Where Do I Begin?

Glastonbury 2022 => 2023

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jun 17, 2022, 23:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Following on from Shotglass 75's post in the Live Dates thread where he pointed out a retweet ( https://twitter.com/glastobation/status/1537172472369397762 ) by the @Chembros twitter, ITV.com (who funnily enough don't show any Glasto) ran this little article.
Tom's wife Ness also re-tweeted that same tweet incidentally.

And here's the set times for the Arcadia stage for Friday (they even say: "Here we go"):

https://twitter.com/A_rcadia/status/1537374425435316224

It's worth noting that everyone else on that list is doing DJ sets. So I'm guessing this will be a DJ set for the Chems too. If they were playing live, it would probably be on The Other Stage or The Pyramid stage.

A DJ set at Glasto would be kinda cool - perhaps another opportiunity to play some new tracks. However we may be relying on social media footage rather than professional BBC footage.

Since Smart TV became a thing, the BBC has covered the 6 largest stages at Glasto. You can literally select a stage and just watch everything on that stage via BBC iPlayer, live. No presenters, no interruptions. It's so much better than the old days when BBC2 would cover almost the whole festival, so they would jump around between stages/acts, and you never knew how much you were going to see of your favourite artist.

However the Arcadia stage isn't one of those 6 main stages. In fact the whole dance village at Glastonbury gets virtually no TV coverage. Occasionally the catch-up show on BBC2 might show five minutes of Fatboy Slim playing  Rockerfeller Skank. But overall it seems they don't think the DJ/Dance Tent stuff works for TV so they don't really cover it...
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2023, 14:36 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

that nme article is scrounging.

hey this reminds me. I attended Glastonbury once, in 2010. there were ridiculous rumours surrounding secret sets that year. several turned out to be true.

well we caught word that the Chemical Brothers would be playing a DJ set at some bar on Sunday at midnight. I think it was Stonebridge, though my memory is hazy. we headed over there after Orbital. they had to stop letting people in the tent shortly after we got there because it got so crowded. eventually someone came on the PA to announce the Chemical Brothers were not going to be playing. I never figured out who was playing (it was all listed as "very special guests") but we were having a blast regardless. fun times.

ok, back to 2020.

so, is the bbc recording this? and is anyone recording the bbc?
no idea, no idea

They ever DJ at Glastonbury before?

I have to imagine there is a new EBW that they want to debut to mark the occasion. You don't come as a late TBA secret and not deliver something special.

And yes, more importantly, who's gonna record this?

Looks like the BBC is not covering the Arcadia Stage  :'(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej34mb/performances#all
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 21, 2022, 18:56

Looks like the BBC is not covering the Arcadia Stage  :'(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej34mb/performances#all

I trust you read my OP?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 17, 2022, 23:00

A DJ set at Glasto would be kinda cool - perhaps another opportiunity to play some new tracks. However we may be relying on social media footage rather than professional BBC footage.

Since Smart TV became a thing, the BBC has covered the 6 largest stages at Glasto. You can literally select a stage and just watch everything on that stage via BBC iPlayer, live...

However the Arcadia stage isn't one of those 6 main stages. In fact the whole dance village at Glastonbury gets virtually no TV coverage. ... overall it seems they don't think the DJ/Dance Tent stuff works for TV so they don't really cover it...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

But exceptions can be made right? But what if there's some lackluster performances going on the other stages, can't they shoot over to the 'spider'

Bbc reporter with cameraman:
'yet (insert singer or band) puts on a decent display of music tonight at the pyramid and...

(Cameraman does 180 and aims camera to Ed cueing a track)

Bbc reporter: WAIT...IS THAT A NEW EBW? ARE YOU GETTING THIS?
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2022, 02:45 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 21, 2022, 20:14

I trust you read my OP?
Yes. And no. But mostly yes.

Did a small chat with Frank the boss and he promised me they'll drop Hot Acid Rhythm 2.
no idea, no idea

Tom has Covid, you guys :( the show tonight has sadly been cancelled. Check their socials.

Praying for a quick and gentle recovery and hoping our Tom is right as rain soon ❤️

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I just found out!  :o

He's going be ok! He's gonna need at least 10 days of isolation ( not sure of exact time of iso over there) I'm not trying to say if he'll make it to the castle show, but for now he just needs rest and support from us.

Fucking Covid! Several months ago, live shows we're back on the menu for venues and arenas, and it seems things were getting back to normal, but here we are,and I am so sad that the fans won't be able see the bros for glasto!

Sometimes we let our guard down, and sometimes we forget to think that just because we got our shots we can get back to doing the normal things we used to do. Unfortunately my parents thought this too and they caught COVID around 2 weeks ago. They're fine now because they got boosted.

I hope all of you are safe when doing such things when going about your business and hanging out with friends and family. Sometimes when I feel that I've been around people too long or too close in contact, I'll go get a covid test and check. Even at work I have to tell others sometimes in the break room to space each other apart. The next thing you know I check my work email and get news from my job that we have confirmed positive cases of covid. I had 3 of them just last week alone.

I wish Tom the fastest speedy recovery possible. We miss him and will alway be in our hearts as he heals.

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2022, 14:43 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I've had nastier hangovers than Covid and that's as a maniac unsafe granny-killing anti-vaxxer. Hoping he's better for Sunday. This was meant to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel after two years of "responsible" twats sucking the life out of everything that's good about being alive.

Quote from: rockontommy on Jun 24, 2022, 18:18

This was meant to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel after two years of "responsible" twats sucking the life out of everything that's good about being alive.
Yeah, how dare these nasty responsible people who care about the well-being of others get in the way of my hedonistic self-indulging way of life...
Last Edit: Jun 24, 2022, 20:54 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2022, 18:52

Yeah, how dare these nasty responsible people who care about the well-being of others get in the way of my hedonistic self-indulging way of life...

Exactly.

Quote from: rockontommy on Jun 24, 2022, 18:18

I've had nastier hangovers than Covid and that's as a maniac unsafe granny-killing anti-vaxxer. Hoping he's better for Sunday. This was meant to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel after two years of "responsible" twats sucking the life out of everything that's good about being alive.

Over six million people on this planet died of a highly communicable virus significantly worse than a hangover in the last two and a half years, including my father.  Perhaps you should consider that and ask yourself "Am I the inconsiderate, callous twat?" before posting that drivel.

Not even remotely near sorry for my response.

EDIT: Also, Fuck you for posting this after Chems had to cancel shows due to Covid.  Also, Fuck you on principle. 

Sorry about your Dad, Born In Planet Dust.

Dude, Born In Planet Dust, I am so sorry for your loss to this terrible illness.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: rockontommy on Jun 25, 2022, 06:41

Exactly.

1. Go fuck yourself

2. My condolences born in planet dust, I could imagine it must be tough especially with all these hedonistic twats out there not giving a damn

3. Ed seems to be now affected too,,, so again go fuck yourself Tommy, and hold tight Ed <3
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: rockontommy on Jun 25, 2022, 06:41
Exactly.

Ну ты и долбоёб, дружище
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound