:27

Hi Zesty,

yeah, I'm the culprit who's responsible for the disturbance. On Sunday I accidentally used a domain-ban instead of a regular one but noticed that mistake only when I tried to reload the page. So, I've effectively banned myself as well and can't correct the error. I reached out to two fellow admins and hope that they'll be able to reverse it as soon as possible.

I'm deeply sorry for all the chaos!!

Oh, so they were talking the truth.
But I remember, that I had a similar problem with getting banned, so I wrote to you on messenger, it was like back in 2019 I suppose.

I think, that the new album might be a great opportunity to do some necessary changes in the forum system, if possible.

But I'm happy, that everything's back to normal, let's hope that it won't happen again, but not gonna lie, there were some annoying spam accounts on the forum lately, some of which I reported myself
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Hi JRSZ!

Quote from: JRSZ on May 31, 2022, 23:43

Oh, so they were talking the truth.
I'm not sure who you mean by "they"?

But I remember, that I had a similar problem with getting banned, so I wrote to you on messenger, it was like back in 2019 I suppose.

Well, I assume it had to do with the domain that was probably unknown/suspicious to me that might have caused that ban. Usually I do a background check on those things before I block domains just to avoid things like that from happening.
This time though, I had multiple tabs open with bots I wanted to take care of and I confused one with the other.

I think, that the new album might be a great opportunity to do some necessary changes in the forum system, if possible.
Funny you should mention that. We are currently working on some updates to the forum as the platform provider released a new version of their software. It'll take some time, though, since we have to tweak the new version's theme because the old one does not work entirely with the new design/features they have implemented.

But I'm happy, that everything's back to normal, let's hope that it won't happen again, but not gonna lie, there were some annoying spam accounts on the forum lately, some of which I reported myself
All the mods are doing their best but sometimes one or two bots slip through the tight net. I proactively ban accounts before they can post almost on a daily basis. But this is nothing like the spam bot blitzkrieg we had some years ago:)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thought I was banned but Csar let me back in. Whatever. I can't even be a loser correctly.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jun 01, 2022, 16:33

Thought I was banned but Csar let me back in. Whatever. I can't even be a loser correctly.

Hey! We're not losers here... we just geek a lot

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 01, 2022, 17:34
Hey! We're not losers here... we just geek a lot

Nooooo...not you guys...I just was calling myself a loser for getting banned from the cool kids.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jun 01, 2022, 18:30

Nooooo...not you guys...I just was calling myself a loser for getting banned from the cool kids.

Last Edit: Jun 01, 2022, 20:50 by Explud

Quote from: Csar on Jun 01, 2022, 09:35

Hi JRSZ!
I'm not sure who you mean by "they"?

Oh, sorry.
By "them" I meant our crew on the Piku Playground Discord server, as some people were talking about getting banned, etc.

I think, that I might just ask them to bring me their forum usernames to help y'all a bit.

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Unless they had very specific email domains, the chances are they just got hit with the same accidental 'gmail' ban that Csar was talking about - which has now been resolved. Get 'em to try logging in, if they haven't already. And if they have, then yeah, send one of the mods a list of their email addresses/usernames and we can figure it out!

Apologies for any inconvenience!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

The issue should be resolved. Sandelic told me that you might have to delete your browser cookies which also worked for Kosek. So that's probably the reason for some still not able to log in.
— Aurora (The Seed)