How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

2022/09/23 - Live at 1stBank Center - Denver Colorado

Started by Bosco, Jun 01, 2022, 02:42

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.axs.com/events/435774/the-chemical-brothers-tickets
Tix on sale Friday (June 3rd), but you can access the pre-sale this Wednesday (June 1st) at 10 AM MT (code: pushthebutton)

Bumping the convo from the other live thread:

Quote from: MadPooter on May 31, 2022, 16:36

Just got notice of a gig in *Denver* on the 23rd!!!
Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 31, 2022, 17:12

Denver? What the hell? They haven't been their since 2007! Nice find pooter!

If there's no other Cali dates, this might be do-able!
Quote from: Bosco on May 31, 2022, 17:25

They last played Denver in 2010 for Further tour

Probably gonna buy a ticket and hope this works out for me. Love that it's on a Friday and it's an actual concert rather than festival. Very tempted to take Amtrak and make weekend adventure out of it.

Bad- The venue doesn't look like anything special.

Good- The Avalanches support.

Mountain Timers, REJOICE!!!
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022, 05:47 by Bosco

back in the game, bitches. let the countdown begin.

Does this mean a chance of Portland Oregon Announcements? I don't think they been round here since 1999 (or 2002)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 01, 2022, 17:26

back in the game, bitches. let the countdown begin.

(I'm also in. Can't wait. Someone should start looking for a good place to meet for food!)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Shhhhh.

I may or may not be going to this show too.

Emphasis on the first part.

Except replace "may" with "I bought tickets."

Here are some words for a fifth line on this post.

Nice to see you guys hop on board (if only in ticket form)!

I haven't been to Denver much, and my visit was brief when I did visit. So if anyone has any travelers tips for the area or where to stay, that would be helpful.

From what I gathered LoDo/Business District area seems the place to be to keep things convenient. Being close to Union Station is a big plus for me because I'd be utilizing the Light Rail/Flatiron Flyer Bus system they have. For the uninformed, it transports to the venue (1stBank Center), and also the Airport. Union Station is also the destination for long hauling type that might take Amtrak into town  8).
Last Edit: Jun 04, 2022, 02:03 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 03, 2022, 19:57

...if anyone has any travelers trips for the area or where to stay, that would be helpful.

Ditto. Probably looking to stay over the weekend and fly back Sunday evening.

Park, food, and hotel recommendations welcome!

I'm potentially looking at arriving on that Thursday/Friday and probably hanging around till Sunday as well.

I'm a bit of a Baseball guy, and The Rockies are at home while I would be in Denver so I would like to catch a game while I'm there. Preferably on Thursday afternoon (22nd) when the play the San Francisco Giants.

Friday would be reserved for the concert (obviously).

Saturday, would be the secondary day to catch a baseball game (they play the San Diego Padres), OR possibly renting a car for the day and or finding transport to Estes Park area and hit the trailheads for the better part of the day. I'd probably only do Estes Park/hiking if I can successfully find someone else interested in the forum traveling party or convince a cohort from my own circle to take this trip with me.

Of course all this could easily change if The Chemical Brothers dump another date on us that would affect this trip.

Just airing some thoughts, and what I would potentially like to do.

P.S. If you got deep pockets, Pearl Jam plays Denver Thursday evening (22nd), too.

According to the AXS ticket page, they have premium suite tickets available. It looks like your corralled together with other suite ticket holders, but I suppose it's an option for those who like the benefit of an elevated view and not be stuck in the crowd.

Doesn't say anything about being catered or stocked with beverages. Based on cost, I would say no.

Should be noted That Denver's NHL team is named the 'Avalanche', and they just so happened to win the Stanley Cup last night. Obviously, a funny coincidence. They (The Avalanches) should look into cross promotion of this gig.

So I'm honestly torn between going to denver or Frisco. seeing sonar got me considering for real. I'm setting money aside but hotels are gonna be tricky.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

As much as I hate flying with every last bit of my soul, I'm probably going to finally pull the trigger on ticket, hotel/hostel, and flight from Cincinnati this week.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jul 23, 2022, 04:08

As much as I hate flying with every last bit of my soul, I'm probably going to finally pull the trigger on ticket, hotel/hostel, and flight from Cincinnati this week.

Have you looked up Amtrak if you're not a fan of flying? I was highly considering taking it until I nabbed some really good airfare with South West. Which, by the way, you might want to check as well because there seems to be really good deals with them if you're a little flexible with your schedule (assuming they service your preferred airport).

@Conn6or, maybe take a look into hostels over hotels if money is tight.

Public transport looks pretty plentiful in the Denver area, guys. https://www.rtd-denver.com/. If you route yourself through Google Maps they'll give you suggestions for specific public transport lines that take you to your destination (including 1stBank Center).

Good luck, guys.

Good news! Tickets are being offered for $35 via AXS! Great feeling for those who bought early... ::)

oh yeah, and a month away! LET'S GO!!!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 24, 2022, 03:52

Good news! Tickets are being offered for $35 via AXS! Great feeling for those who bought early... ::)

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 24, 2022, 03:52

oh yeah, and a month away! LET'S GO!!!

Ticket bought, flight and hotel booked.  Denver, I'll see you there.

I JUST remembered that The Avalanches are DJing before hand.

LET'S GO!