Free Yourself

Under the Influence 2002 Remake

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Oct 20, 2017, 06:53

Previous topic - Next topic
I dunno where's best to post this but I remade one of my favorite live moments from the brothers. I've been working on a DJ set for about a year (would've been done faster if I ain't to picky about how it sounds)

backstory is I've been working on this remix for about as long and has gone through many updates on soundcloud. Im kinda sad yet relieved I've gotten this done. So without further Ado this is the remake of Under The Influence from the 2002 sets.

https://soundcloud.com/user-687453084/under-the-influence-live-final-remake-for-real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txm0tEQUS6w&ab_channel=ITSCS117

EDIT: HOLY H***!!!! 21 recent plays since this post? Thanks everybody!

Link to the 5bar loop:
Spoiler
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018, 19:13 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Hah, very nice one!) Acid partition is pretty close, what did you used for that?

P.S. It's a curse for the producers, who's using a lot of samples in their music: you should be ready for, that cover version of your track will sound pretty close.
P.P.S. Liked the "revolution" sample. Tom'n'Ed, you should make a note on this one)
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 20, 2017, 10:39

Hah, very nice one!) Acid partition is pretty close, what did you used for that?

P.S. It's a curse for the producers, who's using a lot of samples in their music: you should be ready for, that cover version of your track will sound pretty close.
P.P.S. Liked the "revolution" sample. Tom'n'Ed, you should make a note on this one)

I had help from a guy on another forum for the bassline, I couldnt figure it out on FL so I used his sample and put it together in Audacity. I linked it in the description on soundcloud, only difference was [the original] was slow by 3% so I sped it up and pasted it over a live recording from the bros themselves to sync it up.
Last Edit: Oct 21, 2017, 07:01 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

This is awesome. Well done and thank you for sharing!
Eight or over.

I approve of this remake Conn6or! Well Done!

Oh and welcome to the brotherhood!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

wow ! i've got a one year son, and since ten days, i give him some chemical lessons ! and i was asking how to remake this mad sound wich is really good ! nicely done !

with what synth did you make that ? i didn't get everything of your method...i's a 5 bar loop ?

And again my lovely handy electribe is useful to test the theory from Daft Club forum

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Owa on Oct 24, 2017, 19:07

wow ! i've got a one year son, and since ten days, i give him some chemical lessons ! and i was asking how to remake this mad sound wich is really good ! nicely done !

with what synth did you make that ? i didn't get everything of your method...i's a 5 bar loop ?
Yes its a 5 bar loop :)
I used FL Studio and Audacity to assemble, but I couldn't figure it out so I had help

i'm on it with my digitakt & other gear :). i'm trying different things, making it by sample original sample use by the chems (francine mcgee etc etc etc)thanks for the sample !!

Quote from: Owa on Dec 05, 2017, 18:46

looking good, just a need a bit more work

Pretty awesome remake, absolutely spot on IMO. I tried to make something similar with Chemical Beats, recreating the live version of 1996 (which for me it's one of the best versions). Hope some day I can share it.

Heres my attempt at 8-bit remixing

This is SO sick!!! 2002 is my favorite era of their live tours and UTI from around this era is my favorite version of UTI and maybe my favorite couple minutes of any of their performances ever.  I've never seen anyone else discuss or appreciate it so I was super glad to find this forum!  And that remake is INCREDIBLE, the synth line is a little muted but I absolutely love that little part that loops the drums, and it's recreated perfectly here.  Might want to add it to my playlist.  I'm curious, though, how did you guys know what this sounded like before?  I only know of this because of recordings uploaded on youtube, but they weren't up at the time of this being made, so are there more recordings I don't know of?  The more I learn about these guys the more I'm amazed, they just always manage to do everything perfectly. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

To be honest, the only thing, that lacks from the UTI is the any kind of Acid bassline, as it just needs it, which was changed in any other version since the og mix
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?