The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

2022/09/23 - Live at 1stBank Center - Denver Colorado

Started by Bosco, Jun 01, 2022, 02:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Tentative deal struck this morning. Biden intervenes and patches the hole. Democrats really going balls out to not let the mending economy waver before midterm elections.

Anywho, happy for the workers and avert from fueling inflation. Crazy how fast headlines change nowadays.

(insert photoshoped Biden with NES power glove)

Now, back to Denver/Broomfield on September 23rd, and it becoming the center of the universe for a couple of hours...

This is why employers want their employees back in the office. So things like this NEVER happen.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 15, 2022, 18:23

Now, back to Denver...

I'd like to take things off-topic again with this advert from 1996. Directed by some guy called Michel Gondry. Yes '96, pre-Matrix. I actually remember this from the time.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 15, 2022, 23:15

I'd like to take things off-topic again with this advert from 1996. Directed by some guy called Michel Gondry. Yes '96, pre-Matrix. I actually remember this from the time.

But did Mr. Gondry have Keanu?

And since we are talking Matrix 1999, lest we forget Columbine school shooting of Littleton, Colorado (suburb of Denver) was in 1999. Matrix was released weeks prior to shooting and would later be marked as a influence (trench coats, sunglasses, guns, US vs. "The Machine") to the Columbine shooters.

Dylan Klebold (One of the Columbine shooters) was a Chemical Brothers fan. There's journal entries and yearbook signings with him citing the title of his favorite track,'Chico's Groove'. Even photos of him with The Chemical Brothers red Setting Sun shirt which only could be obtained through seeing them live. This means he saw the live in Denver, 1997.

So if you let that settle in, and bend history a bit where Dylan can subdue his psychotic and monstrous episode... He most likely would be a contributor on the forum. He most likely would've been at the legendary Red Rocks show. He would be attending next week. He would be one of us!!!

So let me ask you out there, who's ready to meetup with strangers who are Chemical Brother fans next Friday. Are we really who we say we are...

How's that for an unsettling way to bring this topic full circle?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 16, 2022, 10:31

:)) full circle!

Next on the agenda: time is a FLAT circle.

Happy Friday everyone. We one week away!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 28, 2022, 19:39

Welcome aboard  8)

Hahahaha pure joy
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Flight leaves Cincinnati at 9am est, staying a 35 minute walk to the venue, flight leaves 3:16pm Saturday (Denver time).  Might go see Hyperactive and Trevor Lamont 2 blocks from my house that night.  Then, the following Saturday, driving up to Chicago to see The Avalanches live at Metro and coming back Monday.  Then Cincinnati's got Claude Young at a warehouse party the following Saturday, 4 days of the amazing and enormous BLINK festival the following week, and going to Louisville Halloween weekend for Luke Vibert, Posthuman, and Kenny Larkin at HellHouse.  Fuck, I'm too old for this shit.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 16, 2022, 20:05

Flight leaves Cincinnati at 9am est, staying a 35 minute walk to the venue, flight leaves 3:16pm Saturday (Denver time).  Might go see Hyperactive and Trevor Lamont 2 blocks from my house that night.  Then, the following Saturday, driving up to Chicago to see The Avalanches live at Metro and coming back Monday.  Then Cincinnati's got Claude Young at a warehouse party the following Saturday, 4 days of the amazing and enormous BLINK festival the following week, and going to Louisville Halloween weekend for Luke Vibert, Posthuman, and Kenny Larkin at HellHouse.  Fuck, I'm too old for this shit.

I feel old just reading this.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 16, 2022, 04:34

But did Mr. Gondry have Keanu?

And since we are talking Matrix 1999, lest we forget Columbine school shooting of Littleton, Colorado (suburb of Denver) was in 1999. Matrix was released weeks prior to shooting and would later be marked as a influence (trench coats, sunglasses, guns, US vs. "The Machine") to the Columbine shooters.

Dylan Klebold (One of the Columbine shooters) was a Chemical Brothers fan. There's journal entries and yearbook signings with him citing the title of his favorite track,'Chico's Groove'. Even photos of him with The Chemical Brothers red Setting Sun shirt which only could be obtained through seeing them live. This means he saw the live in Denver, 1997.

So if you let that settle in, and bend history a bit where Dylan can subdue his psychotic and monstrous episode... He most likely would be a contributor on the forum. He most likely would've been at the legendary Red Rocks show. He would be attending next week. He would be one of us!!!

So let me ask you out there, who's ready to meetup with strangers who are Chemical Brother fans next Friday. Are we really who we say we are...

How's that for an unsettling way to bring this topic full circle?

semi-off topic but my friend and i have wanted to remake that exact setting sun t-shirt until we realized the connections between it and the tragedy that took place and this...weird fascination terminally online people have with it

i'm still unsure whether or not to go ahead with it as a fan activity or if the taboo would render it inappropriate, we had been wanting to find/make more merch lol

and i wonder if the chems themselves even know much about it cos it's all just freaky,,,not to add to the darkness but it's just...sad and disturbing,luckily we're FAR from that now and the fandom is (presumably) sane!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Sep 19, 2022, 19:44

semi-off topic but my friend and i have wanted to remake that exact setting sun t-shirt until we realized the connections between it and the tragedy that took place and this...weird fascination terminally online people have with it

i'm still unsure whether or not to go ahead with it as a fan activity or if the taboo would render it inappropriate, we had been wanting to find/make more merch lol

and i wonder if the chems themselves even know much about it cos it's all just freaky,,,not to add to the darkness but it's just...sad and disturbing,luckily we're FAR from that now and the fandom is (presumably) sane!

Some years ago the topic of Columbine came up in a discussion I had with Ed. We didn't talk a ton about it very much as, it just came up as part of a bigger discussion we were having. They are aware as obviously it is a sad and disturbing connection...
But.. Please don't let that deter you from doing what you want to do with recreating that shirt. It's obvious it would come from a place of respect and fandom. ❤️
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Been in Colorado since yesterday, and I found out this morning it's a prairie dog sanctuary.

Other than that, poor weather to start, but looks like it's gonna be a lovely weekend!

8)

All of you be safe and sound on your trips. Wishing you a best show possible and a sprinkle of glint.

Looking forward to the post carnage report.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.